Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

MyFitnessPal tracks your Water consumption for you boyh online and using the app. It tracks in svgs only though, not ounces.

Everyone is doing so great! I'm so proud of you all! I hit 40lbs lost yesterday! I've calculated that I've lost 2 sizes since surgery, 3 since I started the process of having the procedure. I'm so excited. I also have on 3 more lbs to go for my birthday goal of losing 43 by the time I turn 43. I think I can do that. Thank you all for being there and jumping on this short-term goal bandwagon with me. Just 2 1/2 more weeks...we got this! Have a great day everyone!

Kymie- thanks! I totally missed that, LOL- like my mom always says, if it had been a snake it would have bit me.

ChrissyLu- awesome! You can totally do 3 lbs in 2.5 weeks!! We are with you!!!

Chrissy, I'm with you too, I want to lose 5 lbs in the 2.5 weeks left til your bday. I have a fill tomorrow, finally. This should get me under 230...hopefully. right now I fluctuate between 234-232. My last fill I was 237, which was a month ago :-/ I was telling Meredith earlier, I have been slowly creeping back to old habits I said I wouldn't do when I got the surgery. I think I need to take a step back and remember, this was major surgery, not just another fad or failed attempt. this is for life, and I need to step it up. I did better with logging calories and drinking Water last week, and did exercise a few times...but then yesterday was Easter so...yeah. I def didn't eat as much as I would have so, small victories I guess !

I started this journey out at 353, so when I say I lost 40# so far I get frustrated because with me being so heavy I should have done better by now. It's easier to lose a high number when you're bigger and have 100# more than everyone else to lose. On a good note I think I'm just about to restriction and noticing that change so hopefully it will start melting off me like they say happens.

Happy day after Easter everyone! Sorry I've been lurking and not posting lately! I have been reading though and picking up some great motivation and advice from you all!

I went for my 3rd fill today. I thought I was at 4.5 cc already, but turns out I was only at 3.5. Doctor said he would only put in .5 cc today. He had some trouble finding the port (which even though I was numbed up, it freaked me out to see the giant needle jabbing in and out and hearing it hit the outside of the port! :blink: ) but finally did. Holy wow was it hard to drink the Water though! I think this might be it for a while on fills. I never really had irritation or problems with the other two, so I guess we're close now.

I did ask the nurse about how many calories I should be eating. She made a big deal about not counting calories, but sticking to 60-80 grams of Protein plus fruits and veggies. But she did finally say that should be around 1500 - 1800 calories. Not even close to the 1200 I was shooting for according to myfitnesspal.com. So, to all of us who are at a plateau - let's start bumping up the calories with some more protein!

I made it to 35 this morning. 6 pounds since the last fill, but not the 10 pounds I had lost the month before. I know, slow and steady! We'll see what this latest fill does (since 3 sips of water almost caused me to have to pull over for a bit!)

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

weight.png

Happy day after Easter everyone! Sorry I've been lurking and not posting lately! I have been reading though and picking up some great motivation and advice from you all!

I went for my 3rd fill today. I thought I was at 4.5 cc already' date=' but turns out I was only at 3.5. Doctor said he would only put in .5 cc today. He had some trouble finding the port (which even though I was numbed up, it freaked me out to see the giant needle jabbing in and out and hearing it hit the outside of the port! :blink: ) but finally did. Holy wow was it hard to drink the Water though! I think this might be it for a while on fills. I never really had irritation or problems with the other two, so I guess we're close now.

I did ask the nurse about how many calories I should be eating. She made a big deal about not counting calories, but sticking to 60-80 grams of Protein plus fruits and veggies. But she did finally say that should be around 1500 - 1800 calories. Not even close to the 1200 I was shooting for according to myfitnesspal.com. So, to all of us who are at a plateau - let's start bumping up the calories with some more protein!

I made it to 35 this morning. 6 pounds since the last fill, but not the 10 pounds I had lost the month before. I know, slow and steady! We'll see what this latest fill does (since 3 sips of water almost caused me to have to pull over for a bit!)

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Interesting!!! I am around 1200 cals too, and boy am I hungry!!!! I don't eat Breakfast, just have coffee...and I don't eat til about 12-1 pm. After lunch, I begin to get hungry. Head hunger mostly. I almost feel like once I eat, it sets me off for the rest of the day. Then I can't stop thinking about food!!! What a battle :-/ if I'm out and about its not half as bad. I can't wait for my fill tomorrow, but I am very interested to see after that, if I allow myself to go over my calories, say by 200-300 cals but make sure what I eat is very protein dense, what will happen. What is you plan for upping your protein?

Also, I have a question for everyone...like amica said, for some reason the drs don't like to give us a certain amnt of calories. My dietician says 60-80 grams Protein, and everything I eat should be under 5 grams fat and 5 grams of sugar...unless its natural sugar. I guess that's why I feel so down on myself sometimes, because I'm sorry, that's just not possible for me. That's worse than any diet I've ever done. So I feel like its a goal I can't achieve, which is probably why I feel like I suck at life right now. Does anyone have a recommended diet like that?

What is you plan for upping your Protein?

