Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello February Bansters!!! I have two more days until surgery!!! Two!!! I am due to arrive at 5am on 2/15. I have been too busy this weekend to be nervous, but i am sure Tuesday will be a sleepness night!!

I just completed Day 3 of my liquid pre-op diet...every day seems to be a bit better and easier than the day before.

One of the items on my diet is Benefiber 3X a day, dissolved in a clear liquid. Does anyone know if there is a specific reason that it must be used with a clear liquid only? It would be so much better if I could just pour it into one of my Protein Shakes.

Pre-op appointment is 2/15, and my scale died over the weekend, so I have no clue how much variation there is in readings between my new scale and the one at the surgeon's office. I hope I am still in the "zone" of under 225 by then...otherwise yet another delay.

Good luck to everyone!

Greekie, so sorry you are having such a rough time. I got out yesterday for the first time since the surgery on Wednesday as I was getting cabin fever. I went to my daughters house and she had barbecued ribs in the oven. Smelled delicious, but really didn't bother me. I am only taking a pain pill before bed as I find that after a while I get an achy belly and back. Today I feel kinda blah like I could sleep all day. But I really think it's the residual effect of the pain pill as I feel light-headed and woozie. I want to try Wil's advice and get out and walk a bit but it's pretty cold. If it warms up I may try it. My poor dog doesn't understand why mama isn't taking her on walks.

I hope you start feeling better, Greekie, and all others just out of surgery. I said a prayer for you all. Also said one for the rest of facing the same thing in these next 2 weeks or so. Mine is for Feb 29! My low carb pre op diet starts this Wednesday. Oh the nerves are already starting.

I hope you start feeling better, Greekie, and all others just out of surgery. I said a prayer for you all. Also said one for the rest of facing the same thing in these next 2 weeks or so. Mine is for Feb 29! My low carb pre op diet starts this Wednesday. Oh the nerves are already starting.

Hey Sass...

I go the same day!! I added you as a friend so we can compare notes if you would like. Good Luck to you!!

Sojourner, I use benefiber in my shakes. I don't even taste it and it seems to be working fine!

I have enjoyed reading everyone's experiences - both positive and not so positive. I am so excited that my surgery is this Friday. I had my preop appointment with my surgeon and his assistant, found out the whole "scoop" of how my day will likely go. And the good news - I got moved up 2 hours to be the first patient. I am so excited!! Nervous - yes, but extremely excited!

I've been using the SlimFast Low Carb shakes successfully, and amazingly still enjoy them. Not sure how much I'll still like them in 2 more weeks though.

Keep posting folks - your experiences are so helpful to all of us!

im a February bandster!!! my surgery is scheduled for 2/22! im so excited and nervous about it but i cant wait to see how everything turns out!(:

Had my surgery today at 2pm. A b

Oops lol. I feel good. Have some shoulder pain, no nausea, the walking around truly does help. It was worse than I thought it would be the first hour or so after surgery but now it's not as harsh as I thought it would be. At home, laying in bed watching TV. A long way to go but am excited. You have all been a great source of support in here with all the information etc.

I am with you- I am scheduled to arrive at 6:45am on Wednesday morning and am getting more and more nervous everyday. Good luck to

you on your surgery and a speedy recovery :)

I'm also scheduled Wednesday!!!

Today was 10 days and I feel so much better. The first 4 days for me were pretty rough. My back was killing me and the port pain was painful. By day 5 I turned the corner. By day 7, I turned into a crazy woman and was beyond cabin fevered and depressed.

Got out of the house for the first time Friday evening for a few hours and felt like a million bucks.

By Sat, I was out all day and by Sunday I was out walking a few miles.

My only pain now is at night in bed if I turn the wrong way.

My incisions are starting to itch BAD because they are healing so it's driving me nuts. The hospital told me to leave the steri strips on and let them fall off on their own. As of this morning they were still on and I was getting pink welts under the tape. I had to carefully take them off so I think the welts are making the itch worse.

Not sure what to do about them? The incision is ok but the welts are around the area. I want to claw my skin off.

They look really good tho and I don't think I will have bad scarring at all in my 5 incisions.

Day 4 of the pre-op liquid diet, and today I felt like I had no energy to do anything. I didn't even walk for exercise, quite unusual for me.

I hope that this is just another adjustment to the lower carbs in the diet...the brain does need some glucose to operate...smile.png

My nerves are getting to me as I approach the one week mark. I am excited yet fearful of 2/23. You would think that someone whose been over weight since 10 would be less nervous. I hope I can stick to my liquid diet, that scares me since I am the chef in the house. I could really use some encourging words. I've been praying for all us February bandsters and keep checking in on the post op peeps to. God grant us all the serenity to move ahead and do what we need to do to get through this part of the game :)

kenna 98 i to will be banded on the 22.....how exciting !