Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! My surgery is scheduled for March 16... Three more days! I think I am more nervous than excited right now. I have been able to successfully lose 50-100 pounds at least five times in my life only to regain it all plus an 25-30 pounds. Sometimes I think I can just lose weight like I always do BUT this time I wil keep it off (yeah right). That is my main reason to have the surgery and why I do not want to regain all of my weight again and be closer to 400. So far, I lost 54 since Dec. 7 (10 pre-op diet). I believe I am doing the right thing to have the band yet there is a nagging feeling telling me "don't do it". I read these blogs religiously and enjoy the supportive nature of it.

I had surgery March 9th in Mexico, and feeling pretty good. Down 20pds with my pre op and post op diet, so pretty happy, although still on liquid diet but its oi..Looking forward to this new way of life!!! Good luck everyone!!

Hi everyone! My surgery is scheduled for March 16... Three more days! I think I am more nervous than excited right now. I have been able to successfully lose 50-100 pounds at least five times in my life only to regain it all plus an 25-30 pounds. Sometimes I think I can just lose weight like I always do BUT this time I wil keep it off (yeah right). That is my main reason to have the surgery and why I do not want to regain all of my weight again and be closer to 400. So far, I lost 54 since Dec. 7 (10 pre-op diet). I believe I am doing the right thing to have the band yet there is a nagging feeling telling me "don't do it". I read these blogs religiously and enjoy the supportive nature of it.

..Depends on your history... if you have been completely successful in keeping the weight off then you dont need the band. i guess it all depends on what sort of weight gain you have had inbetween. if you are still ahead with weight loss and dont have any other health issues that are affected by your weight then maybe you be quite good without the band. but, your dr wouldnt have agreed to the surgery if he didnt think that it would help you, would he?? Everyone of us here has had those nagging thoughts one way or another. i think its because we are walking through a door and shutting it behind us ?? anyway, you have done really well in losing so far. im sure you will do well with the surgery . im having doubts sometimes myself. i need to stop and be realistic though about my health needs right now... and not try and talk myself out of having it done. im being done in 9 days. No pre op diet.

Well I had my surgery on Monday. I was there by 7:30 and actually went to the OR at 1 PM. Talk about anexity Everything well and brcause of the late surgery caued me to stay overnight. Today they couldn't get my oxygen up high enough so I am now at home with a portable oxygem unit. I have had very little pain and have not have anything for the pain since 6 this morning.

I do feel an ache but even gas is minimal.

Well I had my surgery on Monday. I was there by 7:30 and actually went to the OR at 1 PM. Talk about anexity Everything well and brcause of the late surgery caued me to stay overnight. Today they couldn't get my oxygen up high enough so I am now at home with a portable oxygem unit. I have had very little pain and have not have anything for the pain since 6 this morning.

so your oxygen sats are down?? can i ask?? how old are you?? it shoudnt be happening. Thats great you are doing well with the surgery ... way to go.

Yes, you are not alone I'm getting about 6 oz of Protein Shake a day. My doc said its ok dont force it.

i guess the over riding issue is that the stomach heals enough... that would come first. i know my dr said that he wasnt overly concerned about how much i could drink, so long as i was hydrated. thats for the first few days.

Well finished with day 6 of pre-op, so far doing great and down 11 pounds from my beginning weight. Yay! Getting anxious for next Wednesday to get here, pre-op stuff that afternoon then to the hospital at 7:30am on Thursday. I'm doing this journey with a friend/co-worker, her surgery is about an hour before mine, so she'll be with my daughter and I. So far I've had great support from the few that I've told. Ready to get this journey moved to the next level!

Glad those of you that had surgery are doing so well! Hope the recovery progresses well for you all. Those coming up soon for surgery, we'll be thinking of you and praying all goes wonderfully!

I had the same problem with my oxygen too but they made me breathe deeply and put me on oxygen for about 10-15 minutes. The nurse told me she wouldn't let me go home if it was down. I think it is the medication they give to dry you out with. Hope it comes up soon.

I had surgery March 9th in Mexico, and feeling pretty good. Down 20pds with my pre op and post op diet, so pretty happy, although still on liquid diet but its oi..Looking forward to this new way of life!!! Good luck everyone!!

how long did you have to fly to get to Mexico?? i was considering going there if i couldnt get treatment here. i live in Aust. What about your follow ups with fills etc?? do you have a clinic nearer you ?? or do you have to fly to mexico for your fills?? im really interested to know . Flying interstate is probably more expensive here than it is there.

Here I sit waiting to leave the house to head to the hospital. That's right folks....this morning is my day! Have to be there at 6am they are suppose to take me back to surgery at 7:30. I've got the shakes right at the moment but that could be cause I've had nothing of substance to eat in like a day. Wish me luck see you all on the other side.... :D

sunflower, how are you doing today?

Lannae, I was banded on the 6th of this month. I am down 14lbs post op and 28 with pre-op. I am quite happy. Not having really anymore surgical pain but pain in my left shoulder and I don't believe it is from gas. I don't feel gassy,it feels more like nerve now and can't understand why

Well finished with day 6 of pre-op, so far doing great and down 11 pounds from my beginning weight. Yay! Getting anxious for next Wednesday to get here, pre-op stuff that afternoon then to the hospital at 7:30am on Thursday. I'm doing this journey with a friend/co-worker, her surgery is about an hour before mine, so she'll be with my daughter and I. So far I've had great support from the few that I've told. Ready to get this journey moved to the next level!

Glad those of you that had surgery are doing so well! Hope the recovery progresses well for you all. Those coming up soon for surgery, we'll be thinking of you and praying all goes wonderfully!

Next Thursday will be here before you know it. It is wonderful that you have a support partner doing this with you. You will both be just fine. good luck for the both of you

..Depends on your history... if you have been completely successful in keeping the weight off then you dont need the band. i guess it all depends on what sort of weight gain you have had inbetween. if you are still ahead with weight loss and dont have any other health issues that are affected by your weight then maybe you be quite good without the band. but, your dr wouldnt have agreed to the surgery if he didnt think that it would help you, would he?? Everyone of us here has had those nagging thoughts one way or another. i think its because we are walking through a door and shutting it behind us ?? anyway, you have done really well in losing so far. im sure you will do well with the surgery . im having doubts sometimes myself. i need to stop and be realistic though about my health needs right now... and not try and talk myself out of having it done. im being done in 9 days. No pre op diet.

Ladies I was right there with you just the day before my surgery. That is when reality set in and I was thinking, if I just continue to diet like this then I will be fine but the problem is I wouldn't. I have done nothing but liquids in 3 weeks pre-op and post op because I have had too but if I didn't have too, no way would I be doing this. We all have those nagging moments but those too shall pass. This is definately a new journey and one I can say that I am glad I took. Good luck to the both of you. You are going to do awesome

so its over now... thats great news. keep us posted.

I am so glad that it is over for you and very proud of you for going through with it. Prayers that you will start feeling much better soon. I was banded on March 6th and am doing really good with the exception of the left shoulder pain which I don't believe is gas anymore. It feels more like nerve pain

I have been looking for this blog, sharing my experience with others having lap band surgery at the same time. I am scheduled for 3/20. I started my boost yesterday And my belly rumbles all day long. I even dreamed about food last night. But I am so looking forward to this and nervous at the same time. I try to avoid blogs about people having problems.

How is everyone else doing

I was banded on 3/06 and it is awesome with the exception of the left shoulder pain. I am still very glad that I started this journey. Down 14lbs since surgery and 28 with pre-op. you are going to do awesome. Good luck