Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone? Am I The Only One In April?

Ohhh lol getting more and more jealous of you all getting it done in April but going to use you all to strive for and to keep me informed of what to expect.So every lb you guys lose i can think Next month i will be losing that too....

Congrats on your approval! We can all run with this together.

I've heard change is the one thing in life you can count on. smile.png

j~

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH PHIL (DR.PINNAR PA)? I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A FILL.

Friday April 13th for me!

Oh Gottamebe .. I love friday the 13ths.. I know you will do great...

I've always thought Monday the 13th was the real problem...

13 is my fav number.. And May 13th is one of my fav dates. I grad high school on a Friday May 13 and 2 years later my oldest son was born on may 13th.. lol if it wasnt i want my surgery the first day of May i would choose May 13th. Good Luck i cant wait to follow your progress

Welcome to the April group gotto. We're growing!!!

So right now I'm less than 40 days til my surgery. I'm starting to think about things I won't be able to eat anymore and wondering if I should eat those things now... like steak! I know, I know... not good for the liver. It's my thoughts, not my actions. Wondering if you are all feeling the same?

Hey GUESS WHAT?? It's Friday!

Make it awesome,

j~

Do we (April Bandster) need a cute name for our group? Anyone? Something fun, witty. I haven't had enough coffee yet to think of anything.

Well, our surgeries are in April so maybe we should just be Fools!

I started my journey in July. I love the staff where I go and feel they do a very thorough job getting you to surgery. I have been on a modified very low calorie diet since August but have not been sticking to it very well lately. I'm not sure if it is because this is the point "diets" start to fail for me or what is happening. Even since I got my approval and date set I have had a mixture of good and bad days. I am falling into the "hole" of "well I'm having surgery soon so I'll eat what I want now" and need to get past it.

From what I've read I don't really know that there is any one thing we can't eat after surgery. It seems it's a matter of making sure the size and consistency will go down and not get stuck or come back up. it seems some people have problems with some foods that others don't. The idea of getting things stuck is probably what worries me most right now.

Just got my surgery date !!! Monday, April 2. Im so happy I got an early April date. My only instructions for right now is to be on a high Protein, low starch diet during March, which I have been for awhile...

Congrats Glove. We'll be surgery twins! I'm really excited I've found a few on this site to share all this with. Not sure if any of you will understand this, but it really helps for me to get out of my own head.

Gotto..

"well I'm having surgery soon so I'll eat what I want now"

I have a blog where I'm putting my thoughts down about this jounrey. I did it when I quit smoking and thought this was a good time to start again. Just a place to put my thoughts. So, Gotto I thought I would share what I wrote earlier this morning.

My last meal

So I've been doing tons of research on my surgery. What I can and can't eat. There seems to be more cant's... things like bread. As an addict to food, I'm starting to think of all the things I won't be able to eat and thinking I should stock up on them now. I envision a huge steak dinner with a jumbo baked potato, grilled onions soaked in butter, with a huge loaf of bread. Have to admit this would be my favorite meal ever! I can down a huge chunk of steak.

Now I know I need to change my way of thinking. Why do I feel like I will be deprived? I'm projecting based on assumptions. Will I never eat steak again? I'm pretty sure, someday I will. It may not be for the next several months but I'm sure there will be an occasion in my future. The reality is this! I haven't had steak in months. Rarely anymore do I eat red meat so why am I concerned about it now. This is going to be a life style change, NOT a diet. Might as well start changing now. Purging those thoughts on here is good for me.

It's nice to know I'm not alone with my misdirected thoughts.

j~

J, I thought about starting a blog or something too; It's a great way to release your feelings. My girlfriend asked me if I was going to begIn eating all my favorite foods in March and I told her I really didnt see any sense in that. For one, it's not a healthy way to prepare my body for surgery. I was told to get on a high protein/low starch diet in March and, secondly, i dont want to buy into the idea that this is all about deprevation. My problem is Portion Control. And the band will hopefuly control that.

Yeah! We are surgery twins!

Hello April banders! I'm getting banded on April 5th and am getting extremely nervous.... Like many of you I've also been thinking about food, namely steak. What if I can never eat it again? I LOVE steak. Then I think. Well, I hate being fat more than I love steak. As my husband says I can always taste it without swallowing. Got to love that kind of support. I am going Ruths Chris (my favorite steak house) next weekend, just in case.

Has anyone else found themselves constantly looking at the calender and counting down? I do it at least once a day. So nervous!

38 days and counting!

Yes, I'm thinking of streak, huge bowls of Pasta and fresh french bread! Sounds like dinner to me.

That's awesome that you have such good support. I have a dear friend how has the lap band 4 yrs ago and has lost over 100 lbs. She's also a ICU nurse which give her extra kudos for sure. I think I would be far more nervous if I didn't have her in my back pocket.

So the name: What about April Shedders? ya know, April Showers bring May flowers. I live in AZ so that never holds true here but I'm looking forward to shedding my cocoon.

WELCOME to the group Summrsue!