Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Drinks Or Snacks

I would like to know any good flavored Protein shakes or Snacks that you recommend?

Thanks smile.png

weight.png

I don't do Protein shakes- I prefer a glass of milk, but for a snack I sometimes have hot tea (if I need to watch my calories and don't feel TRULY hungry in my belly) or 5 almonds (if I AM actually hungry). Snacking is against my guidelines, so I try to only do no-calorie beverages between meals. But sometimes it's hard! My gap between lunch and dinner is too long, so some afternoons just call for a snack.

Oh! And I take Gummy Vitamins, so I sometimes use those for my "snack". I keep them on my desk at work and usually end up taking a couple around 3:00. They're great!

There are many different types out there...are you looking for a thinner liquid or do you like thick texture? My go to now is Isopure smoothies which are fruit flavored 180 - 210 calories for 32 grams of Protein. I use powdered flavored protein in milk or coffee...(cool coffee otherwise it clumps!). I also use the high protein low carb Slimfast ready to drink as a change of pace...at our support group meetings sometimes we have tastings so we don't have to buy or get stuck with Proteins we don't like. Good luck.... haven't found a "good" Protein Bar yet but that's me... Linda

I use the Proti Diet protien drinks, they are only 15 grams of Protein, but only 70 calories too, they are sweetened with Sucralose, I can not tolerate aspertame. They come in a lot of fruit flavors and also creamy flavors. For Snacks I use sugar free popsicles Good and very low calorie! Good luck!!

I still occasionally have a whey Protein shake. I use Jay Robb chocolate(tastes so good), with 8 oz. milk 200 calories, 0 carbs, & 32 grams of Protein.< /span>

sometimes I add some plain greek yogurt and fruit(raspberries). even more protein and tastes so good, it is the consistency of a heavy milk shake. I cut the amt. of milk.

this is a great Breakfast on the days I am trying to cut fat and/or carbs.

I never snack in between meals.

I dont use Protein Drinks either i just get all mine from fresh food, if i am hungry in between meals i snack on 3 dried dates or 5 almonds or some 0 fat yoghurt, skimmed milk in coffee are tea also keeps me going too .

Hi:

I like Muscle Milk chocolate (180 calories and 20 grams of protein) for Breakfast. I also make a Protein Shake with whey Protein. I add frozen Blueberries and strawberries to it and sometimes a little avocado. I usually have this after a good workout at the gym.

My doctor does not really approve of Snacks. At my last job however I would have lunch at 12:00 and between my commute and going to the gym I did not get dinner until about 8:00. I would have a Premier ready to drink Protein Shake as my prework out snack.< /p>

like festivus I like the muscle milk. they have a lactose free low fat chocolate shake at wal-mart. i thought it was going to be nasty, but it tastes pretty good. i can drink it room temperature. i was using a strawberry cream powder, but I got over that in a couple of days, but the muscle milk is really tolerable. worth the try. as far as Protein Bars i'll have to let you know about the zone bars that have 210 cal and 15 or 20 grams of Protein per bar, but i do like snackwell Cereal bars 140 cal 8g of protein. they come in chocolate (delicious), cinnamon raisin (delicious) i'm allergic to apples so this was so great to find, and Peanut Butter (i haven't tried).

Hi!! I drink Protein shakes for breakfast every morning and I was getting sick of chocolate. I just found this Protein Powder called nectar and it is really delicious. They have crazy flavors. I started off by buying the variety pack - here'a link to an article i wrote about it on my blog - http://happilyafterlapband.blogspot.com/2012/01/special-delivery.html. I had the strawberry mousse today. It was awesome. (BTW nobody is paying me to write about them ... haha maybe one day... but it's all my own real opinions)

I have been writing a lot lately about different Protein drinks so check that out as well. My husband and I are almost 3 weeks post op and he's lost 36 lbs and I've lost 27! We're so happy with the surgery!

I love the proti 15 drinks and snacks.. my favorite drink is cranberry fusion, it has 15 g prktein 70 calories. Their soy Snacks are good too i lkke sour cream snd onion s well as the bbq. They also have a lot of Protein (15). My doctor sells these in his office for 8$ a box.there are 7 packages in each box.

Hi I like Jillian Michael s chocolate, I mix it with sugar free Almond Milk, Ice and put in my bullet. or I mix the vanilla with Cold coffee and blend. I have for Breakfast or sometimes after the Gym. A good way to up the Protein with out the calories. Many Nutrition prefer you eat mainly real food. But I think their is a place for them in ones plan.