Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Nicole, i ordered the Protein from unjury.com. they have a sample pack that I tried first, with 2 packs each of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, chicken broth and unflavored. That way you don't waste your money if you don't like it on a whole thing! And they have a good return policy. I don't think they come in ready made, though. I just keep my immersion blender plugged in by the sink, lol. The My Fitness Pal does have a scanner for things that aren't in their database! But I haven't found anything not in it yet. And congratulations on the pants victory!!

Bert, that is totally what I have been asking myself too! Am I just bored? Am I really hungry, am I tired, etc. And I too know what my weaknesses are. I make sure I end my day with something sweet, like a pudding, and then I feel like I haven't given anything up.

Freesia, welcome! I am almost 3 weeks post op- 3 weeks tomorrow. I agree, why didn't I do this sooner- but better now than never, right?? LOL

Today was my weigh in day, only lost .5 lb, but after a few minutes of disappointment and bummed-outedness, I decided that slow and steady wins the race, my body is getting used to this and healing, and it's way better than being .5 lbs heavier, right??? My first fill isn't for a couple more weeks, so just keep on trucking.

I survived Valentines day- for whatever crazy reason, DH scheduled a sedation dental procedure for yesterday and had 2 teeth pulled! How romantic! But he did buy me flowers.

Remember everyone we are taking in a lot of Protein and it not only saves muscle but helps build muscle & muscle weighs more than fat. So if you only lost .5 fat imagine you gained 1lb muscle!!!

so you do eat anything 1st thing in the morning? I am starving when I wake up. Hopefully that will go away with a fill!! Oh and I got some sugar free pudding and it is tasty and adds protein!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

You're welcome, my mornings move quick between 2 kids... I grab a bottled Water and then eat my Centrum chewable Vitamin, by the time the kids are on the bus and I get myself together its time to head to work, next thing you know its 9 o'clock. If I had to sit still for a long period of time I would prob want to grab something a lot sooner...I think the hustle and bustle helps plus I've never been a Breakfast person (one of my problems).

Cheers to all of use who survived Valentine's Day!!!

It wasn't perfect but I think I survived!

As I sat down and opened work email first thing in the morning I saw "Donuts, Donut holes, and Starbucks in the breakroom" I felt like yelling NOOOOOOO! but it wasn't so bad I avoided the break room all morning (i knew they would be gone within an hour) and since I chose to give up coffee Jan 3rd (Cold turkey, I didn't even want to go to Decaf I just wan't to stop coffee all together) the smell of that coffee was beckoning, but I put all my willpower to the test and won. I had my Protein Shake made with 2% milk, sugar free pudding and a spoonful of Peanut Butter and crushed ice...it was heavenly.

The worst part of the day was when one of my co-workers tried to make me just "taste the red velvet cake, just a litte piece" and she knew that was a no-no right now. I was a little disappointed in her but she apologized later.

It wasn't perfect but I think I survived!

As I sat down and opened work email first thing in the morning I saw "Donuts, Donut holes, and Starbucks in the breakroom" I felt like yelling NOOOOOOO! but it wasn't so bad I avoided the break room all morning (i knew they would be gone within an hour) and since I chose to give up coffee Jan 3rd (Cold turkey, I didn't even want to go to Decaf I just wan't to stop coffee all together) the smell of that coffee was beckoning, but I put all my willpower to the test and won. I had my Protein Shake made with 2% milk, sugar free pudding and a spoonful of Peanut Butter and crushed ice...it was heavenly.

The worst part of the day was when one of my co-workers tried to make me just "taste the red velvet cake, just a litte piece" and she knew that was a no-no right now. I was a little disappointed in her but she apologized later.

I give you a lot of atta boys for yesterday. Dunkin Donuts is my weakness and I'm not a sugar person perse. On the way home from surgery, not eating for a good 36 hrs, there's a DD on the way home that is on the corner next to a traffic light. Typically, it's a right on red but for some unknown reason, we had to sit and wait for the light to turn green. Not easy sitting there looking at DD and all that it had in there. AND red velvet cakes of any kind, omg, that would've killed me there and I would've broken down for sure. You go girl!

Valentine's day was an odd one for me. I always like to set the table with white plates and red napkins, candles,flowers, etc. and make a nice meal and dessert. Fortunately my DH was scheduled to have arm surgery today and didn't care to have a heavy meal last night or I would have made him something special. We ended up eating in the family room and eating separate meals. He a lean cuisine and me some pureed chicken. It was somewhat anticlimatic for me. However, it was nice to step on the scale this morning and see that the numbers didn't go up but stayed the same. My husband just scheduled his lapband surgery for March 16th so I'm excited about that.

