Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

I had my fat girl devil sitting on my shoulder Friday night but my thinner Angel knocked her off her pedestal. A slight fight took place, but I resisted. My DH had his lapband surgery Friday and we were in the hospital around 10am. I didn't get home until close to 7pm seeing him up in his room and settled in for the night. Friday's were always our pizza nights and and drink or two. Since my routine was totally off all day, although I was good, the old self wanted to be rewarded. Pizza and a drink.... hmmm, Decided to stop at my old haunt, Lane Bryant {yes, I swore I would never go again and plan on cutting my card up soon} but I needed a pr of jeans as my old ones were falling off me. NSV for sure. Bought some cute cropped pants and tops too. On the half hr ride home, decided having the tuna salad I had in fridge and salad to go with it. Passed my favorite pizza place and passed up on the drink which would ultimately have the munchies..... After spending money on new thinner clothes, why sabotage myself? The moral of the story.... I lost another pound the next morning when I woke up! Phew! Dodged that bullet, but know there will be many more to come. Keeping strong.

Hey everyone,

I am enjoying catching up on everyone's progress!! I go in to see if I need another fill on Tuesday. I am losing at a good rate, but I feel like I'm eating more than I should be, so I might have them check to see if I need another fill.

I had a question about exercise and the port. Is anyone else ending up with a sore port the day after they exercise? I'm wondering if it is because most of the stuff I'm doing is utilizing my core muscles... but it is really driving me crazy. I am not in a lot of pain, but the constant discomfort gets to me. I wish we were allowed ibuprofen!

Think I missed something here as I'm seeing some posts {Jaydee} and others' mention we can't take ibuprofen. My doctor never mentioned this. Why not? I've been taking advil and or tylenol a few times a week for knee pain.

Think I missed something here as I'm seeing some posts {Jaydee} and others' mention we can't take ibuprofen. My doctor never mentioned this. Why not? I've been taking advil and or tylenol a few times a week for knee pain.

Since the medicine irritate the stomach, even when you aren't banded, my doctor says no, unless absolutely needed, and then it needs to be taken with prilosec, because it might lead to band erosion down the road.

Since the medicine irritate the stomach, even when you aren't banded, my doctor says no, unless absolutely needed, and then it needs to be taken with prilosec, because it might lead to band erosion down the road.

Thank you Jaydee for educating me on this. I greatly appreciate it.

My dr said as long as I'm not a habitual user, advil or ibuprofen should be fine, but he too recommends prilosec or something like that to counteract the stomach issue.

Well, my fat girl devil beat up my thinner angel over the weekend. Not quite a TKO, though. I did give in to some birthday cake both on Saturday and on Sunday. The positive- I logged it all, was accountable, and still under calories for both days. So, it's still waaaaay better than blb (before lap band)- I would have had tons of cake and just kept eating my way through it!

Mags- I like what B-52 said in a different thread about really taking several weeks to adjust to a fill, especially when you're close to or it get you to restriction- that's when all the things start being important- chewing, watching what you eat as far as breads, rice, etc. It takes time to switch things from how - and how much- we used to eat!

I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

Protein-my doctor gave me a way of calculating ur amount of Protein a day take ur weight and multiply it by .3. That will tell you how much you need daily. She recommended adjusting it each month based on weight

hair loss- I have not had this problem. What has your doctor said? Hopefully it will grow back healthier than before!!!

Erica- I am so glad to hear ur port surgery went well. Remember how we all lost a lot right after surgery? Well that will probably happen once the swelling goes down & you will be ahead of all of us!!

B52- congrats!! I figured about a year to loose 100lbs. I hope to follow in your foot steps. What was the thing you did that made you so successful?

Me?? I can't wait to get my next fill. I am feeling more hungry & able to eat more before filling full.

I just wanted to verify what your doctor said we take our weight x 3 to get gms of protein we need or would be divided ? or do we stick a period somewhere?

Day by Day- I think it's weight x .3- so my current weight is 256 times .3= 76.8 g Protein I should have in a day.

Also, Kymie, congrats on the collar bones!!!! LOL

Re-signing up for my gym membership! Treadmill is getting boring and want some more variety.

Hi everyone! I go in tomorrow for my 4th fill and checkup. I've been struggling a bit with the scale, but I bought size 20 jeans last weekend, which was great! (in size 24 before). I tried on Old Navy jeans and they fit for the first time in years!!

I've been having a feeling of burning inside around my port. Also, having some pains around my belly button. This is too low to be my band, right? I'm going to ask about it tomorrow, but of course I'm freaked because I'm self-pay. Anyone else having pains in that area?

Congrats everyone! I just had my second fill! The # on the scale since my last appointment didn't change but I know I did. All of my clothes are bigger and I really feel great and full of energy. I know it'll take more than a couple fills to get the scale really moving, but I am so looking forward to it.

Nikol, the scale doesn't seem to be matching my changes either. I'm down 22 lbs, but I'm down from a size 24 to a 20. The most important thing is how you feel and how your clothes fit!

So very true! Congrats on your accomplishments. We didn't get where we are overnight or even over a couple months. Patience is key and knowing we are moving in the right direction is a great feeling. All the best for continued success!

I'm curious about something. I've been consistently losing on average about 1-2 per week since banded 1/17. I started back on my NuvaRing 2 weeks ago and have not lost a single pound since (not gained either). coincidence or what? I've not been eating any more and doing about the same amount of exercise. I know BC has its weight gain issues but I was thinking ok! I'm banded and exercising this shouldn't be a problem. I get my second fill on Friday.. I have to decide to continue with the ring by Monday.. (it's not for preventing pregnancy its for cycle control..it has always been a beast lol) I'm wondering what's worth more to me?? taming the beast or losing weight consistently, I hope this wasn't TMI for everyone! What would y'all do?

You're right JustDoIt it is your weight times .3 or 30% and that gives you the amount of Protein per day. Mine is 226*.3=67.8

The port thing. I do have some soreness around the port area if a do a lot of core workout, but it goes away by the next day. I am also self pay and I purchased 4 mths of "oops insurance" and it runs out next mth, so hopefully everything will check out at my next fill appt on 2/26.

Collar bones, Old Navy, oh my!! I am so excited for everyone!! I tried to buy some pants at Old Navy, but they fit at the waist, but not the thighs. Looks like I need to step up on those squats!!!

My birthday was 1/6, so my family all bought me gift cards to places I normally can't shop, 2 more sizes and I am spending those gift cards!! (I am at a 18W and a 20R, there is a difference!!)