Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

We're in the first stages of this, remember- we've had the surgery, pretty recently, and now we're in the healing stage- headed to the getting fills/getting to restriction stage- and that's where it all starts to really happen! I know I had to really prepare myself that I wasn't going to have the surgery and wake up thin, LOL- that that part was really just the beginning, then it would be the process of being careful about what I eat, getting fills and getting to restriction where it wasn't so hard to eat correctly.

I hope that made sense, LOL

I lost 2.5 lbs last week, for a total of 19.5 since pre-op. I'll take it! I was hoping for the even 3 lbs to get me to 20 lbs lost, but like I say, I'll take it!!!

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to say hello. I'm 5 weeks post op and scheduled to get my first fill on Friday..I'm almost excited as I was when I was having the surgery.. Like so many others I feel like I can eat as much as I want and I'm hungry every 2 hours. Although I've been very good with eating the right things and getting my Protein in I'm hoping getting a fill will help me get through at least 4 hours before I'm feeling like I need to eat. I don't think I lost a lot a weight since surgery but I KNOW I didn't gain!! and that's the point right! I keep reading about flipped ports and I can feel mine easily just by grazing my hand over my skin, its still a little sore if pressure is put on it and it is right at "bend" level, so every time I bend over to pick up something I feel like I'm squeezing it... But I'm going to keep positive thoughts for Friday that all will be well.

Hi Everyone,

I posted a week ago that I was too tight, turns out I was just stuck. I am still getting the hang of this band. I finally ate some papaya enzymes and it made all the difference. I'm scheduled for my first fill tomorrow. Don't know if I'll get one, but I'm going in so I can talk to the doc. I feel like there should be so much more follow up for the lap band after surgery. It's a whole new world and it is confusing sometimes. These message boards help a ton, but it seems like the doctors should take more of this burden on.

Grace.

Yay, so first fill on Monday went good. I have had good restriction and am in love with my band again! Was going to wait until Monday a full week since fill to jump on scale but caved tonight when my jeans (button and zipper, NOT elastic) were falling off at work! 8 lbs lost since Monday! Whoo Hooo! I"m back! I know it won't stay that high and will taper off soon but it's good to know that the band can work and I can see that light again of hope.

Kymie- that is awesome! My first fill is a week from Monday, I can't wait. I'm doing okay with just willpower, but as I was driving home yesterday I was thinking about how in a way it's like I don't have a band except for the awareness it gives me. But I know the restriction will come!!

Grace- I know what you mean about the follow up- it's kind of hard to try to figure out everything on our own. I too love the boards for all the information I get!

NJ2NC- I have no idea where my port is- my surgeon said I wouldn't be able to feel it, but right by my port incision is a bump- it may just be the scar healing from the surgery, though. Let me know how the fill goes, I'm a little stressed out about it, honestly!

Hi Everyone,

I posted a week ago that I was too tight, turns out I was just stuck. I am still getting the hang of this band. I finally ate some papaya enzymes and it made all the difference. I'm scheduled for my first fill tomorrow. Don't know if I'll get one, but I'm going in so I can talk to the doc. I feel like there should be so much more follow up for the lap band after surgery. It's a whole new world and it is confusing sometimes. These message boards help a ton, but it seems like the doctors should take more of this burden on.

Grace.

My sentiments exactly. All my doctor shared with me Pre-Op was the surgery itself. Nothing at all afterwards. I've had 2 PO visits and all he does is weigh me, check my incisions and listened to my heart. God forbid he asked how I was doing for fear I might tell him. haha I f/u with the nutritionist who is in house which helps to some degree but I have to say how lucky I am to have found this particular website as I have learned so much from all those who are here thinking of, or going through the lapband process. Someone recently wrote they were on some other WLS sites and found them to not be so friendly. I have yet to come across anyone on here who hasn't been friendly. We're all in the same boat, and appreciate help or suggestions one might give to make life easier on our journey.

I have loved this site. I agree my doctor was less help than the site. When I called in excruciating pain they told me to pop another pain pill. I searched the sight for "right ribcage pain" & had pleanty of suggestions that ALL helped!! I also just downloaded the APP!

So I had a disheartening experience with my trainer yesterday. He had me work on "getting up" from a kneeling, sitting & laid down position. I really felt humiliated & it was the first time since surgery I have really felt my true fatness agin. I know it is something good to work a lot of muscles, but there are better ways then making me feel like a turtle who fell on her shell side & can't get back up. I was too embarrassed to tell him I don't want to do those but decided today I just need to be honest I am paying him to give me what I want out of it.

Kymie- that is awesome! My first fill is a week from Monday, I can't wait. I'm doing okay with just willpower, but as I was driving home yesterday I was thinking about how in a way it's like I don't have a band except for the awareness it gives me. But I know the restriction will come!!

Grace- I know what you mean about the follow up- it's kind of hard to try to figure out everything on our own. I too love the boards for all the information I get!

NJ2NC- I have no idea where my port is- my surgeon said I wouldn't be able to feel it, but right by my port incision is a bump- it may just be the scar healing from the surgery, though. Let me know how the fill goes, I'm a little stressed out about it, honestly!

Good Saturday Morning..my first fill went good yesterday well to be honest it hurt a bit, but I'm a baby when it comes to needles. Once it was over I was just fine! I had 2cc in already and I got 2 more...so now I have 4cc in my standard lapband. I went to a retirement party/dinner last night I had some Soup and I did just fine, I almost finished it but stopped and thought about what I was feeling and I felt full.

I've lost 9.4lbs since my last post op visit on 2/2/11..I'm happy with that.

Hi girls! I have to tell u this yummy thing I just tried! The trop 50 orange juice mixed with 1 scoop vanilla Unjury powder and ice- tastes like an orange Julius!!

Also, I have worked out yesterday and today! Go me! LOL

Sounds yummy!! Congratulation on the double day workout!! Sounds like you are on a roll!

So girls, how big was your first fill? I have a 14 cc band, and I'm worried that it's going to take forever to get restriction if fills are like 1-2 cc's at a time- I have heard that a certain amount of the saline stays in the tubing.....

Tell me what you guys have gotten, and how it went with your doctor- what he/she asked you, what you said, etc. I get mine a week from today!

So girls' date=' how big was your first fill? I have a 14 cc band, and I'm worried that it's going to take forever to get restriction if fills are like 1-2 cc's at a time- I have heard that a certain amount of the saline stays in the tubing.....

Tell me what you guys have gotten, and how it went with your doctor- what he/she asked you, what you said, etc. I get mine a week from today![/quote']

I hope u r doing well. With my first fill i received 4cc and i still have no restriction. Im scheduled for my second fill March 19th hope this shows sum restriction. I know n time it will come. Mind over matter. Good luck

So girls' date=' how big was your first fill? I have a 14 cc band, and I'm worried that it's going to take forever to get restriction if fills are like 1-2 cc's at a time- I have heard that a certain amount of the saline stays in the tubing.....

Tell me what you guys have gotten, and how it went with your doctor- what he/she asked you, what you said, etc. I get mine a week from today![/quote']

I hope u r doing well. With my first fill i received 4cc and i still have no restriction. Im scheduled for my second fill March 19th hope this shows sum restriction. I know n time it will come. Mind over matter. Good luck!

I haven't had a fill yet, march 13 and I'm nervous that they won't give me a fill bc I've lost a good amnt of weight, but I do get hungry about 1 hr to 2 hrs after eating a cup of food, so hoping that's a deciding factor. If they decide I don't need one, it will be ok, because I def don't wanna be too tight...that's my biggest fear!