Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Amica- I do need to try some lower calorie options. As to restriction- i have pretty good restriction actually, but ice cream goes right down. I get full, but like with any trigger food that doesn't seem to matter, I eat more anyways. As they say, it was my stomach that was banded, not my head!! Still fighting that.

Otaknam- what do you mean having trouble keeping food down? Are you too tight? That's not good. But otherwise, the scale is a fickle b***h, ya know. Loads of things could affect it- ttotm, too much salt, time of day, the planet's alignment...you know what I mean. So don't stress out about it, you're going in the right direction!

Did good yesterday. I am beyond frustrated with DH (pretty sure today the D does not stand for dear) but did not eat over it even though I REALLY wanted to. Didn't. Yay me :)

Nicki

PS- Horsegirl? Mags? Meredith? More Kymie? Everyone? Bueller? Bueller?

For all you ice cram fiends - I tried the Arctic Zero chocolate Peanut Butter last night and it was really tasty! It's not ice cream, so don't expect the luscious creamy mouth feel of a full fat cream, but if you like frozen yogurt you'll like it! There's a tiny whey Protein aftertaste but it's nothing like what I've experienced with Protein Shakes or bars - even the tastiest ones! It's not cheap, but it may satisfy the craving without the damage AND it's a great way to get in our protein! I wish I had some now instead of this super artificially sweet light yogurt for breakfast!

just do it good for you for not eatting behind the dh,also i eat edys slow churned and only take up 1 cup that is all i know easier said then done but give it a try oh yes onderland 197.5....super excited !!!!! my size 14 are just right a size 12 is my goal so about 20 25 more pounds to go.....also a little worried all of a sudden heartburn like crazy idk had a hiatial hernia repair done along with lapband,have not had heartburn at all untill about a week ago,idk if i should be worried concerned or change my dit ???? also just do it glad everyone was o.k. in the car accident,everyone else great job on weightloss , keep up the great work everyone !!!!!!

Hi All!

Missed you gals and glad you're all still here. I've been busy with my new job and trying to get my groove back here at the house. Just finished my 4th week at work and think the groove is back in place. Not only home here but my eating routine at work was off. On top of that I 'got' my 'phantom period', { I had a total hysterectomy 21 yrs ago but still get my TTOM cravings at the end of the month.

Any Catholics out there can relate to confession with the priest and I'll confess here. Bless me father for I have sinned... I ate 2 large bags of cheez doodles two night in a row for dinner.... hey, they were 2 for $3.00, such a deal! I realized I was doing it and chose not to fight the urges and just go with it. Yes, I payed dearly but that was last month. A new month, a new food confession, NOT! :-)

So, I am back on my go-to foods, Protein bar for Breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, and still working on the dinner thing.

Realized it was time to have another fill since my last one was back in May. She put 2cc's in my band as it seems when they put anymore in, I have to get an unfill. I think it worked as I'm noticing I'm not as hungry, and when eating, only able to consume a few ounces instead of the whole thing! I put on 4lbs within the past few weeks and glad to say, I got on the scale today and am down 5lbs and finally broke the 185 that I've been at since early July. Keeping my fingers crossed to lose more. Now, to get back on the exercising routine. Amazing, how my back and legs feel soo much better and stronger when I work out. Just gave myself time to balance both work and home out after being unemployed for 2 yrs. It's a good thing. :-)

I decided to break my posts in two since I talked so much in the earlier one. Not sure what the difference is but anyway....

Chrissy: congrats to getting into those size 12's. Hope they fit after washing. As I mentioned to you in a message, love your profile photo, you look great and don't worry about the different sizes, as long you look great in the clothes, feel good in your head, and are healthy. that's all that matters for all of us. But I do agree with you, shopping is not as easy as I thought. I'm trying to find the old Meredith and her style. It's very overwhelming to look for clothes but I'm sure we'll get over it!!

JDI: Nicki sorry to hear about your DD's accident but glad to hear she's alright. Hopefully that black cloud has moved on. Keep the energy positive and the negativity at bay..... not always easy to do, trust me.