Hi everyone! I've been reading a lot of the posts from recently and I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling hungry so often! It's been awful. I know I haven't had a fill yet, but I really didn't think it would be this bad. I get full quickly and mine too is at around the 2 hr. mark. Sometimes it lasts 3 hrs. depending if i've had a little more Protein for that meal. But, I keep wanting to snack and I force myself not too. I did that before lap band and I don't want to get back in that rut. I've tried to keep myself busy to get my mind off of it. I've been walking around the neighborhood a lot (up to about 3 miles now) and I feel good. Tomorrow is my 1 month post op appt. and possibly my first fill. I hope the fill helps me with the hunger but only time will tell. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already. I'm a little nervous that I'm not going to be seeing a good weight loss on the scale this time since I'm starting to eat food now and I'm not sick like I was the first week. I'm not going to beat myself up too much about it. We will see what tomorrow brings! :)

I had my first fill on valentine's day, so it was all liquid for me. I did take a trip to the grocery store to look for a Soup though. I'm so happy to read how everyone is progressing!!!

Hi, My surgery was January 13th. Everything went well and I actually lost about 19 lbs from the pre-surgery diet and the first week after. But now, I can eat alot of food and I have no restriction. I will not get my first fill until February 27th. I was following the post surgery diet to the letter but was experiencing severe hunger pains within 1/2 hour of eating. I slowly increased my food intake to the point that I can actually eat pretty much anything I want. I am very upset about this and keep feeling that the band is not actually "in there". I have gained eight lbs back. I am concerned because the surgeon actually said that when I see him next he "might" give me my first fill "if I need it". I am confused, I thought the purpose of using the lap band was to have fills and be able to feel full and control the amount of food I eat. I am very upset. I called the surgeon's office to request an earlier fill and they said no. I do not know what to do. I guess just reading others' comments and problems, helps me to feel that this all might be "normal"

Thanks for listening. Erink58

Erin, you are in bandster hell! Just because you can eat like you did before the surgery doesn't mean you should. This is the white knuckle part. You will be hungry, you may gain weight, you will be frustrated. Insist on a fill- I doubt he'll say no since you're so hungry. I would definitely journal all you eat- I use My Fitness Pal on my phone, it's a free app. You should start getting into the habit of exercising, tracking your calories and Protein, etc. This is a lifestyle change, not a magic bullet- I know you know that, but now it's time to put your money where your mouth is. You will lose weight, you have success, but now is the hard part until you reach the green zone.

Please realize, I am talking to myself as much as you here, I'm hungry after a couple hours, I'm also in bandster hell- but I expected it, I'm working through it and I will succeed- and so will you!!!!!

Erin,

I had my surgery Jan 27th and feel the same way as you. I feel I can eat normally for the most part but am trying to eat in small increments because I know it's what we need to learn to do. Every so often I feel a restriction from eating something, perhaps I didn't chew it enough but no rhyme or reason. Last night I got Chinese shrimp and had a few which went down with out a problem, then a little later had another one, and either I didn't chew it enough, or I was full and didn't realize it but I had to walk around a bit and walk off the discomfort in my esophagus. Interesting.

I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has had the problem we have re: able to eat alot. I have to say, my weight has stayed consistent for the past 3 weeks fluctuating back and forth from a loss of 15-18lbs but I'm also exercising a good 2 miles a day on treadmill and elliptical as well as alternating days with the Leslie Sansone videos. Today I got up to 3 miles in 40 minutes.

Erin,

...... I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has had the problem we have re: able to eat alot...

oh yeah I'm one of them, I feel like I can eat and eat and eat some more. I've been extremely good though at stopping and following portion sizes and very proud of myself. HOWEVER, today I didn't follow the rules and now I know what it feels like to eat tooo much with the band and it's definitely punishing me..my chest feel like a vice grip is on it and up under my rib cage feel like a helium balloon is there and shooting the pains up into my shoulder. I had some baked Beans and some roasted bbq pulled pork (Very Tender and Very good) well my brain said enough but my taste buds said "ahh its just a few more bites" I believe JustDoIt130 said it best "Just because you can eat like you did before the surgery doesn't mean you should".....trust me lesson learned..advice of the day listen to your brain!

Hi Everyone,

Haven't posted in awhile (banded Jan 3). I'm doing ok, but not great. Unlike many of you, I have lots of restriction. I got the small band, maybe that has something to do with it. I pb all the time. It is a blessing to not have restriction in the beginning so the process is more gradual, I think. Be grateful for it. I am losing weight (about 20 pounds) but haven't gotten into an exercise groove yet. Finding myself a bit depressed I think. I need to get motivated to do more work, get on here more often, I think. I need to take a more active role in this process. I can't seem to get excited about yogurt and eggs any more. I have to figure out better, more normal options for food that won't get stuck. Some times I am so tight in the morning, I can't even get a bite of yogurt down without feeling somewhat stuck. By the end of the day it's worked itself out, but I am still trying to figure this all out.

Erin. You need to schedule your upper GI imaging ASAP. There was 2 doctors present during the x-ray discussing what they saw as they did it & took LOTS of pics checking the position of my band. I was able to get my radiology report that same day & knew the band was in the right place & hasn't slipped. I hope this helps!