Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone? Am I The Only One In April?

I've never tried it together but I do love greek yogurt with honey.

I loathe cottage cheese. The texture is disgusting.

I start mushies on Thursday and I have these foods in mind as long as I make them REALLY tender I can eat them.

Pasta (not Al dente)

Baked Beans

Potato salad (love this with a little baked Beans on top)

Pot roast in the crock pot all day

meat loaf? I'm thinking if it's moist enough I can mash it

oatmeal

Homemade tamales (can't wait to do this, that way I cut out most of the fat and I'm adding unflavored Protein to the masa) I've calced it out to about 110 calories per tamale and I think about 8gm of Protein at least. I'll let you know how they turn out next week.

I'm not hungry, but can you tell I miss cooking?

Just got mine from UHC this morning as well. I'm a go for this thursday!! So exciting isn't it?? good luck Jim.

Congratulations!!!

I did alot of reading on this web site before getting my band. I read the positives and the negatives. AND I vowed to myself that I was not going to be a failure!! Abide by all of your surgeons rules and the band will work for you!! My surgeon gave me a book that his nurse made for all his patients...with food stages' date=' Vitamins to take, etc!! I hope that you will have some sort of lapband bible to retain to...good luck to you ladies that are getting banded soon!! I just had my final fill today...as I am almost 2 years post op. Surgeon told me that by now there should be no more fat around my esophagus...if I was to go any tighter, he would be choking my esophagus!! So, this is it for me...my last fill was too much, took out 1 cc 6 mths ago, and put back in .6cc...I should now be at my sweet spot!! We shall see....[/quote']

Wish all doctors gave books to help with the whole process post op

Had my first weigh in. I week post op down 10lbs. On my way...

Hey everyone' date=' I know I've been kind of MIA but I'm here to report. So, I was banded on thursday afternoon. everything went well. My dr. repaired a hernia and some leasions I apprently had that i didn't know about. I spent the night in the hospital so they could keep an eye on me and came home yesterday evening.

I felt like I had been hit by a mac truck yesterday and the day before but I feel MUCH better today and hopfully will only continue upwards. I started having some gas pain in my left shoulder today but called the doc and was told i probably didn't feel it in the hospital because of the morphine but it's more uncomfortable then painful at this point so I'm dealing.

The gas pain is there but walking helps a lot so I'm trying to do as much as I can. The incisions don't hurt but the prt site is VERY tender and painful at times. I'm seeing that that takes the longest to heal so I'll just put on my big girl pants and deal with it. Besides that the only trouble I'm having is trying to get all the liquid they want me to have down.

I've been nursing an 11oz muscle milk shake since 8 am but it feels so uncomfortale to drink it. I know i should have had more at this point and I'm trying but it's really difficult since i feel so full as it it is. I mean I feel like I've been eating for 3 days none stop and am still trying to cram down food. I'm giving it an effort though and hopefully it'll get easier from here.

Other then that I'm fine and hopeful and looking forward to starting my new life.[/quote']

Good to know . Love hearing about other experiences as I get closer next week. It reassures me not too bad.

Chunkygirl- I had a bad two days after surgery too. I felt completely human in about 5 days. Today is day 9 and I don't remember having any shoulder pain for the past two days. Still a tad sore if I do too much though. Hang in there!

Hi everyone, I was banded on April 4th & feeling really weak. I went back to work Thursday, still having a lot of pain around the port incision but otherwise ok. It does seem hard to get all the Vitamins, Protein and Water every day! Wondering if I'm just not getting the vitamins & protein I need or is it still getting over the surgery? I have lost 19 pounds so far!

My surgery is this Wednesday, April 18th. I want to thank everyone for writing because it gives me comfort knowing what other people are going through. I will also do my best to write my story in case it helps anyone else. I'm extremely excited and nervous now that the day is almost here. Good luck to all of us. God Bless

Hi I just had my lap band surgery April 6, 2012. I am now in my 8th day post op, and have already seen my Surgeon. i had a little complication while in surgery, and had some weird things happen after. Anyway, I am so glad I found this support group. I have so many questions.

I will be back to read more, but for now I want to venture a little and see what other oldies are saying.

Oh my goodness. I thought something was wrong with me. You sound like what I went through. They found a massive hernia when they went in. and I had no idea. My incision is awful painful. Then found out I had an reaction to the glue. i did not stay over, I came home and then went to see my surgeon 3 days later, because I could not swallow w/o being in pain, and heartburn. Long story short. I see my surgeon again on the 23rd of April. But are you able to feel the band? When my incision gets sore or I have a coughing fit, I hold my area, and I can feel a lump. I am hoping it is scar tissue. My sinuses are killing me, and I can not stop coughing. i just want to check. So far in three weeks I have lost 26 pounds. Surgeon said that band was tight, and when i say it, it looked great. Saw little pouch, then a yarn size stream where the Fluid ran through. That would be nice if I didn't need fills. lol Hoping.....thanx for listening. :)

Surgery the 18th also...started a Protein Shake for 2 meals and a lean meal for dinner...I did not get in the second Protein shake...so will have a salad with chicken and hope that is good...

I see the doc on Tuesday...I will also have a nutritional class..have alot of questions.

I am excited and also anxious....knowing this common helps a bit...

Marlene

My surgery is this Wednesday' date=' April 18th. I want to thank everyone for writing because it gives me comfort knowing what other people are going through. I will also do my best to write my story in case it helps anyone else. I'm extremely excited and nervous now that the day is almost here. Good luck to all of us. God Bless[/quote']

Mine is the 18th too. Good luck to you!

I'm the 18th too. My pre op diet is just Clear Liquids with two to three Premier Protein shakes each day. I'm kinda hating it but I can do it. We're almost there!!!

But are you able to feel the band? When my incision gets sore or I have a coughing fit, I hold my area, and I can feel a lump. I am hoping it is scar tissue.

I think what you feel is the port site. I know I can feel mine, they had me feel it before I even got dressed at the hospital. My understanding is yes, you will always be able to feel it.

I found pictures of someone on here who had a port replacement and referred to it as her alien baby. I like that and am now calling my alien baby Bandy.