Otaknam: hope your scale is talking nicely to you these days. Like someone said, it can be a multitude of reasons why it went up like that.

I know we're all busy, but haven't seen NJ2NC on here in weeks in weeks. Hope all is ok with you. I know the other's like Horsegirl, and the like stop in here from time to time but as long as we keep learning from one another, supporting each other on this journey, stay connected, we'll get there and hopefully stay there. I can't say enough about this wonderful January group! Love you guys.

Hi guys just checking in, not much to report as I'm hanging at the 172 mark again where I've been for over a month. I did gain about 5 with the ice cream situation, but it's off now and dang it, I just want to see 169 on the scale! It seems so, so close and yet so far. Keep on truckin' on.

Hi ladies! Checking in quickly, will go into more detail a little later...but I am alive! I've been busy with my horses and working out, enjoying he beautiful weather...and counting calories! Lol! It's paying off and I am finally close to ONEDERLAND! I have 7-8 pounds to go til I'm there, but have passed my plateau between 217-220, and I couldn't be happier! I look forward to working out on my elliptical! Because now it's working! I love my band! I have lost almost 60 lbs and surpassed my surgeons expectations. Most of all, I know that I may screw up along the way, but I will always have my band here to help me get back on track. Now that we are in the cool crisp fall season, I was wondering it anyone has some recipes? I love to cook especially during the fall and winter, and I think a recipe swap could be fun! I have a recipe for a really delicious chili if anyone is interested :)

... I know we're all busy, but haven't seen NJ2NC on here in weeks in weeks. Hope all is ok with you. I know the other's like Horsegirl, and the like stop in here from time to time but as long as we keep learning from one another, supporting each other on this journey, stay connected, we'll get there and hopefully stay there. I can't say enough about this wonderful January group! Love you guys.

Hello I'm still here just lurking in the background lol. I've been wrapped up in so much lately. Even though everyone has been super supportive I've been a bit embarrassed that I'm still at 199 some times it will go to 198 over the last month. I'm not logging my food I know that is mistake #1 but I've been exercising regularly mostly running about 2-3 days a week.. I ran/jogged/walked my very 1st 5k Saturday oct 6th it wasn't a fast run but I did it in 44 minutes. So despite my exercise efforts the scale seem to be stuck!! I don't eat bad foods and I stick to all the dietary no-no's but I don't Portion Control or watch the clock I eat something whenever I'm hungry. I do have that extra tight in the morning and at night syndrome too. I cancelled my last fill in Sept because I was throwing up quite a bit on things I shouldn't be. I didn't want to come here and have a pity party. The funny thing is I'm getting lots of compliments and I've purchased a few LB 14petites straight leg pants (yes I'm short lol) so that helped keep my head out falling into a self-pity mood. So all in all the scale isn't moving but I feel good.

Thanks so much for asking about me that made me feel greet. I ran the 5k yesterday morning and had a very busy day..So I slept in this morning and now I can't sleep now and I'm very happy I started reading the messages. I'll spend some time catching up although I do get to read many of the posts from my phone when I get a chance.

Hi everyone.....we are a BUSY group! But that's a good thing, right? We are all out living our lives...much thinner and dare I say happier than we were last year at this time?

The scale has really slowed down for me but I am trying to be ok with it. I am wearing size 14 Limited dress pants today so I feel pretty good about that. My goal is to be a size 8 or even 6 and I am still at 193 pounds. So I think in the long run it will be doable. Still doing Zumba, boot camp and walking/running whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I just have to think that without the band I would have gained weight this summer and would not be feeling this good about me.

Flew down to Atlanta last week to see my oldest son and it was the first flight since surgery. How awesome was it to have no worries about fitting in the seat and as a bonus, my seat belt had a tail :)

First time EVER for that!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Hi everyone-

ValAnn- good point, I am much thinner and happier than last year- happier with myself. I can't wait to get into size 12's!

NJ2NC, don't not post because you're plateauing or whatever- it's still a process and we still need support! That is awesome about your 5 k! Good for you. Portion Control is a b***h, isn't it, LOL. Slider foods I can eat just like before surgery.

