Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

I love the EAS Carb Control drinks - Rich Dark Fudge is awesome. They have vanilla, strawberry and milk chocolate also. Walmart sells them for $4.74 for a 4 pack. I have one for Breakfast with a piece of WW string cheese everyday - 160 calorie breakfast. Love it!

One time at Band Camp.....lol

Where is everybody at? It's so quiet in here... echo, echo echo

OK, enough of that - wanted to share another NSV this week, being that I received three unsolicited sincere compliments about looking like I've "lost alot of weight and really slimming down" - one each day since Monday. Just a reminder that NO ONE knows that I had WLS. Hoping tomorrow is even better as I am going to see a friend that I haven't seen in 30 lbs. - lol. Again, since my weight loss has been considerably slower than most everyone else, I was really needing that motivation. I actually worked out till after midnight last night and got up at 7am and worked out again. My mind is finally where it needs to be in this journey.

My husband and I went for our fills today, his 4th and my 3rd. I am real excited to be on this journey with him, he has lost 37 lbs so far and I have lost 36 lbs. I am proud of the 36 lbs, there are times I get discouraged because I don’t feel that I am losing as fast as I should, but then think about how the weight was not put on overnight, so it will not come off overnight.

While at the doctor’s office, they told me that my port has ‘flipped sideways’, but they were able to do the fill. I guess this is something we will have to watch to make sure it does not flip completely over.

Hello everyone. I have been reading when I get a chance, I haven't really got online much lately.

Savanah- Bravo to you for being so honest! I am right there with you about wanting to push things. I ate 3 chicken wings the other day and decided I could eat one more, I regreted that decision later, ugh! Congrats on the 5 pounds, that is awesome! Sounds like you are working the band now.

jlhale- Good luck with the port, I am glad they could still fill it for you. My port flipped completely over and I had to have surgery again, I hope yours stays ok.

Chrissy- I love that you love shopping for sales, I do to. I wish I had a sears outlet near me. Enjoy your khakis.

Justdoit- Did you enjoy your time with your family? How was the real bathing suit?

As for me- I have decided this week to try to eat less and only weigh myself once a week to give it time to work. Not weighing myself has been so hard, I was weighing everyday. I was seeing so much up and down, it was discouraging. Even though my weight loss has slowed, I am still noticing clothes that are getting too big. I went a bought a new bathing suit and we went to the lake. It felt great to be able to pull myself up onto the boat and the tube, I wasn't able to do that last year. I remember feeling like a whale last year, it makes me sad to think of that, I am glad that old me is gone. I also had another good NSV, at work someone said,"Man you are getting really skinny." I need to learn to say thank you, my usual response is, "Thanks, but I still have a lot to go." I should say thanks and enjoy the moment.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi everyone- I wasn't able to get on the site at all yesterday! I missed all y'all (that's plural in the South for y'all).

Chrissy- yay on the new summer bottoms! I think the closest Sears outlet to me is about 45 min-1 hour away. I'll have to check again!!

Meredith-How's the yard coming? If you'd like to come help me with my yard, I'm all for it!! LOL. I totally have tons of stuff I need to do- slow but sure. I just got my big patio poured and my driveway widened.

Kflower- I tried the muscle milk light and absolutely hated it!! I use the Unjury Protein powder- chocolate splendor and vanilla. I mix the vanilla with trop 50 orange juice and strawberries, love it.

Savannah- I might try those EAS shakes, I have heard they are pretty good and it would be nice to have something already made sometimes. Also congrats on the NSVs! No one but my immediate family knows I had WLS either, so it's nice to get positive comments. And slow and steady will win this race for sure!!

Rhale- hm, was your doctor concerned about the sideways port? Do you know why it happened? Good thing they could still do the fill!! And like I said to Savannah- slow is good, I look at it as it's way better than gaining, which is what I was doing!!

Erica- I really felt it when I overate last Sunday- it wasn't even fun, which is a good thing! We go to the beach tonight, so I'll post from there to let you know! I tried on the swimsuit for fun last night though :). I weigh in every day but only count the weight on Wednesday. I know thought that I may get obsessive about it, and may have to revisit how much I weigh.

I was down another 2.5 lbs yesterday, WID, yay! My elliptical needs a new wheel, so I walked outside yesterday, which was nice, up and down hills. It was a nice change of pace!

Everyone have a great day, I'll update from the beach!

Yeah - so nice to see everyone online today!

Hi Everyone! Hope all is well with y'all! I'm a southern wannabe, JDI!

Hope you're having a nice time at the beach and the weather is good for you. I live at the beach all year round here in NJ.

