Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone? Am I The Only One In April?

Congrats on your success! I'm lucky to have a support group in my area just for bandsters. I wouldn't want to go to a gastric bypass group either, listening to them talk about dumping syndrome- ha ha. I was considering an OA meeting to help me deal with the emotional/psychological aspect of overeating.

IDK when pain at port goes away. Mine has been better past couple of days. I was banded 2 weeks after you.

I have to ask you, I'm assuming your first fill will be soon. Since you've been so successful at weightloss are you feeling a decent amount of restriction now?

Around the one month mark I finally stopped feeling port pain :) My first fill isn't until May 24th. I feel some restriction, but not a lot. My friend had hers done the week before me and has had no restriction at all. I think the only reason we've lost any weight at all is because we've worked really hard at it. It has not been easy!

I am 3 and a half weeks. I kinda get this pain on my left side like if I have a side crap from running too much. That only happens occasionally, I'm guessing that's the port site. I have the most tenderness on my center incision, the largest one. Hopefully that goes away. That scar also kinda dips in feels harder. thoughts?

Frustrated! I've only had one fill and I still don't feel a restriction. I'm trying to be good, but it's difficult when you get depressed because nothing is happening. Doc says it will take 4 or 5 fills before I really begin to notice it. Just hoping I can keep the 20 pounds off that I lost so far until that happens. And of course I told everyone that I was having the surgery so now I keep getting questions about how much I have lost now. Sorry don't mean to be negative. I know it will work eventually. Anyone else going through the same thing?

scalico I'm in the same boat treading Water :(

I'm down a few ounces and gain a few the next day. Back and forth like this since my surgery. I was hoping after my fill it would change but I don't feel a ton of restriction so I just keep hoping for the best and keep my food intake on track.

Your not alone!

I'm in the same boat with you! I don't feel any restriction at all and my willpower is getting weak.

Despite my requests to keep my surgery private, my friend told everyone I had it and now I am starting to get the questions too.

It is so frustrating! I am beginning to think that I made a HUGE mistake by choosing the Lap Band instead of Gastric Bypass :(

Ok we are all in bandster hell. We had all heard bout it. Thing my dr told me is my first fill will only get me in the neighborhood of where i need to be. 2nd fill get me to my street and the 3rd fill should get me home. I am going to look at that and not let these few first mos get me upset. We did not gain this weight over night we wont lose it over night. Its not an automatic cure for us. I know its hard to keep our heads up and not be upset by not losing alot but fact is we are losing no matter if its slow. We gotta keep together and help each other through this stage so we can all be successful. As for the gastric bipass as a nurse no way i would have went that route. I have seen to many patients with problems from it. Also losing slow has a good part to it. It gives our skin time to shrink some. So lets look at that bright side. We are going to make it remember it wasnt the the hare who won the race but the turtle!! SO lets go turtles!!!

I love turtles!

Thanks Deb!

Thanks Deb!

No one had talked about this "Bandster's Hell" so I just wasn't prepared for this. Your pep talk definitely helped :D

I know I must have skipped over bandster hell ones. I was for a month or more.. Now very slow scale movement but at least moving. Also broke first goal to get under 200 which hadn't been there for a year or more.

Its funny, I don't even consider myself in bandster hell. It had such a negative ring to it. I just feel like getting to the level of restriction is a process and getting fills until I reach that level is just part of the process. I'm not gaining and that in itself pleases me. I suppose if I thought the weight would melt off then thats kind of a bit much. People that have way more to lose than I do have already lost the 40 pounds im trying to lose at this point, but everyone has a different path.

I was banded on April 26. I've had one fill sense and have only lost 9lbs and have no restriction. Hoping it will happen on second fill in 2 weeks

Well....I am that 1%...band infected....had to have removed June 16th..almost had band 2 months...never had a fill, and had a port site infection....there was no band erosion....so they are not sure just where the infection started.....can have band replaced in 3 months....at this time...I will try to take this next three months as a time of trying to do it on my own(as I did lose 20 pounds) and make a decision on replacement as it gets closer....

I did not feel that I wanted to take a chance of getting really sick from an infection and opted for removal....I waited over a year for this band....now more waiting.

Good luck to all..

Marlene

Well....I am that 1%...band infected....had to have removed June 16th..almost had band 2 months...never had a fill, and had a port site infection....there was no band erosion....so they are not sure just where the infection started.....can have band replaced in 3 months....at this time...I will try to take this next three months as a time of trying to do it on my own(as I did lose 20 pounds) and make a decision on replacement as it gets closer....

I did not feel that I wanted to take a chance of getting really sick from an infection and opted for removal....I waited over a year for this band....now more waiting.

Good luck to all..

Marlene

Good Luck Marlene!

I think the best thing you can do after removal is to continue to eat as healthy as possible. Whether you decide to have another band placed or go without it will help. I lost 70 lbs on my 6+ month pre op before I was banded and feel that was part of why I had such an easy recovery. I know an infection can happen no matter what and there was nothing you could have done to prevent it. If you have another one placed I hope your next recovery is smooth sailing!!!

Hi ! Just checking in with my April 2012 bandsters ! .how is everyone? Is bandster hell over for you?how many fills have u had?what was ur starting weight? How much have you lost.?

For me pre op diet started 3/23/12 banded 4/6/12

I feel like I'm just starting bandster hell.I have not been hungry until the last couple of weeks.

I've only had one fill . I refused the last 3 cuz my weightloss was steady but now I'm starting to get really hungry.

My starting Weight pre op was 339

I lost 48 lbs total since starting pre op. 34 lbs since surgery .

What's your story !?