Horsegirl- wtg on progress!! I am hovering near Onederland- probably self-sabotaging if I'm honest.

Meredith- it does take some time to settle into a new routine. As I said to NJ- it's hard when bad slider foods are easy to eat- cheese doodles, ice cream, whatever! I still feel hungry- and not sure if it's head hunger or real hunger.

Ready- I'd check out that heartburn, that can cause problems!

Ladybandido- you'll get there!!! 169 or bust!

my motivation and determination is kind of waning. I'm just kinda losing it. I am exercising, but not as hard core- meaning if I skip a day I don't stress. I'm still exercising 5 days a week usually, though. It's just I lost 80 lbs pretty quickly but still have 70 to go and it's getting harder- more mentally harder if I'm honest. Like every diet, I'm getting tired. But this time I know I can keep off what I have lost, I am exercising and making it part of my life, and I know this is a blip and I am in it for the long haul. Just stressing, ya know? And I firmly believe it's 90% about the food.

I go in to the doc tomorrow- not sure if I need a fill, it's the PA doing the appointment and she's really good to talk with. I'm pretty tight in the AM and do get stuck, but we'll see.

Help me with motivation, girls, I need you!!

Nicki

All right, girls, whazzup? We were almost all the way to the bottom!!!!

I did get a little tweak of a fill yesterday. I asked the PA about my ice cream issue, she said if I could portion it out and eat a reasonable amount counting the calories say once a week, then I could keep it. If it gets out of hand she thought that maybe I just shouldn't do it. I go in spurts- sometimes it's all ice cream all the time, then I get over it for awhile, then go back- so I think we'll keep on trucking with it, and try to reduce the amount. I just don't want to give it up. She also said that this time of year starts the "hard" time of year with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas- the food festivities. I remember this time last year being glad I had my surgery scheduled after the holidays so I could eat all I want. Sigh. But life is for enjoying. I still lost 5 lbs in the last 5 weeks, still on track. I didn't lose last week, but held steady. It is what it is, right? It's a lifetime thing, and I'm definitely not going to be perfect all the time.

So, what's up with everyone? How are you all doing? I know a big part of my success is having people I can talk to who are going through the same things I am, so post so I have support (cause it's all about me, LOL).

Nicki

oh my goodness...I've got a lot of posts to catch up on.

Otaknam...hang in there...it could just be Water retention or something like that. Plus, depends on time of you day you go in as well. I weigh first thing in the morning and always hate going to the doctor in the afternoon because I always weigh more. I hope things are going better since your post about going to the doctor.

JDI....you shouldn't deprive yourself if you are really craving the ice cream...but as with all things....we have to practice moderation. Its still hard for me to get used to that. I'm hurting right now because I had 1/4 cup too much chili...when I should have just stopped spooning it into the bowl...but I LOVE chili! so i understand. It really is a mind game with ourselves! Oh and I hope DD is okay from the accident. Oh and have you tried Frozen greek yogurt? i havent but i've heard others say its really good.

Ready: Yay on the Onderland! That's awesome! Careful with that heartburn. If you haven't already, check with your doctor about that.

Meredith: Thank you! Yes...I'm okay with the sizes as long as the clothes look decent on me. congrats on breaking that plateau too! Keep it up, you can do it!

Ladybandito...I'm with you! I'm trying for 162. so close yet so far away. would love to have it gone by my 9 month bandiversary in exactly two weeks but I doubt that will happen. oh well.

Horsegirl...keep it up girl! I like the idea of a recipe swap! let's do it.

NJ2NC...congrats on that 5k! I did my first one last november and yours is about 10 minutes faster than my time. Its a great accomplishment so make sure you Celebrate that! And remember, sometimes our reward is not on the scale but in how our clothes fit and how others see us. Take those compliments and those better fitting clothes and use them to get you through the days where the scale doesn't tell you anything new.

