Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! I figured I'd let every body know how I've been doing! Surgery was on Feb 8th...exactly one week ago tomorrow. I feel awesome.

Glad to hear you're doing so well, Violet! Hopefully it's just the beginning of a fabulous new life. :)

I also had a hernia fixed while they were in there but haven't had too much pressure in my chest. Lots of pressure in my lower abdomen however like in my intestines. Guess they aren't used to what I'm putting in their yet and hope that all gets regulated soon. Other than that, I am doing great. No pain meds and the pain in my legs has finally subsided. Now I can walk more. Hope you get to feeling better but if it doesn't pass, call the doctor or pa. They will let you know what should be normal or not.

Good to here you are doing good too! Second day at work today after having surgery on the 9th doing really good except a lot of pressure in my intestines too like there is a battle going on in there. Glad to see someone else had pain in there legs I was thinking that was weird but mine has gone away too so no issue with that. Going to the store now to get some more gas x to see if that helps the stomach it doesn't feel like the band itself but just a combination of the gas and diet. The thing I hate the most is the burps going through the band hoping that is just because of it being new.

Violet593, You are amazing! This is such a huge, positive, uplifting, thing to read about. I am so happy for you. This is what it is all about. Good for you! Best wishes!! (I hope I don't have gas pain after my surgery Friday.)

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1DsH1x/]

weight.png

[/url]

aw thank you guys so much!! I hope you all do really well too!!! I'm sure you will. I also forgot to mention that I had a hernia repaired too. I think that might be why I had 5 incisions? I don't know I forgot to ask...lol I always forget to ask him things when I see him but I will be seeing him next week. And I was going to return back to work yesterday but I just felt I needed a little bit longer...still just a little too sore and can't lift obviously either...but I'm going back in tomorrow!!

I'm feb 27 also

Yay for us! Pre-Op diet started today! Its already pretty rough! LOL im excited though!

I'm so proud to in this group of February Bandsters! We rock it! I will say a prayer for all of you going through the surgery in the next few days. I hope it goes well, and that you love life with the band. So far I do! I have barely felt hunger since being banded, and when I feel it I mix up a quick shake and it goes away! Last night I pureed a can of Beans with bacon Soup and oh man it was GOOD! I ate about a third of it, and my bf ate the rest.

I went over to my mom and dad's place tonight to visit. It was the first time I've been out of the house since coming home from surgery Saturday. It was so good to be out and about. My family is so proud of how well I am doing. I weighed myself on their scales and OMG! From the morning of surgery to now I am 23 pounds down!!! Mind you, it is on different scales, but dang! 23 pounds in 5 days! HOLY MOLEY! WOOT!

Bundle of nerves. Less than 24 hours until surgery... thinking I will turn on early. I doubt I will sleep at all tonight.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way...happy for you!!

I'm so proud to in this group of February Bandsters! We rock it! I will say a prayer for all of you going through the surgery in the next few days. I hope it goes well, and that you love life with the band. So far I do! I have barely felt hunger since being banded, and when I feel it I mix up a quick shake and it goes away! Last night I pureed a can of Beans with bacon Soup and oh man it was GOOD! I ate about a third of it, and my bf ate the rest.

I went over to my mom and dad's place tonight to visit. It was the first time I've been out of the house since coming home from surgery Saturday. It was so good to be out and about. My family is so proud of how well I am doing. I weighed myself on their scales and OMG! From the morning of surgery to now I am 23 pounds down!!! Mind you, it is on different scales, but dang! 23 pounds in 5 days! HOLY MOLEY! WOOT!

Sounds like you're off to a fantastic start...I am encouraged that you have made good progress post-op. I have concerns about that, and how quickly I will be able to return to exercising. Keep up the great start!

My pre-op appointment is in the morning...I reached my weight goal, at least I did if my scale does not differ more than 9 lbs from the doctor's.

Asthma has still not resolved...I really hope it will not cause yet another delay. Fingers crossed...I have waited an extra 11 months for this appointment!

I am scheduled for Feb. 28th

Good to here you are doing good too! Second day at work today after having surgery on the 9th doing really good except a lot of pressure in my intestines too like there is a battle going on in there. Glad to see someone else had pain in there legs I was thinking that was weird but mine has gone away too so no issue with that. Going to the store now to get some more gas x to see if that helps the stomach it doesn't feel like the band itself but just a combination of the gas and diet. The thing I hate the most is the burps going through the band hoping that is just because of it being new.

Gas X definately saved me, I'm on my last two strips lol. That pain I asked about is a burp trying to get through the band..Ughh, doctor said I will have to re-teach myself to burp, how ladylike lol

You are doing great! That is another reason why I love this support group! It is so nice to hear the positive things that are happening to everyone. And it is nice to hear the discouragement of others also. I know I will have both on my journey. So I know it is normal to have good and bad days, highs and lows. My eye is on the prize though. Keep up the good work!!

weight.png

So today is my last day at home for a while. I travel tomorrow starting at 5 am to get to Mexico, for my surgery the next morning. I slept like crap last night. I hope I sleep better tonight, even if I am getting up at 3:30 am. I think I am getting a little nerveous, it is hard to tell, I am also so excited. I do have my worries though. Like what if the doctor finds some reason not to do the surgery. That is my worst fear. I have lost 12 lbs. So I am good there. I just couldn't bear it if they don't do the surgery. It is all paid for, so I am good there. I don't know I guess I am nerveous. Crap I hate it when negetive thoughts try and seep into my mind. I guess I will try and keep myself busy today. Cleaning and running errands. I paked 2 carry ons for my husband and myself. I don't want to check any luggage. My husband has a broken ankle, and is on crutches. So I know our trip home is going to suck, does he try to push me in a wheelchair or do I push him? Maybe we will take turns...hahahah. We are going to look like a couple of gimps at the airports on the way back. Anyways, I am just typeing out loud. Have a great day everyone. Lots of love. I am sure that I will post more before I leave. (I know I will, I am addicted to you all) God bless-

weight.png

Good luck XTA!! You will do great...have faith and stay strong!!