Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Hello everyone! Sounds like everyone has been doing so well! I'm stuck at a plateau right now and have been having a very hard time with motivation. I've been hungry and lazy, and don't like this feeling at all. I feel like I'm slipping into my old ways, and I've been feeling really useless over thr whole thing. I haven't been walking at night, for the past week or two. I was doing it and enjoying it, but it seems as if i can never stick with anything I ever do. I have been eating less, I suppose, than I was before, I do count calories and have been much closer to my target calories for thr day than before. Before I was so far under. Now I go right to the last calories and sometimes over. Since i lost 30 lbs, myfitnesspal has downgraded my calories for the day too, which sucks. I can't wait for my next fill, I feel so hopeless right now :( I know I can turn it around, but I feel like I'm running out of willpower

Horsegirl315: Sounds like what I've been going through as well. I had been under-eating my calories (even though the doc told me not to worry about calories) so I upped mine a bit and increased my daily Protein from 60g to 80g. I've also been making sure I hit my 64 oz of Water a day. It has truly helped kick me over that plateau but, like you, I'm still looking forward to that next fill. Thank God its Tuesday!! Hang in there and God bless!

It must be a 30/35 pound thing! I've been hovering between 30 and 33 pounds for 3 weeks now! I've increased my exercise and I'm eating less but just can't seem to shake the pounds. I have noticed I've been eating more carbs and fattier foods (lots of cheese, some fried wings here and there, salad dressing) so I'm sure that probably has something to do with it. I usually stick to 3 small meals though... maybe I need to bump this up. I go for another fill on 4/9 so we'll see how that goes.

I will say that more people have commented to me how great I'm looking and what a great job I'm doing since I hit the plateau, so I guess I should take some motivation from this!

weight.png

Same here Amica! Maybe the plateau is just on the scale, and actual inches are coming off instead?? I know that I only have ONE pair of pants that fit now and all my skirts and dresses are loose...still wearable...but loose. LOL. that's a great NSV!

Hi Horsegirl- you can turn this around! You have lost 27 lbs!! That is awesome, please don't discount your success! It's a process with fills and getting to your sweet spot.

Chrissylu- great advice! We were banded a day apart (I'm 1/26).

Mags- good to see you! Any loss is significant, ya know? Hopefully they will give you a fill and you'll get to your sweet spot.

Nicole- I agree that right now, we're losing mostly (probably not all) on our own. I hope some of your de-stressing strategies work!!

NJ2NC- My doc did 1 cc last time, who knows what they'll do MOnday- I was going to ask for 2 cc's, but be happy with 1, LOL. I really like the Mirena, hope it works for you too.

DH had another Dr appt at Duke today- 3rd stage congestive heart failure- but potentially reversible. So we're doing drug therapy and then another pacemaker if necessary, and hopefully that works....but the potentially reversible was good news :).

Now time for lunch- Wendy's chili!!

Hey everyone!

I was also plateauing at 35lbs I think? I broke it with a fresh juice fast day and now I am back to losing it seems. I'm sad that we are all plateauing but grateful that we have this board so we can see we aren't alone, and maybe this frustration point is a normal part of the process. I think moving forward I will cycle my calories so I can attempt to avoid/minimize plateauing. It wasn't enough to do the one day of more calories, I also had to do a day of low calories before it stopped.

I started using my fitbit yesterday. Amazon has them for $86 I think. So far so good. I'm not tracking my food with it, because I can't do calorie counting. I get OCD about it and then starve myself. But everything else is good to monitor, and having the graph of movement is forcing me to do something even if it is just for a minute, more often than I would otherwise. So I think it will end up being a good purchase,

JustDoIt, I didn't realize you were in the triangle too! I am happy that everything looks reversible, and that you all are going to Duke. They do a good job.

Yep, I'm in the triangle. We really like Rex, but Duke is a good place, highly recommended and I really liked the Dr. As long as they don't sterilize anything in hydrolic Fluid, LOL.

3rd fill Monday and bumping my calorie goal down to 800. Want to plan some meals for this week. Feeling bored and stuck in a rut. Need some inspiration and motivation. After I was told I look pregnant just went in a downward spiral.

Ok January Bandsters it sounds like we are all a little stuck this week! I know I am feeling unmotivated and down and out lazy!! I think we should all post a goal for the weekend & support each other. I'll start

GOAL

Drink all of my Water this weekend

Create a new motivating workout playlist

Do at least one workout

I can totally do this!!???ª???„

Ok January Bandsters it sounds like we are all a little stuck this week! I know I am feeling unmotivated and down and out lazy!! I think we should all post a goal for the weekend & support each other. I'll start

GOAL

Drink all of my Water this weekend

Create a new motivating workout playlist

Do at least one workout

I can totally do this!!ðªð

Hello all, Sound like a great idea.. My goals are:

1. Drink 64oz of water today and another 64oz tomorrow.. I'm lucky if I drink 24oz per day normally I'm terrible with drinking water.

2. Get up off my butt and and get on my treadmill for no less than 30minutes

3. Chew slower, first time last night a piece of steak went down and wasn't chewed well, I felt every inch it traveled through my body wasn't a good feeling.

I had a great 39th birthday yesterday.. I 99% successfully avoided all the sweets and celebrated with a big 9oz juicy steak and fresh veggies .. My sweets consisted of non-sweet tea with added Splenda lol well it was no red velvet cake but I was satisfied lol

By the way, I went into Lane Bryant yesterday (I couldn't resist) of all the places getting I'm getting smaller it's my least favorite area. Let just say I've lost a couple cup sizes!! But just out of curiosity I tried on the straight leg jeans in a size 14 oh my gosh they went on and buttoned right up.. A little snug but I would have worn them with pride! That's 2-3 sizes smaller per-surgery I could wear 18's but 20's felt better in jeans..

Love those NSV's

Sounds like after 2+ months, our bodies/mind are finally catching up with one another and rebelling. Just think, for most of us, we've averaged a good 25+lbs lost in such little time. If we were on WW or Jenny or any other diet, I highly doubt we could lose this much weight in that little time. When I was on my own dieting, whether it be WW or some other diet, I would make it for the week and totally lose interest. I'm 9 weeks out and love seeing the changes in my body and my mind, having so much more energy and enjoying the fact I no longer hide out in my house. We're all doing great with all what we have to work with. The newness of the surgery has warn off for the most part, our daily lives continue with our families, work, stress, etc. Sometimes in life we have bad times, which we sometimes need to appreciate the good times, the same goes for plateaus. I enjoy coming on here daily as it keeps me real, and I can always find wonderful positive support from all my Janyary Bandsters and those who have gone before us and after. It's a journey for life.

NJ2NC- happy birthday! Good for you. I'm with u on the cup sizes, LOL. And awesome at lane bryant.

Kymie- do you think that 800 might be a little low? Don't throw your body into starvation mode. Lucky u, third fill! My second is on Monday.

Meredith, I agree, this is a marathon, not a Sprint. We have to deal with the tough times in life without resorting to old behaviors.

My goals today are to do my elliptical, and not snack! And not drink during meals, that's a hard one for me.

Goals:

Drink 9 or more servings of Water today and tomorrow

Work out at least 30 minutes both days

Plan next weeks food and meals for some variety in food and something to look forward too

We can do this!

I have a ton of stress at work right now and I see it's affecting me, so I need to turn that around and refocus on my healthy me goals.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone we can get through this weekend.

Heading to the gym with my 13 year old son, if my husband won't go then he will.