Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 days op and I can eat anything without vomiting. Its like I didn't even have surgery' date=' is anyone else the same. I don't think that's a good thing.[/quote']

Hi mwest1 I was told if you are vomiting that you are overeating. I haven't vomit not once I'm too scary...lol we have to remember the band is a tool My doctor explained to me that you can get anything down the band but it's up to me to make the rigt choices.

I am 9 days op and I can eat anything without vomiting. Its like I didn't even have surgery' date=' is anyone else the same. I don't think that's a good thing.[/quote']

MWest u should not be eating you want. The first few weeks after surgery are for healing. U may cause damage if u overeat. Unfortunately, we have to use willpower for these weeks, it's not about restriction since they usually don't fill ur band at the time of surgery. Good luck. I know it's hard, but try not to over do it. Also u should be on some type of liquid/purée diet right now?

My dr said he put mine in empty and had the same issue. It was true hard dieting. But it's better than food getting stuck! Just make sure you stay to your plan and once you start getting fills it will get better. I got my first one last tuesday and am still hungry but not crazy I want to go eat a pizza or a hamburger hungry. I do feel better!

MWest u should not be eating you want. The first few weeks after surgery are for healing. U may cause damage if u overeat. Unfortunately, we have to use willpower for these weeks, it's not about restriction since they usually don't fill ur band at the time of surgery. Good luck. I know it's hard, but try not to over do it. Also u should be on some type of liquid/purée diet right now?

i agree.. the first few weeks are just for healing, and exercising self control.

ive over done it with liquids. i didnt think it was possible . by lunchtime ive started to get gut pain... like intense wind. then as the afternoon goes by the pain moves up under my right ribcage. really bad. then there is general soreness in the area of my pouch as well.

i had to retire really early last night. it felt like gall bladder might feel... but not sure what side the gall bladder is on... anyone?/

anyway, i had a good think about what i was having in my Soups. Id started introducing salsa... med. id started , yesterday, introducing some chilli.(a 1/2 teaspoon in about 2 cups soup)

i think that was the straw that broke the camels back somehow. So, this morning, im back to bland liquids again. trying to get everything to settle down. Has anyone else had this problem?? when i had my post surgery appointment with the dr i talked about using salsa in my soups and the dr didnt mind at all. perhaps its just a weakness ive got.. and its showing now?/ Any advice or experience on this one, please??

My surgery was March 15, and I feel the same exact way. It is very frustrating . I'm keeping my fingers crossed that after I get my first fill that I will feel some restriction.

My surgery was March 15, and I feel the same exact way. It is very frustrating . I'm keeping my fingers crossed that after I get my first fill that I will feel some restriction.

i must have some swelling still because im restricted. i was done on the 23rd and no filling at the time. i have to be careful swallowing liquids even.

I am feeling that way. Im told i have to wait a couple weekd till i get my first fill.

Just got banded yesterday man that gas was nothing nice but once u felt that the sores from surgery where nothing

Oh yeah I totally agree. I think that was overall the worst part of recovery...it took me a good 3 days before I felt better to breathe. I was banned on 3/26. What's funny is I picked up my hydrocodone before surgery and used it once. Made me nauseous so I stopped and honestly I am thankful to say I had minimal pain and no nausea since the meds.

Hello my fellow march bandsters!!! I need some HONEST friends on myfitnesspal. If ou lose it and mess up I won't judge, but I need more people to help me with ideas and motivation!

My user name is CottonBarry

VioletC

I am on myfitnespal as well. My user name is MsSandi57. I just send you an invite.

D

Hi cottonbarry and VioletC I use myfitnesspal daily.....you can find me at the same username:waitingpatiently