Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heart Attack Grill - 6000 Calorie Burger!

Anyone catch this news article yesterday????

Diner suffers cardiac arrest while eating a Triple Bypass Burger in restaurant called the Heart Attack Grill

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101399/Heart-Attack-Grill-customer-Las-Vegas-suffers-cardiac-arrest-eating-Triple-Bypass-Burger.html#ixzz1md7kz7gy

That is sooooo stupid! Why woul danyone feel thay should eat a 6000 calorie burger. Men feel they should do it just to say they did! Sorry B-52, don't mean to put down a whole group of people, but men seem to like to take challenges like that. My son, who is now on lapband, several years back ordered one of those 32 oz steaks that if you finsh you get to have a nother if you want it! Now, he can't finish a 6oz steak; he is eating like a thin person and loving it! I hope that that crazy restuarant closes before more folks suffer the fate of the 40 year old in the story! Thanks for the article. Karen

That is just disgusting

ugh! "Some meals average 8,000 calories" Horrible!

I saw this on the news this morning. They actually encourage people over 300+ to come in and get a free triple bypass burger! You would think the photo of the man leaving on a gurney after eating one and going to the hospital would be a wake up call but some people just haven't hit their bottom I guess.

Eveyone who goes to that resturant knows what they are getting themselves into. That place has drawn attention to the amount of fats and calories that go into their sandwhiches. I think that itself is great. It is the silent resturants that cause us to eat the same amount of calories as this place but we don't think about it because we don't see the numbers. How many times do you see people go into the all you can eat places? There is no calorie counter there and they sure don't want you to acknoldge how bad it is for you because most people would think twice about going. I applaude the Heart Attack Grill for being honest and letting you know what is going into your mouth is what can kill you.

What's even worse is their previous spokesman a 575 lbs 29 year old man died last year from complications from pneumonia. That place just has some bad karma

I think all restaurants should have to have the cal.s listed next to each item. They have started that in NY i saw when i visited. It really made me think twice about what i was ordering.

I think all restaurants should have to have the cal.s listed next to each item. They have started that in NY i saw when i visited. It really made me think twice about what i was ordering.

I agree with the other people. Some resturants do show the calories, especially if they are touting theor low cal menu. I still think this is disgusting! Karen

just gross! even at my heaviest, i wouln't have eaten that! But PWoo10, I have to agree with you, It makes you wonder what you're putting in your mouth!

There was a show about Heart Attack Grill I watched it was very interesting. If you weigh over 300 pounds you get to eat free there everyday! They have a scale right up front that they weigh you on and everything. Sad thing is there were two friends who go there everyday for the free food it's a shame.

The restaurant should be held liable the state in their names prior knw of risks. I have been shocked at some items in restaurant menus one is a vegetable omelet at Ihop is around 1200 cals they put pancake batter in their omelets. I thought all restaurants had to post cals somewhere or provide a list of cals. I'm going to check at next place I visit

In New York now, many chain restaurants must post the calorie counts. It is eye- opening when you ate standing at the Dunkin Donuts counter and you see the calories !!!!!

The Heart Attack Grill was featured on one of the food Channels programs a few years back about the fact that they had a Fry Bar with all the fixings, especially cheese. Now they are in Vegas and I saw this story the other day. What made it worst is when they were interviewing the owner. Most or all of the people in the background looked to be 350lbs. plus. It just goes to show that the demand for places like this still are present in todays world, especially with all the warnings and such from the FDA, various health orgs. and such. I could not even think about or vision myself eating a burger like that today. It is amazing what this surgery does to your brain by breaking the food habits and really making you think before you eat.