Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1/2 A Cup? Really?

Yes I read how little some people eat and i still feel like a complete pig! My meals are HUGE in comparison! LOL I think the rest of my family would tell me they are not but.......

I still eat off a full sized plate but my food probably fills about half. I have some Protein - a small chop, piece of chicken, mince whatever plus a dessert spoon of carbs and veggies. Sometimes I manage to finish it sometimes I don't - if i leave something it's generally some of the carbs.

Not satisfied, but not physically hungry. The goal really, is to see how little you can eat without being hungry.

I'm at 8 or so units in my 14 band and I feel I can still eat like a normal person. I usually just get stuck when I eat fast or in a rush but I don't have to cut my bites too tiny since I don't have a problem with it going down. Yes, my portions are much smaller than before the surgery but I feel like I'm eating as a normal sized person does which is why I think I haven't lost anything for awhile. Its as if my body is comfortable at this weight which is what I weighed for most of my adult life before my dad got ill & with stress I put on the extra 70+ pounds that made me unbearably uncomfortable. My doctor says that I'm "up there" in fill units but I don't feel full most times or any other symptoms most people feel at their sweet point. Anyone know how many units a band can hold...can a 14 unit be filled to the max?

NYY,

I am one of my dr's 'most filled' patients, as I have 8.25cc in a 10cc band. He was reluctant to keep filling me because most people find their sweet spot long before the amount of fill I have, but hey, we're not all the same and I needed more in the band. I knew I did. Your band is not even 60% full, so it's not like you're really 'up there' with the fill amount you have in your band!

I think if you're eating quite a lot and getting hungry fast, you sound like you need a fill.

ETA: and even with 8.25cc in my band, I can eat like a regular 'small' eater most days, and certainly enough that most people don't even comment anymore on how little I eat.

Thats what im like. I have only 0.2cc left to go in my 4cc band. Today, by necessity rather than choice i was at mcdonalds for lunch. I can eat a big mac. I was full but not overly. I certainly couldn even think about fries, let alone a drink. Akes me feel like a pig here, but when ypu look around, everyone els upsizes, has fries, a bucket of coke. I think some of us think we eat a lot, but in truth we lose perspective after a while banded

I can eat more than 1/2c but i try not to. I been banded for 6mths. I have lost 40lbs. I got my 4th fill o am at 9 cc's

I prob eat about 1 cup of food. I weigh my Protein and measure out my starches to 1/4 cup. I don't measure veggies though. I do feel like I could eat more and I'd love to eat more, but I don't!

Since my 1st fill 1/2 can be to much. I eat until band says no. Thank god I have good restriction. Now. Also luckily I don't get hungery for about an hour after eating now. I feel very lucky to have such good restriction on my first fill of 2 cc in 10 cc band.

I always eat more than 1/2 a cup. I usually dont eat until late morning but I do eat 4 to 5 times a day. I never count calories anymore but just eat when I feel hungry and stop when I am satisfied. I always try to make good choices but I am human and do fail sometimes.teeth_smile.gif

Kat