Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Good Morning....

I am stuck at 220 and no mattr what I do I can not get the boat to rock to drop anymore. Real bad month July was I am sure the heat did not help. Lack of walking and way overload on liquids Water that is.. I get stuck now and then and makes a long day when things to not stay down. I learned I can not eat eggs no matter how they are prepared.

I wanted to be down at leaast 5 pounds before my appt on the ^th of Aug. But only down .5 pounds well at least I got the 5 in there. LOL....

Sure wish we had a support team/group in Mankato MN area sure would help me at least. Well will get a fill on Monday and see where I end up for the month of Aug...

I do not know why I beat myself up I started out at 275 now sitting at 220 and keeping if off. It took me many years to gain 75 pounds and only a little over 6 months to take it off. With my lose I guess I can kick myself easier now. Oh well

Glad to see everyone doing so well....

I am done whining now.... Thanks

I have been having the same problem, stuck at 220 for the longest time!!! I dip below, them go back to 220. I have picked up on my exercise and I am hoping to be under 220 soon....but I have been stuck there for a month or more.

Hi everyone- long day today, had to go to another office about 1.5 hours away- then the meeting- then back to my office where I am now to do my actual work, LOL. There was nothing mushy to eat at lunch- we had chick fil a- I had 1/2 wrap (not all of it) and a few nuggies- chewed to oblivion since I had my fill yesterday and really shouldn't have been eating solids yet. I was SO HUNGRY yesterday on my Protein shakes- the PA said I could have a yogurt last night, but still!! I did zumba last night too, and was exhausted with so few calories in me!

I had a good drop this week, down 5.5 lbs but we'll see if it sticks- I may bounce up a smidge since yesterday was so low cal and then WID. Oh well.

Otaknam and Horsegirl- your plateaus will break- it's just a matter of holding on! You're doing it right, so just keep on going. Otaknam, you've lot a LOT of weight, and you're right about the heat wreaking havoc too. I tend to really retain Water when it's so dang humid. And horsegirl, not sure where you started but you're doing great! I too am inspired by new workout wear, especially when it's smaller sizes.

I have gotten so many comments lately about my weight loss. It's so nice to hear! All my hard (and it is freaking hard) work is paying off :)

Have a great rest of the day!!

Nicki

Thanks Nicki :) I started at 262, hovering around 220 right now...lost most of my weight in the first 4 months, last 2 months between heat and being on vacation have taken a toll.

Horsegirl and otakham- I plauteued around 220 for almost two months so very frustrating, but it will pass. Hang in there!

Nicki- Great job on 5.5 lbs! I hope it sticks :)

I lost 3 more pounds this week for a total of 67lbs! I am finally more than half way to my goal of 130lb loss. I have lost 7lbs total in the last two weeks and am well on my way to 100lb loss my birthday in October :) I am just so happy that the extra exercise and being extra careful with my eating is paying off. It is so extemely pleasing to see the scale moving!

I have had lots of great comments lately and that is also really nice. Also, my wedding rings flew off my hand yesterday, good NSV but also scary, I would hate to lose them. What have you all been doing or plan to do when your rings don't fit anymore?

Erica

Hi everyone! I haven't posted much this week, but I've been reading everyone's posts. In regard to the plateaus...I must say...I've had several...and its easy to let it get you down. I'm on a mini-plateau right now. But I have to remind myself (just about every day) how far I've come in such a short amount of time. Last week a found a picture of me from last November. I had just completed walking my first 5k. That was a victorious day for me because I DID IT! And I weighed about 265 at the time. That's a big deal! Now...8 months (ish) later, I've looked at that photo and had a "AHA" moment. I realized that the person in that picture is not who I am anymore...at least not on the outside. I finally am starting to see myself as thin(ner). I'm not completely the same person on the inside either, as I've learned so much about myself (and even other people) in these past six months. I also realized that the photo is significant for another reason. Completing the 5k that day was the moment I truly decided to change me. The next day, I started exploring my options for WLS. So while we're on these plateaus, lets not look at them as "problems". Let's use them as time to reflect on how far we've come and to see how far we are going to go. :) I truly love each one of you and am so proud of what we are doing! Have a blessed day everyone!