So, to answer your queston, JDI about me gardening, I took a break what with the rainy weather we've been having. Finally today, I got back out there for four hours tilling, planting and mulching. Why I'm writing, I am a pound away from losing 45lbs {yeah}. I bought 4 bags of mulch and carried them out to my car and then into the back yard. I wondered how much one weighed let alone 4, and found out one bag weighs 40lbs!!! I know someone mentioned on here awhile back, each 5lbs you lose, that relates to 5lb bags each of potatoes, etc. I was amazed at how heavy it was. No wonder why I had so much problems with my knees, back, legs, etc carrying around almost "2 bags of mulch" the past few years. Reminds me when Oprah lost all that weight and carried out all the fat in the wagon!!! LOL

These days I don't mind carrying a bag of mulch or two,but now only from the car to the yard. :-)

Meredith...come on down to the south! You'll love it here. :) Friends...today, I arrived in Onederland! Just barely...but I'm there! Yay!!!

Onederland Pic

Chrissy - congratulations!! I saw your wall post earlier. That is awesome - so proud of you! I can't wait to get there too!

Thanks Savannah! and don't worry...you'll get there! Now...if I can just stay here in Onederland for a while! LOL

Hi everyone! Checking in from the beach! Had a really late dinner out- really had to work on eating slowly, as I kind of had a mini (thankfully) stuck episode, which passed quickly (also thankfully!). Tomorrow I'm going to the little clubhouse they have and use the elliptical. Also more beach!

ChrissyLu, that is FABULOUS!!! Onederland!!! Congratulations!!!

I'll check in some time tomorrow.

I am still alive and well! I got extremely sick with Bronchitis and a sinus infection was just miserable for about 2 weeks, then the end of the school year happened and I was really busy. Today is my 1st day off an I just finish reading 98 entries!! So I will write more tomorrow!! I have miss everyone and I am so proud of all of you progress!!

Ok, so I have returned to give you an update of my life. My 3rd fill was on 5/17 and was .7cc, which I had to beg for the extra .2cc. I was 212lbs at that time. Once I was off the liquids and puree I did not notice any difference really in my restriction, but I did feel full faster. I can still eat a typical breakfast and was told by my PA that the "sweet spot" is when it is hard to eat breakfast, so I guess I am not there yet. When I got sick I didn't workout for 2 weeks, or track my eating or anything really. I was in survival mode. Once I got better it was time to cram all of my work in before school got out. I am proud of myself for surviving the end of the school year without a big binge like I normally do. Typically the end of the year I have a lot of reports to write and I get very anxious so I use chocolate to get through it. I would put a king size bag of Hershey Kisses in my desk at work and one in my desk at home and every time I started to feel anxious or mentally blocked I would suck down a ton of them and I would feel better. This year I went for a walk or just too a break, duh!! It worked just as well as the chocolate used to.

Last week I got really serious about exercising again and worked out 4 days!! I did not log anything, but I'll get there.

So it has been 4 weeks since my last fill and I am at 209lbs, so a little disappointment, but I didn't gain!!! I have my 4th fill tomorrow and hope I can talk them into a full cc. So I vow today that I will start to log my food and water!! Yes my Water has been low, low, low!! Now that I am back online I feel like you guys will hold me accountable and I think I need that little extra support to get started on the right track.

Wow! I have missed you guys!!!

I will post tomorrow after my fill appt.

Chrissy- Congrats on onederland, that is awesome!

Nicole- Good luck at your appt tomorrow, I hope they give you a larger fill. I am glad you are feeling better. Good job with the not binging with the stress, you are on track! Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Just do it- I hope you are having fun at the beach, I go in three weeks and can't wait!

As for me- I was down 3 pounds last week which brings me to 57 pounds lost. I am going to keep tracking my food and exercise and hope for another 3 pound loss this week, I would love to get to 60lbs gone. These last 10 pounds have been so tough, but I am pushing through.

Hi everyone! I survived!!! Yesterday before we left for home I took the kids to the neighborhood pool, and they were doing a Water aerobics class- which I joined in. It was fun! Then I had a bit of a food melt down last night, but when I stood on the scale I show a little loss- if I can hold on to that 1.5 lbs til tomorrow, I'll have met my 60 lbs by my birthday goal a little early! Yay!

Nicole- good for you taking a break or a walk instead of scarfing down chocolate! And 209 puts you at a 3 lb loss, nothing to sneeze at for sure! Hope you get your full cc today. My next fill is in a couple weeks, I can't wait!

Erica- which beach do you go to? I was at Sunset Beach in NC. My parents live there and my aunt and uncle own a condo they let us use if they're not there. I love it, so much fun- just use sunscreen!!!

Meredith- that was funny, carrying the mulch and realizing how much you've lost! I always compare it to sticks of butter- so far I've lost almost 240 sticks of butter, LOL!!!

Well, my first day back at work after vacation, let's see what I have to deal with!!!

Nicki