Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Needing Some Support

I am alomost 2 years post band and really have had no problems with the band itself. Last Feb I found out I was pregnant, a complete surprise.

Then on June 16th, at 20 weeks, I delivered my son stillborn. I have been on a downhill slope ever since. I have decided that Im going to go full steam on this weight loss train again and try to pull myself together.

All of this is so hard and I didnt know where else to go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Years

Renee

Ms. Peanut, I am so very sorry. I hope you have talked with someone about your loss, possibly family or a close friend if not a counselor.

I admire your newfound resolve and hope you will keep us updated on your weight loss progress! My consultation with the surgeon is this Friday. I have thought and prayed about lap band for a long time and with my new job and insurance, I am excited to take this step.

Am praying for you!

Hello again, I wanted to tell you sorry for your loss, I had the samething happen to me also,

the first thing you need to do is to give yourselve time to grieve. Second you need to give your body a chance to recover form all the hormones. which usually takes about 2-3months, but what can help is excercise. Sorry again

Renee I'm so sorry about your loss. I wish you love, happiness and success in the new year.

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard that must be. I will be praying for you as well. I wish I could do or say something to lessen your pain. I have not personally had this happen to me, but if you need someone to talk to I will be glad to listen.

Losing a baby is a major life trauma so it is not surprising that your weight loss stalled. You had so much more to deal with at that time. Best wishes as you resume your journey.

Thanks for the kind words.

I managed to not gain any weight during the pregnancy and after I lost my son I still have not gained any.

My total weight loss is 80lbs and Im so happy about that. My goal is another 40-50lbs.

I have talked to some very close friends and my husband has been a trooper. A loss like this is so unimaginable that it is hard to explain. i just feel like I need to pull myself together a little. Like my son would not want me to be unhappy and he would not want me to not live my life.

I am going to do this as much for me as for him in a way. I want him to look down and be proud of a mother who was able to survive and thrive through the worst.

I am going to reach my goals and show my son and my older daughter that just because things get hard, giving up completely isnt the best option.

I am so glad to have a place to go where the struggles of weight loss with emotional pitfalls makes sense and doesnt have to be explained.

Thanks again,

Renee

My thoughts and prayers are with you Renee. I can only imagine your grief. Congratulations on your successful weight loss and if you need any support just

know that there is alot of people here willing to listen. Take care and I hope to talk to you again. Come in the chat room in the evening I'm usually on!!

Renee,

I lost a daughter at age10 in 2003 I can understand your pain. I am proud of you for getting back on the "band"wagon. Please know I am here if you ever want to talk or need someone to just tell you that the "new" you is waiting to get out! I have discovered my new me and now want to see the thinner new me! Jewel says it the best ina song that she hasnt produced "The Shape of You" the lyric says I have a hole in my heart the shape of you, this is true however, you know your son will always be with you!!!

Praying for the Lord to send comfort and strength. I cannot imagine your pain.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been to deal with. I just got banded on the 29th and my husband and I are very much interested in having another baby maybe in the next year or two. Did your band have anything to do with your precious being a stillborn? Have you heard of an increased chance of miscarriages/stillborns with bands?

Every thing in life happens for a reason though some times we do not understand nor should we question God for his decisions. I bet you one thing though, I bet you are a stronger woman now and have a stronger marriage! Look at all of the positives even in the face of trauma and beat it with all your might. I hope you have it in you to stomp this and join us on the band wagon!

My condolences to you as well as an offer to befriend you in our journey!

As far as I know the band did not contribute to my sons passing. It was declared a cord accident as the cord was wrapped around him very tightly. The only issue with the band and pregnancy that I was made aware of is that there is an increase in nausea due to the pressure of the baby pushing up into the stomach as it gets bigger.

Thanks everyone for the support. I know there has to be a reason that my son was taken, havent figured out what it may be but there has to be a reason otherwise it would simply be a waste. I wont let him be a waste for me, he is going to always be there with me.

Ive heard about the Jewel song and can totally understand the lyric. I can honestly say that with the band I had the mindset of the old fat me changing into a thinner new me. Now there is a me before my son and a me after my son. The changes of everything from old to new in both cases is a little daunting.

Thanks again for letting me vent. I feel like in a way Im starting all over because I slipped into so many of my old bad habits.

Gonna start this new year off with a new me continuing to change into a better me!biggrin.gif

Renee