ValAnn-great NSV! I haven't flown in forever...but I'm sure not worried about it now. :) You are so right. We've all come so far in these past 9 months...even the past year from when we (most likely) made the decision for WLS. I'm so happy I did this and thankful that God made a way for me to have it. I'm so thankful to have made all my new WLS friends too!

Sorry for the long post. Love you all and God bless you abundantly!

ok a while ago I said everytime the scale don't want to move and I come and post about it seem to make the scale move lol, This morning 3lbs less!! maybe its the fact that I'm talking about it, in my mind I know what the problem is then I must unconsciously fix the problem haha.

Thanks for being supportive! JDI said it best.. "I know a big part of my success is having people I can talk to who are going through the same thing.."

I love reading about the accomplishments, ups, downs and struggles and no judgements!

BTW, I think I'll try another 5k November 10th!

-Chrissy have you done any more races since your 1st one??

hey NJ2NC! go for that November 5k! You can do it! To answer your question, yes. My first was last November and I walked most of it. I thought I was going to die by the end of it. But I turned around and did another one in March (and actually jogged a little of it)...yep...less than two months after my LB surgery (does anyone else think its funny that the lap band abbreviation is the same as for "pound"? LOL). The next day, after that 2nd 5k, I did a two mile walk for March of Dimes. I haven't become a runner yet (and don't really plan to, LOL) but I don't mind a good long walk somewhere. I wanted to our local town's 5k Booby Bolt this morning. I love that name, and you can probably guess that its to raise money for breast cancer research & treatment. however, I didn't have the registration money until yesterday so I didn't get up this morning to be there for the 7a registration. I plan to do it next year though. My mom is a BC survivor and I want to do it for her. I'm hoping i can get her to walk it with me. :) Next month is the Mayor's 5k Challenge..2nd annual. Its the one I did last year. This past Thursday, I went out to walk on my lunch hour. I just decided I was going to see how far i could get on the route for that walk. I walked all but 2-tenths of a mile! I'm so ready to do that one again this year! I never thought I'd be saying that. on top of that, when I got on the scale this morning, I've lost a couple more pounds, putting me at 90 total! Yay! I've only got 10 more til my 100 pound goal! I'm trying to do that by 10/25 which would be my 9 month bandiversary. So...liquids, Protein Shakes and extra exercise...here i come! :) I did buy some unflavored Unjury powder yesterday to put in Soup and my SF hawaiian punch drinks. I couldn't taste it my Tomato Soup last night. However, in my diet Snapple half tea/half lemonade, my tea had a milk color to it and it tasted kinda medicine-y. I wondered though if putting it in my blender to mix it, somehow changed the profile of it and gave it that taste. I'm going to get one of those shaker cups with the mixing ball in it and see if that helps. Sorry for rambling again...just so excited. Come on and share some victories Ladies. I don't care if they are scale, NSV, emotional, physical...whatever. let's just share. :) Have a truly blessed day everyone!

Hello everyone!!! I know I have fallen off the radar and the wagon! LOL. but I am doing well. Work has been really difficult and down and out depressing but I surviving! I have still been working out 2-3 times a week and watching what I eat but I have slipped a few times with bakery Cookies. Oh well. The interesting thing is food really doesn't make me feel better like it used to, but I still find myself stopping at the bakery after a bad day and getting a few cookies. They taste great but they no longer have that calming effect they used to but I also don't have the guilt I used to have. I am 193 today and bouncing up and down a few lbs but staying below 200! My goodwill shopping went well. I got a lot of slacks in size 14 and tops in XL-L. But I am having a hard time dressing myself. I wore certain clothes before because they hid my bad spots and I found myself looking at the same styles. I think I might take a skinny friend shopping with me next time. It will be fun to shop together now. Before I hated shopping with anyone not at my weight. I hated that they had to go to stores not for them and wait for me. Now we can shop in the same stores!! It sound like a new fun experience!! It is late and I want to respond to everyone. I will make the time tomorrow! But I must say I love love love all of your updated profile pics!! You all look amazing!!!! We should all update our before and after pics on our profile pages so we can check each other out!!

Live you guys!!