Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

I had my unfill today. He took out 0.5cc and so far so good. I am on liquids for 2 days again. What a relief to be able to drink a Protein Shake without pain! If this happens again, I definately wont wait to get the unfill. It was unbearable, the only good thing was that I lost 7lbs in a week. That is definately not the way I want to do it though!

NJ2NC--congrats on the ring!! when i went in for surgery, i could not get my engagement ring off...i tried everything. they got it off in the OR, but i still dont know how, and they wouldnt tell me! im convinced they cut off my finger and sewed it back on!!!! now, i can take it on and off with no problem at all...yay for us! getting stuck is NOT fun, i hear you on that...def makes you think twice before consuming an offending food item! isnt it crazy how you totally lose appeal for food you were just eating bc it is stuck?!

JustDoIt--i think its great that you have a goal to be a zumba instructor! i am going to get my riding instructors license, but like you, i will want to me a little more trim to actually give lessons...i am just starting to feel better about riding my horse, and i bet he feels better too! ;-)

N2Animals and Meredith--glad you are both doing better after your unfills!! slow and steady wins the race!

shonda--dont be discouraged, we have ALL been at a place where we feel like what we're doing isnt good enough, thats why we have each other...when I want to eatt bad or more than I know i need to or should, i think about my support system here, all my ladies that keep me going, through the good and the bad!

ChrissyLu-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I believe my goal for your bday was to be under 230, which at the time was 4 lbs for me....I am happy to report that this morning I weighed in at 228! I love the idea of birthday goals! Who's bday is next? Mine is in December...so at that point we will be approaching our one year bandiversaries!...and I can only imagine how long this thread will be!

my 3 month bandiversary is next monday, 34 lbs in 3 months, not bad at all! my band has definitely "loosened" up since my fill 2 weeks ago...the NP had me make an appt for 4 weeks, but told me if i was doing ok at that point, maybe push it to 6 weeks....one of my biggest goals is to be in onederland by the 4th of july....which brings me to my location...im from a small town in the smallest state--Rhode Island! our town has the longest running 4th of july parade in the country, and its a HUGE deal around here....there is an entire 2 weeks of activities leading up to the parade, then at the parade you see everyone and their mother! thus, my reason for wanting to be in onderland! i really hope i can do it!

Also, can I just say, we are the only monthly group at the top of the introductions, we are a HOT topic, and we have over 500 replies! WE ROCK!!! :D

I had my unfill today. He took out 0.5cc and so far so good. I am on liquids for 2 days again. What a relief to be able to drink a Protein Shake without pain! If this happens again, I definately wont wait to get the unfill. It was unbearable, the only good thing was that I lost 7lbs in a week. That is definately not the way I want to do it though!

N2, Glad to hear you finally got relief. Know the feeling. Not a good few days for the two of us but a sesson well learned.

NJ2NC--congrats on the ring!! when i went in for surgery, i could not get my engagement ring off...i tried everything. they got it off in the OR, but i still dont know how, and they wouldnt tell me! im convinced they cut off my finger and sewed it back on!!!! now, i can take it on and off with no problem at all...yay for us! getting stuck is NOT fun, i hear you on that...def makes you think twice before consuming an offending food item! isnt it crazy how you totally lose appeal for food you were just eating bc it is stuck?!

JustDoIt--i think its great that you have a goal to be a zumba instructor! i am going to get my riding instructors license, but like you, i will want to me a little more trim to actually give lessons...i am just starting to feel better about riding my horse, and i bet he feels better too! ;-)

N2Animals and Meredith--glad you are both doing better after your unfills!! slow and steady wins the race!

shonda--dont be discouraged, we have ALL been at a place where we feel like what we're doing isnt good enough, thats why we have each other...when I want to eatt bad or more than I know i need to or should, i think about my support system here, all my ladies that keep me going, through the good and the bad!