Horsegirl - I have NO idea! I asked the nurse and she said to add in a protein snack... but I have no idea when! Guess I should have taken home some of the boiled eggs from Easter dinner - HA! I'm having trouble eating all my food now. I usually do oatmeal pumped up with peanut flour and 2% milk in the morning; 2 oz. Cabot 50% lower fat cheese, 7 Oscar Meyer deli turkey slices, and 7 low fat Triscuits (I know, carbs - boo... but I need the fiber!) for lunch; sometimes a low fat/low sugar yogurt for snack; and meat (4-6 oz.)and a veggie for dinner. I don't really feel that hungry between meals and I get full at my meals, so where should the extra go??? My doctor wants me to eat rather than drink my Proteins so shakes aren't a good option, but I may have to throw one in for a while!

JustDoIt and HorseGirl...thanks for the cheers. I'm looking forward to seeing what we've all accomplished by April 25th! HorseGirl...I noticed myself falling into some old habits as well and had to check myself! You can do this. Kymie...don't be too hard on yourself. Every loss is still a loss...you go girl!! Amica...My doc isn't particular on calories either but after I pushed him, he said around 1200. At the time, I weighed around 245. The nurse practioner has asked me to up my Protein also to about 80 grams a day. I just started to have meat (or egg) at all my meals, snack on colby jack or cottage cheese and add a Protein Shake if I need it. doc never mentioned exact grams of fat/sugar so I don't count those. However, I am trying to be proactive on not eating fatty Proteins and only natural sugars (ie fruit). You can cut your fat grams in your protein shake by using almond milk instead of 2%. I actually like my shakes better with the almond milk. God bless!

JustDoIt and HorseGirl...thanks for the cheers. I'm looking forward to seeing what we've all accomplished by April 25th! HorseGirl...I noticed myself falling into some old habits as well and had to check myself! You can do this. Kymie...don't be too hard on yourself. Every loss is still a loss...you go girl!! Amica...My doc isn't particular on calories either but after I pushed him' date=' he said around 1200. At the time, I weighed around 245. The nurse practioner has asked me to up my Protein also to about 80 grams a day. I just started to have meat (or egg) at all my meals, snack on colby jack or cottage cheese and add a Protein Shake if I need it. doc never mentioned exact grams of fat/sugar so I don't count those. However, I am trying to be proactive on not eating fatty Proteins and only natural sugars (ie fruit). You can cut your fat grams in your protein shake by using almond milk instead of 2%. I actually like my shakes better with the almond milk. God bless![/quote']

You should try coconut almond milk, its a blend with only 60 cals per cup and it tastes amazing!!! Love it in a protein shake, and makes iced coffee so creamy.

Your daily menu sounds really good. Except triscuits and I don't get along anymore...but wheat thins are ok! The peanut flour is interesting...does it give a peanut taste? I don't have breakfast often, but when I do, I have 1/4 cup oats with 1/2 cup coconut almond milk, one beaten egg...microwave for about 3 mins, then top with spray butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar blend splenda....its like french toast...so good!

Horsegirl and amica- My doctor said that a shake in the morning is fine, as it does help get in all the Protein I need. I mix up my calories- usually staying around 1100 but sometimes as much as 1400-1500 depending. I also exercise 30-45 minutes 5-6 days a week. It's a process- and yesterday I did have 2 pieces of Easter chocolate. But so what, before it would have been 2 BAGS of Easter candy!!!

Horsegirl- this is a lifestyle, not a diet, so do the best you can and as we all reach restriction it's easier. I say, hit the protein goal and feel good about it! The rest will come. And I think that the increased protein will help you feel more full longer.

Kymie- I agree, you're doing super great! All weight loss is awesome weight loss.

I think that we want it fast- we've had the surgery so it should be all downhill from there, LOL. But it's still a process, ya know? We'll get there!!!!

Sorry I haven't been around been busy! I called & moved up my fill to tomorrow. I haven't lost any weight in 2 wks & feel no restriction so they told me to come in! I ja e to work hard to force myself to workout, but I have done it. I keep telling myself I have paid too much & waited too long to screw this up.

Everyone keep up the good work! I'll check in tomorrow after my fill.

Hi everyone, Since joining last week I've only been lurking. I feel like I'm way behind you all with the weight loss. I go next Monday for my first fill. My surgeon makes you wait three months for your first fill. So I have no restriction and my weight loss has been totally dieting. I was doing well then Easter kind of derailed me this weekend and I'm back up 2 pounds. I'm back on track and hoping it will come on off before my Monday appointment. The dietician I see thru my doctor is all about the Protein and not so much worrying about the calories and I find if I get between 60 and 80 grams of protein I'm not hungry (except for head hungar) and I can keep my calories between 1000 and 1500. Every morning I'm eating a boiled egg followed by ice coffee made with 8 oz skim milk, 1 scoop nectar cappachino Protein Powder, Benifiber and strong coffee. So early in the day I already have 32+ grams of protein and the benifiber makes life more pleasant. If I skip my coffe drink I have a hard time getting my protein in for the day. I am thankful for this group since the only local support group here in in German and I don't speak it well enough to be a member. Kim

Hi Kim- slow and steady is good! You've lost 23 lbs, so that's awesome! I agree, if I don't have my Protein Shake in the morning it's harder to get all my Protein in. And my hair was falling out, so I really need that protein!!!

Nicole- hope the fill does it for you!

Worked out last night, wasn't the best workout I've ever had- you know, one of those where I just wasn't really in the mood, BIDIA- but I did it anyway. So good just for the fact that I did it, LOL. Good on calories and Water, etc. Hope for a little more of a drop this week than I had last week. Tomorrow is WID.