Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Horsegirl- I have had times where I get stuck briefly and it feels like tightness in my chest. Mine has always gone away on its own.

My operation went well yesterday. I have a 3 inch incision right above.my port. I found out my first fill didn't get put in the right place because there was no Fluid in my band, he put two cc in during surgery. I am pretty sore and nauseated. Back on meds for a few days. I follow up this upcoming Thursday, I doubt he will give me one, but I want another fill. I will be glad to get back on track!

Hi ladies! I have my first fill tomorrow, and am currently 24.4 lbs down since surgery (no pre op) I enjoyed a day of healthy eating today, and a lovely 90 min walk by the Water. I do find myself mourning over yet again being on liquids for 2 days then mushies for 2 days after that. My first day back to eating normal includes going to a friends tasting party...good Lord. At least I have my sister going wig me, as my supporter, as on one else at the party will know about my surgery...but I will look fab in whatever I choose to wear! ;-) I'm nervous about the fill...has anyone found it to hurt? I'm a pro at getting blood taken, so I'm hoping its similar...also looking forward to finding out if there is any saline in my band now...I kind of think there is only bc I have gotten "semi" stuck a few times...a few times on tuna on a triscuit, and a few other items, such as baby carrots. I'm not sure if it is really considered "stuck" because after a few mins, it goes down. But in those few mins, my heart races and I enter panic mode with chest tightness. Has anyone had this??;

Hello horsegirl, I get my second fill on March 23rd (I moved it up from April 5th - waiting 6 weeks was too long) I found my 1st fill to be a bit uncomfortable ok ok it hurt lol but only for a very short time then it was all over. I felt like a little kid that just got a needle, I should've gotten a lollipop or something afterwards haha.

I've NEVER been stuck, I feel like I have no restriction! as of Feb 24th I have 4cc. I can take big bites, little bites, eat slow, eat fast, eat the same way pre-band and feel no different. I've been eating right and losing weight on sheer will-power which broke down recently when I finished my daughters Sonic Tator Tots (about 5 or 6) yesterday and the day before that I had a sausage and peppers/onions sub (I didn't eat the bread tho) AND I had a very small glass of wine. I knew my willpower wasn't going to last forever so I figured I better move this fill up. After the first fill I was so stressed so I don't know if the band or stress helped me not eat so much. Well, I've not gained or lost in the last week so I'm a little disappointed but not terribly cause I could've gained!! After I finish up my postings I'll head on over to the gym and get some exercise in.

Hi there- horsegirl, I didn't find it to hurt at all, and I'm a big baby. It was easy. The PA felt for the port, and a minute later said, "I'm all done!" I knew I had saline in during surgery, but didn't know how much. It turns out I had 5 cc's in at surgery (14 cc band), and they do fills 1 cc at a time after- though I'm going to try to convince them to do 2 cc's in April. If not, oh well. I'm just looking to get to my sweet spot quickly!!

LOL Kymie at Weapon of Mass Destruction (literally!!) I'm glad you get your second fill finally! My band's name is Magic, because even though I know it's not a magic fix, it's magic to me!!!!

Erica- how did your surgery go???? I hope quick and easy!!

Where is everyone! I need support, people!! Magstoyou, NC2NJ. Daybydaybaby- and EVERYONE ELSE!! I need YOU!!! LOL Post post post!!!

Hey There, I'm still here! How are you..I've a little reading/catching up to do. I have the LBT app on my iPhone finally and I just finally got the myfitnesspal app. I hate logging my food, I always forget but I'll keep practicing! LOL well, I better go try to get in some exercise today I've been stuck at the same weight the last week but I know its better than gaining. My will-power is breaking down so I moved up my fill from 6weeks from the last fill to 4 weeks, so I go next Friday. I'm so excited hopefully I can get some real restriction.

I am also a January 2012 bandster! January 25 was my date. 7 weeks out and I'm down 33 pounds! Congrats to all of you!

Ok, so the fill was...interesting. the np had a really hard time finding the right spot in the port to access the saline. It took her about ten minutes and a lot of pushing our my stomach, holding myself in a sit up position, and arms above my head...finally, she said, ok I'm in. So she gave me four ccs...WOOHOO!! had to leave the drs office and go over to the hospital, about five mine away, to do the Barium swallow. Yuck. The Barium was stuck in my pouch and after about 30 seconds, not only was it stuck, but I thought I felt reflux, which was confirmed by the Dr. He said too tight, so off I went back to the surgeons office...unfilled 1cc (after searching for the port site again) so now I have 3ccs in my band, which I am very satisfied with, I am so glad they seem to be a little agressive with the fills, I have an appt for another fill which will be 1cc in a month.