Hi everyone!

Erica- I was just talking to DH about the wedding ring thing- I told him I'd need a new one, LOL. I think they sell sizer things at jewelry stores that will help. And congrats to being more than halfway through!! This is not easy, by a long stretch, but certainly worth it.

ChrissyLu- wise words- as I sit here eating my healthy, pre-portioned lunch (that before being banded would NOT have been sufficient) and down over 70 lbs- I am DIFFERENT! And different better- aware of me and my health and willing to do what is needed to change. Before- I knew the theory, I knew what to do and how to do it, but wasn't. NOW- I am!! That is an awesome ah ha moment you have, finishing that 5k!!!

I have had more stress in the last few months than I can shake a stick at- family, financial, work, did I mention family and financial??? And it hasn't mattered. I still count. I still can carve out time to eat right and to exercise. I am NOT perfect, and I never will be. But I strive to be pretty dang good. And it's working. I know for me this band has helped me see the loss and continue to lose and that motivates me. Before, all my trying wasn't getting me any real results, and it would be de-motivating. Now- it's good weight loss, about 2 lbs a week fairly consistently, with some ups and downs- and I see it and I know this band is helping me with this. It really helps me stay motivated!!!

Calling out to everyone!! If you're reading and not posting, just pop in a Hi every now and then, LOL. No matter where you are, if you're losing, gaining, on a plateau, struggling, succeeding- who cares? We're all in this together and can support and encourage each other.

Have a fabulous day!!!

Nicki

Oh, and I'm 5-6 lbs to my halfway point!! I want to lose 154 lbs to get to 130- I've lost 72 or so so far. I hope to see the halfway mark by the end of August!!!!

Hello everyone!! I have not been posting a lot but I have been reading and taking notes!! That is the only way to make sure I write the correct comments to the right people!! LOL!

Lady-I am at the same size as you!! 14-16 depending on the store. How exciting to look in the mirror and see your collarbone!! You stated you wanted to be able to be full at 1/4 cup, but I do not think that is the right amount. At the beginning right after surgery it was 1/4 cup, but as we have healed our stomachs have stretch again. My doctor always asks me if I can eat a full chicken breast in a 20 minute setting and I respond I eat slow so I can eat a full chicken breast (about 1/2 cup) and veggies (1/2 cup or more) in 30 minutes and he was very happy about that. As for being able to eat bread and Pasta, I haven't even tried pasta, rice or soft bread. I have eaten a Panini, extra crispy and felt uncomfortable, like almost stuck. Oh and I am at 3.4cc in a 10cc band and I am not tight in the morning yet. I think you might be close to your "sweet spot" maybe just a .2cc away!!

Horsegirl and Otaknam-I was stuck at 220 for awhile and it took over a month to kick that plateau, but it happened very suddenly!! Good luck! Also I was told by my doctor that the weightloss will slow down quite a bit after the first 6 mths, the body looses a lot when it has a lot to loose and looses a little when it has a little to loose. I know it sucks, but we have all lost a lot, more than any diet we have ever been on!! I keep reminding myself I know it will take over a year to hit my goal weight so why am I rushing myself!!! And I hear all of you on the Water retention!!! I can't wait for Fall to get here so I can see the scale go down a little faster!

Horsegirl- congrats on the new workout clothes!! That was one of my favorite NSV when my XL workout clothes were loose!! I now love shopping for workout clothes now since I can get them from anywhere instead of having to order online and hope for the best! I love to shop too!!!

JDI-Don't beat yourself up for eating solids during your liquid/mush stage, I've done it too! This time I am trying to be good, but I too am hungry!! I was wondering, did you get stuck at all?? To me it is kind of a test to see if the fill did any good. You should be so proud of yourself to handle all of the stress and still loose!! In the past stress would cause us to binge, now we just have a cookie, enjoy it and move on! Go us!!! I can't believe you are down 72lbs that is amazing!!! I am looking forward to my 71lbs lost putting me for the first time in 16 years below 200!!!