ChrissyLu-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I believe my goal for your bday was to be under 230, which at the time was 4 lbs for me....I am happy to report that this morning I weighed in at 228! I love the idea of birthday goals! Who's bday is next? Mine is in December...so at that point we will be approaching our one year bandiversaries!...and I can only imagine how long this thread will be!

my 3 month bandiversary is next monday, 34 lbs in 3 months, not bad at all! my band has definitely "loosened" up since my fill 2 weeks ago...the NP had me make an appt for 4 weeks, but told me if i was doing ok at that point, maybe push it to 6 weeks....one of my biggest goals is to be in onederland by the 4th of july....which brings me to my location...im from a small town in the smallest state--Rhode Island! our town has the longest running 4th of july parade in the country, and its a HUGE deal around here....there is an entire 2 weeks of activities leading up to the parade, then at the parade you see everyone and their mother! thus, my reason for wanting to be in onderland! i really hope i can do it!

I have all the faith in you, Elizabeth to get to your goal by July. And even if you don't quite make onederland, but very close to it, they'll never know the number on your scale, they'll only see a much thinner version of yourself from when they saw you last 4th of July celebration.

I have all the faith in you, Elizabeth to get to your goal by July. And even if you don't quite make onederland, but very close to it, they'll never know the number on your scale, they'll only see a much thinner version of yourself from when they saw you last 4th of July celebration.

TRUE!!!! this is why I love you ladies!!!!!! <333333

Wow! I wish I could see all the comments and reply to everyone individually. First, I'll just say how proud I am of all of us! Even on the bad days, we are hanging in there, jumping right back in the saddle if we happen to fall off. And I love seeing everyone rejoice over others' accomplishments. Its just awesome. So...pat yourselves on the back and give yourselves a big hug from me...You are wonderful! Thank you all for the birthday wishes and congrats on joining me in meeting birthday goals. Yay Us! I had my 3-month check-up today. Dr. Morton was very pleased with the progress, how much I eat and how much exercise I'm getting. Wish you could have seen his face when I told him I did a 5k and a 2mile walk over the weekend...he even bragged to the nurse when she walked in. LOL. And I got one last birthday present last from the scale (and confirmed by the doc's office today)...down another pound for a total of 46! I am now in the mid 2-teens. LOL. Just 17 more pounds to onderland!!

Hi everyone! I had a meeting luncheon today- luckily they had salmon, I had a little of that, a little piece of chicken and some salad. Hard to guesstimate calories!

Elizabeth, you'll get there!!!

My birthday is in July- do we have anyone in May or June? I had a goal to lose 50 lbs by my b-day of the 4th, but that's only 6 lbs, so I think I'll shoot for 55 lbs gone by my birthday.

Bunches to do at work, kid dentist appt in 2 hours, gotta go work, LOL!

My 37th birthday is June 1st....now I Need a good goal

Okay, Kymie it is- that will give us a goal to get to in a little over a month. I want to be 231 by June 1. That is my goal!!!That is 10 lbs from now, and I've been spending about 4 weeks per "decade."

I started a little note on my notepad app to keep track of my goals for this group so I don't have to go find things back in the thread, LOL.

ChrissyLu- awesome NSV and SV's at the doctor!!!!

Ok!! June 1st sounds great! I'm 228 right now, I would like to be...218 by then....to get there I am going to work on exercising more, getting my Water, and eating more Protein. If I meet that goal early, I would LOVE to be 214 by June 1st...which would mean I lost 14 lbs in may, and would need to lose 14 more for my goal of onederland for July 4th....too many goals wrapped into one?? Maybe! Short term is 10 lbs by June 1st!

Ok I'm 309 and by June 1st I want to lose 15

I would like to enter onderland by June 1. I'm 212 now. 13 pounds seems like hard work since i've only been averaging about 1 to 1.5 per week...but I'm up for the challenge. Let's do this!!!

I forgot to add that my doc must feel like i'm in the green zone, because he didn't want to do a fill. As for June 1st goals...I want to be in Onderland! Just 17 pounds. I can do that in 5 weeks, right? ;) Good luck everyone!

Count me in too! I have two more pounds to onederland so I'm going to play it safe and go with another 10lbs until June 1st. At this very moment I am concentrating eating a very rare hamburger slider from Trader Joe's. My first solid in a week since my fill fiasco last Thursday night and unfill Tuesday. Chew chew chew....mmmm, it's so good. My hubby goes for his 1st fill tonight and I didn't think it would be right for me to eat in front of him when he comes home.