Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

So I changed things up and it worked!! I did 1400 cal. on the day i workout and then 1200 cal on the days I don't workout & I am finally moving down on the scale. From 218 to 214!! I also increased my intensity on the elliptical by making my heart rate go up on average 5 pts. It was hard to maintain but I did it! I hope it keeps going down. I did not like the yo-yo!!

Hi everyone! Haven't been on in a couple of days...busy weekend and then work yesterday. I can tell I've missed you all too. I haven't been doing so well the past few days. I can't seem to get past that 46 to 47 lb mark...and my doc didn't give me a fill last week at my 3-month check-up. He evidently thinks I'm in the green zone. However, I think I'm going to try Nicole's idea above. I had not thought about changing the calories up depending on whether I'm exercising or not. I have gone up some than when I first started, but alternating is a good idea. Great job Nicole! Hope things are going well for you! And for the rest as well. Have a great Tuesday!

11 pounds! Good job! I still have not had a fill surgery was 1/19. My first fill will be on 1/17. I am sure that my Dr. will not be pleased. I have lost 21pounds since surgery, but surgery was 4 months ago. I think the 11 pounds is great! Don't let anyone dictate how you feel about your progress. It is only you that will find what drives you in this battle and if something makes you feel good about yourself (ie. lost 11 pounds) that is what will keep you going! Insist on the information. This is your journey...not theirs!

Hi All. Looks like we all had a busy weekend. It's that time of the year. Congrats to you Nicloe for thinking out of the box and mixing up your workout and calories. Being in medicine, I've always learned "medicine is not an exact science" and neither are our bodies when it comes to losing weight especially with having the lapband! As long as we keep on trying.

Speaking of which, I lost my mojo this past week and haven't exercised all week. I still watched what I ate, was working around the house and backyard but was also busy with doctor appts, etc. and just couldn't find the time to do it. I'm working myself up to working out this morning, put my workout clothes on after getting up, had my cup of coffee, and still haven't had the energy to workout. It's rainy and cold here and I just don't feel like doing it! And that's my story!

Meredith- Sounds like it's time for a BIDIA workout- but I did it anyway! I read someone's tagline on a signature once that said something like, "I swear your inspiration is 6 minutes into your next workout!" You can do it, it will be a great workout!

JDI130...you beat me to it! And I had to have a BIDIA workout this morning myself!

Ok so Jazzercises is not for me. I tried it twice and I am just not coordinated enough. The lady kept yelling "Keep your arms moving" All I could think was pick one my arms or my feet, but not both!! I am still doing the circuit training twice a week and elliptical 1 to 2 times a week, but I would like to do something different. I am thinking of a step class, I think I can handle up and down!! LOL!!

I have a question, when you enter your workout (how ever you are recording it) does it give you more calories to consume? for example if I allow myself 1300 calories and enter into myfitnesspal a 90 min. workout it gives me 400 calories more to eat. That sounded lame to me so I changed it to zero calories. I kind of felt it was giving me an excuse to eat more. So I count the calories I have eaten and do not take into account how many I have burned, I don't need any permission to eat more or I will!!

Good Luck everyone!! Off to circuit training!!

I know what you mean, Nicole- I just pretend it didn't subtract out the calories I burned, so I look at the total calories eaten still, not the calories after working out.

I'm down 1.5 lbs this week. Okay, was hoping for more- but isn't that silly? 1-2 lbs is a good steady loss, and I have been losing that and more for 3+ months! So I am NOT disappointed!! I am happy! I have lost almost 50 lbs!!

What is your next reward? Mine is a pedicure when I lose 50 pounds. I have 4.5 pounds more to go til my reward.

How are you rewarding yourself???

Oh I had a great sweaty zumba workout! Nicole, good for you for trying Jazzercise, I really like step aerobics too, it's an awesome workout!!

Double post, sorry!!

My next goal is to get as close to 200 by 6/13. My daughters graduation. Then buy a pretty dress to look nice for her. I have always felt like an embarrassment to her even though she never said anything so I want to look good at her graduation. I will have a larger variety of dresses to choose from since I will be in the 14-16 size range!! Love shopping!!

okay peeps...I FINALLY lost another pound. Man, I wish the doc had given me a fill last week. However, on an NSV note: yesterday was 'free item of apparel day" at Sears Outlet stores. So, after work I took my little coupon and went shopping for some slacks. I have ONE pair of slacks that fit. So, I go in looking for 20s but I only find one pair so I pick up some 18Ws. Lo and behold, the 20 was a bit too big and the 18W pair fits! A size smaller than I expected...woo-hoo! So I picked out a white shirt and since the pants were $10 and then 75% off, I used the shirt as my free item and only paid $2.50 for the pants. My whole outfit, tax and all, was only $2.73!! Hopefully I'll have a pic to post later. I have some but I don't really like them. LOL. Have a great day everyone!

I had a wonderful surprise..first, I have a very very old scale thats questionable for accuracy so I try not to get on lol i really need to make time to get another one. However its been consistently bouncing between 213-214 for the last couple weeks. Well last night I went to a meeting - a very cool program between the bariatric department of our hospital and the University of NC kinesiology dept, called Bariatric Exercise & Life Transformation 12 weeks program) OK, back to my surprise. At 8:15pm last night when I stepped on the scale at the meeting it was at 209 I couldn't believe it. They weigh you twice for accuracy and their it was again 209... wow was i surprised.

Time to get a new scale at home I think!

NJ2NC- awesome!! Close to Onederland!!!!

ChrissyLu- you are totally a shopping guru!! Congrats on a smaller size than you even expected!

I have on really big pants today, LOL. Unfortunately, though I have lots of sizes in my closet, I don't have lots of work clothes- my old job I could wear jeans and t-shirts- this job I have to wear dressier clothes. I hope the Goodwills here have stuff!!!

NJ2NC- That had to be an awesome surprise for you.

ChrissyLu- Can't wait to see a picture of you in your new outfit. I have a good friend who does well with coupons, sales and such, like you. I am so bad when it comes to sales and coupons and getting good deals. Since most of my weight is in my bottom, if I find a pr of slacks/jeans that fit, I just buy them no matter how much they are. Hopefully, the smaller I get, I'll be able to get better deals in places like Marshall's and TJMaXX where I always seem to find a better selection of clothes in smaller sizes but could never wear.

JDI130: Good luck finding those smaller size dress slacks for a good price.