I wish all surgeons did the fills like Meredith's, I would imagine its probably easier for the person doing the fill as well. Plus, you know for sure that you are filled at the right amnt. Now I have to wait and see if the remaining 3ccs give me trouble. Today is day one of liquids...then liquids tomorrow and puree two days after...at least this should help with my weight loss plateau!!

That process is crazy! My doc will fill every 2 weeks as necessary. We do the fill and the barium swallow in his office in the same room. So he adjusts right there if needed. In and out 10 minutes. I got 6 cc first and yesterday another 3. Did swallow and backed out 0.2 cc.

Hello everyone!! Your stories are so exciting!! I know how hard it has been with work, kids, drinking Water, don't drink 30 min before or after blah blah blah!!! Crazy!! I work 12 hr days and some weekends. I have a calendar on my iPhone totally dedicate to alert me to eat & drink. I am so busy I wouldn't eat until I sat down and realized I was starving!! So the alerts help especially with the water. Otherwise I will fill up my jug while eating, put it aside for 30 min & completely forget to drink it until my stomach grumbles & it is time to eat. Crazy days!!

I am nervous about my second fill. I had 2cc 4 wks ago & go back 3/26. I have only gotten stuck twice. It felt like I was going to through up & there was pain in my chest. So my concern is I am getting stuck & don't really feel hungry for 3 hrs (that is if I drink all my water & eat right), should I even get a fill? Or is the goal to never feel hungry? To be honest I have such a busy schedule, if they over fill me I don't have time to go back in right away, but some of you said they can take it out at the appt. so I guess I should weight & see what the dr says.

So how is everyone doing on solid Protein consumption? I find myself snacking on Protein Bars or string cheese to get all the protein in.

Keep writing everyone! I love your stories & support!!

I love the gum idea!! I am chewing mint chocolate chip right now!! Gotta love desert flavored gum!!

I start my day with a Protein shake, just to start with a good amount of Protein and its easy to drink on my way into work. I haven't had any issues with getting all my protein in doing that. The rest is solid protein.

As to a fill- I think the green zone is where you're satisfied with the smaller amount of food and don't feel hungry for 3-4 hours, so see what the Dr says.

Ok girls, I need your help!!! My hair is falling out like crazy! And breaking off!! It is awful! I have long hair, like down to my bra strap, and it is thick, but seriously, handfuls every morning! Luckily its thick! No one else has noticed, at work or at home, but I'm worried! Especially since I do get all my protein in. I am taking Biotin 2x a day, it says I can take it up to 5x a day, so I'm going to up that, but its just awful!!! Any suggestions???

I lost 2 lbs last week, so total of 28 down so far. I have been counting my starting weight as the weight I was the day I started the pre-op diet,, which was 284, but did find where I recorded my highest- which was 291. So I'm feeling good about my progress! Now if I could just stop the Hair loss I'd be happy!!!!

Grrrr, I'm at a job fair sitting at my booth, and everyone is eating pastries!! Must go find Water to Sip!! This is definitely head hunger....

Justdoit- Stay strong with pastries, you can do it! Also, you could try taking a prenatal Vitamin or one made for hair and nails.

I am feeling better and trying to stop taking the lortab. I am going today to a lap band support group, I am looking forward to it.

How is everyone doing today?

Anyone using my fitness pal? I love it and could use friends. See what that part of the app is about. My username is the same kymie9899

I love myfitnesspals. My user name is ericaharrod, imagine that, lol

what does adding friends do? I only use it on my phone, not on my computer...

From what I can tell u see each others status updates like u see for yourself. Weight lost, days tracked, exercise and calorie goal completion. You can encourage and support each other and for myself knowing others will see what I have or have not done gives a push to be accurate in my journaling and keeps me accountable.

I had band placed on 1-30-12 and have only lost 8 pounds. I had my first fill on march 5 2012. And still nothing happening. I have been going to the gym daily and I walk 3 miles on thread mill and hour and bike the exerise bike for 1/2 an hour. I am making sure I have a intake of 45 protiens a day through food and not shakes as instructed. AND YET NOTHING. WTH am I doing wrong? I did better with the liquid diet before surgery then I am now. WHY???? I drink plenty of Water.< /p>