Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

N2animals, can't u call your doctor and tell them its an emergency??? You sound miserable! My doc always says to call right away if I have issues- if u don't go til Wednesday that will be a week!!! Call them!!

Kymie, we have the same size band. My fill took me to 8 cc. I don't feel any change yet, maybe tomorrow. Can u describe what it feels like so I have an idea?

On liquids today, I hope lipton noodle Soup counts as a liquid!!

I did call the doctor, he is in surgery all day today and I was out of town yesterday. I cant wait till my appointment tomorrow. I thought it would get better, unfortunately it has progressively gotten worse. I am surprised I am not dehydrated and still have any energy!

Oh, by the way I am from Valley Village/North Hollywood area of California. Anyone else on here nearby?

OMG.. My first real 'stuck' I promise to chew chew chew and chew some more! That hurt!! And kept on hurting until I was able to finally bring it back up and Yuck thick mucus .. Never want to do that again.. Scared my 9yr old to death she thought I was going to pass out, poor baby! Now my chest is sore.

NJ2NC-same thing happended to me last week! Boy, that feeling will stay with ya for a while, won't it? I totally understand as I had never had a stuck episode so bad that I actually PB'ed! Gross! Thank heavens I was home and not at work. I see how you can get into the habit of PBing every time something gets stuck as it is immediate relief. However, not good at all for the band. But this time I really felt like I had no control over it and up it came. Gross!

Be careful today and maybe even do liquids for most of your meals. I found that I felt really irratated in my throat and even kind of an upset stomach. Also my chest was sore on the right side as well for a few hours afterwards. I ended up feeling so bad that I just went to bed early that evening. Hope you're feeling better now :unsure:

My husband commented to me afterwards that I always have to learn things the hard way. LOL...yep! Lesson learned! Chewing is definitely my friend as are little bites of food!

BTW, Cincinnati area here!

ValAnn, Thanks and yes my chest feels very sore this morning, throat feels ok. yes, PB'ing provided immediate relief thank goodness!

I was able to successfully eat scrambled eggs this morning.. funny I felt a strange need to chew them to oblivion haha. My husband said almost the same thing to me.. he said, hmm I'll bet you learned to chew slower, you always have to push the limits dont you..lol.

Thanks for the advice I do have some Soup here at work I think I will stick to Protein Shakes and soup today.

N2animals- I hope you get unfilled today!!! I'm from North Carolina.

Shonda- don't be disgusted with yourself and I'd strongly suggest that you not stop going for fills, either. Those are what will get you to the spot where it isn't so much you and your willpower, but the band actually can do what it is designed to do- assist with your weight loss! Really it is a process, so don't stress out- and don't beat yourself up about it. Just commit. Are you tracking your food? Exercising? Really look at yourself and be honest with yourself and it will happen.

NJ2NC- glad you're okay! I'm definitely not looking forward to learning that lesson!!

Meredith, glad you're okay!

I have not really felt much different with this last fill, but that's okay. Lost 1.5 lbs, which I'll take gladly after a much bigger loss last week! I met with the nutritionist this morning- she said I should stay around 1200 calories, and add in some weight training. So things to shoot for! She told me that to get to a BMI of 25 I would weigh around 141 lbs- I'm shooting for 130, but good to know where I"ll be in the "normal" range.

I'll check back later!

To all above, glad to hear we're back in the saddle so to speak, and feeling better. I know I am.

Shonda: I agree with JDI130, don't give up! Have you spoken to your surgeon, nutritionist, support group? Finding LBT for me has been a wonderful wealth of information from all those around the world who are contributing their experience being banded. I never journaled before on any diet, even WW because I thought I knew it all. Guess what, I didn't!

Having so many choices online to choose from, to journaling, pedometers, HRM, etc.makes me accountable for all I ate or did in one day. Love seeing the progress it shows on a daily basis, especially seeing the weight graphs going down, down, down. I love to journal now on MFP and wearing my FitBit. If I forget to wear the fitbit for some reason, and run to the store or an errand, I feel I cheated myself, as I need to see the calories I've burned. Granted, I've burned them but it doesn't show in black and white. That's just me. Don't give up, you've come too far. We're all here for you for support.

Shonda...do not give up. I agree with the others. Talk to your dietician and/or your doctor....but please do not give up. We are all pulling for you!!

To my 3-wk challenge buddies...I know we've posted how our challenges have gone but let's recap. My goal 3 weeks ago was to hit 43lbs lost by my birthday (which is today). Well, just to recap, I hit that goal last week and decided to shoot for 45 by the bday. Managed that on Sunday morning. Haven't lost any more than that this week but I have gotten to the gym everyday this week so far, I've been getting in all my Water and doing well on my protein/carb intake. How about you? Recap time...go!

I also just realized that today is my 3-month bandiversary too! Birthday and Bandiversary...I think this calls for a celebration! LOL!

ChrissyLu- Celebrate with a Protein shake!!! Happy happy healthy birthday!!!

Recap- I honestly don't remember what my 5 lbs was- I know I surpassed it though. WID was 240 today!

Meredith- can I get your take on the fitbit? Is it really just a good pedometer, or will it count the calories I burn by doing Zumba, etc- and if it counts all calories through the day how would I know what I was burning just for a specific activity (I hope that makes sense). I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm really sedentary during the day with no real way to increase it, but do my elliptical and zumba- so don't really want "just" a pedometer- I just want to know what you use it for and how you like it- also the Amazon reviews have talked about some issues with the durability of it- what do you think?

Nikki

JDI...I celebrated with a small light mocha frappucino. oops. Calories and fat grams...not too bad. Carbs on the other hand...SHEW!!! oh well. its my bday. LOL. I'll work it off at the gym. :) That's the only BAD thing I've had today so I guess i'm doing okay. Yay for WID!!!

Recap-I believe I missed it by 1 pound I think it's only been 4lbs.. but its ttotm so it's possible I could be down another pound and it's just Water weight now hahaha ok ok I'm reaching lol I only lost 4

Happy Birthday Chrissylu!!!

Btw everyone, I loved my 1st Zumba class today.. I can see more of those in my future!

Happy Birthday Chrissylu! Enjoy your day and yes, you deserve that Frapp! Thanks for your wonderful idea and getting us setting a goal for your birthday. I made my goal plus 1lb what with my 5 day fiasco with my 2nd fill.

Whose birthday is it next! Next Goal anyone????

I also just realized that today is my 3-month bandiversary too! Birthday and Bandiversary...I think this calls for a celebration! LOL!

Congrats on the bandiversary as well, Chrissylu. Mine is Saturday. Time goes by having fun!