Erica-you made me realize I am over my halfway point too! I didn't even think of it that way!! I was spending all of my energy trying to get to Onederland that I did not thing about my 1/2 way point!!! I have lost 53% of my goal loss!!! Thanks for helping me see the good in what I have accomplished!!

Chrissy-you are so right about comparing our self to what we looked like last year! My sister took a picture of me while on vacation and it is now my FB profile pic and everyone is complementing me on how good I look, so I looked at all of my previous profile pics and I totally see the difference. I also looked at my drivers license and I am totally getting a new one!! Again congrats on the Onelander and 75lbs!!!

Now for my update! I got .2cc on Thursday and I am suppose to do 2 days liquids and 2 days mushies, and I am starving!! This time I am sticking to it though I would like the liquid loss!! So far I am doing pretty good on my new goals, except the exercise this week, but that is due to being on vacation, so I will start again next week which is tomorrow!!LOL. I think we should repost our goals and stated how we are doing on them at least once a week. I will try to post mine on Saturdays!! That way we can be reminded of each others goals!!

Have a good week everyone and look at some old pics to give you some NSV!! Don't forget to look at your drivers license too!!

My Goals:

1. workout 5 days a week GOAL NOT MET THIS WEEK, BUT STILL OK

2. log food 6 out of 7 days GOAL MET!!! YEAH ME!!

3. check in with January Bandsters everyday and replied most days. GOAL MET THIS WEEK!!

Anyone who loves Eddie Bauer they have discontinued chinos on clearance for $19.99!! I just ordered 5 pair in a size 12 as my goal pants for the fall/winter!!!

Hello! I have size 18-20 chinos for Eddie Bauer & Coldwater Creek. The 20's feel more like 18's since the are an older style but the are wrinkle resistant. If you need then email me at nicoleabright1@gmail.com and I will ship them to you for free! I might have some tops too but most of the I have taken in on the sides so the still fit.

Have a good day everyone!!

My Goals:

1. workout 5 days a week GOAL NOT MET THIS WEEK, BUT STILL OK...I only did 4 days last week. (thanks TTOTM)

2. log food 6 out of 7 days GOAL MET!!! YEAH ME! I'm pretty sure I met this one.

3. check in with January Bandsters everyday and replied most days. GOAL MET THIS WEEK!! I don't think I did to well on this one. it was a crazy week last week. However, despite the fact that it was TTOTM (geez it gets a week earlier every month. ugh!) I still lost and am now at 78lbs. Yay!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Trying to psych myself up for a one-day trip to Holiday World on Thursday!

Those are my comments in blue on the quote of Nicole1's post.

Hi everyone! Sorry to be quiet on the weekend, was busy busy! Had a great zumba class on Saturday and bought new workout shoes- it was our tax-free weekend, and I had a 20% off coupon at Kohls, and I really needed new shoes!! That was fun.

I honestly can't remember what my goals are!! I know I want to be 207 (half way thru my weight loss goal) by August 30. I'm at 211.5 right now, but think that will go up to about 213 this week- last week was a 5.5 lb weight loss, so even if I'm up to 213 that will still be a 2 lb average. We'll see what Wednesday brings.

Nicole- yay for the fill-that is pretty hardcore, 2 days liquid and 2 mushies!! Mine only has me do liquids for the same day as the fill, then mushies one day after. Well, to each his own! That is why I had such a big loss last week, that liquid/mushy stage. And your profile picture is GREAT!!!

Chrissy- yay for 78 lbs gone forever!! And losing while ttotm, that is awesome :)

So I did my 50 minute Firm tape this morning, and have eaten my on-plan Breakfast and lunch. I do feel this last fill, really having to eat small bites and watch the speed that I eat, for sure!! I am not sure about being totally in the green zone, though. My next fill is the beginning of September- I did it for 5 weeks out instead of 4, but might move it up a week, depending on how I'm feeling.

Back to work for me!!

Nicki