Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone used any of these Doctors?

I have already posted one thread asking about doctors in the DFW area and got a few responses, thank you to all who did. I found a few other doctors on the internet and was curious if anyone has had any dealings with them. Dr. Adam Smith Laprascopy Bariatrics & Surgery Specialty Center of Fort Worth, Dr. Joseph Cribbins Texas Center for Obesity Plano, Dr. Dirk Rodriguez Texas Bariatric Center Dallas/Fort Worth and Dr. Stephen Hamm.:)

If anyone has used any of the doctors please let me know I am trying to get any info on as many doctors as possible. If you know of any that you recommend in the DFW Texas that you would recommend please let me know. Thank you

Hi, Dr Stephen Hamn did my surgery and his assistant Dr Joseph Cribbins does my fills. I like Dr Hamn I thought he was honest and direct with all of his answers. They are both in the same office.

Thank you for responding to my thread. Did you have or are you experiencing any problems from the surgery? What did you think of the facility and doctors bedside manner?

Hi,

I've done my consultation with Dr. Adam Smith at LBS in Ft. Worth. There were several in the area that I looked into, but I went to his seminar and really like him. He has also been banded himself so to me that means he knows what I will be going through. I'm still waiting for a response from my insurance company. Everyone in his office though has been super great.

Audra :)

I removed my post. I no longer recommend the surgeon we used.

I have not had any problems or complications.(constipated, but was constipated before surgery) (menstrual cylcles skip). My surgery was done at Frisco Medical which is a beautiful hospital. As far as bed side manners, I did not have any problems, He came in and smiled and asked how was I doing asked me did I have any questions and provided me with some more literature and told me some more info and told me to contact the nutritionist. He made it clear that I had to work with the band and that the band does not work by itself. I like him. The nurses are nice at the office, if they are not available they call back asap. One of the nurses has been banded along with her husband so she shares some good insight when speaking to her as well. My doctor visits are not long very short waiting period.

I was banded by Dr. Benavides at SCOR as well. He is a good band doctor, but you don't deal directly with him for after support. He has that all farmed(that doesn't really sound good.) to other agencies. The Surgery Center of Richardson is where I had my surgery and where I have all my fills. They are a great group of people to work with.

Dr. Cribbins did my surgery. I think he is an excellent surgeon. I would suggest that you do a search on LBT for the Doctors you are interested in. You will pull up all comments regarding these doctors and that should help you make your decision.

I used Dr richard Benavides, he's off coit rd in richardson. He does his surgeries out of The surgery Center of Richardson. He's good.

Dr. Hamn did my lapband and has been great! The only problem I am having right now is trying to figure out the right amount to fill. I had a fill last Friday and have been throwing up ever since, not sure what to do. It is my 2nd fill but I had one small unfill in between due to this problem several months ago. Does the "vomit factor" ever go away? I am so tired of throwing up yet thrilled that I have lost close to 60 pounds in 7.5 months. Any suggestions?

Hi, I was considering some of the surgeons mentioned above and was wondering if Dr. Dirk Rodriguez, Dr. Cribbins or Dr. Kuhn were the doctor that you would definitely not recommend.

I removed my post. I no longer recommend the surgeon we used.

I saw Kuhn once and that's all it took for me to cross him off my list. Disliked him intensely but did love his PA, George, and others. Among the many dislikes I had is his office is supposed to be a Center of Excellence, and I couldn't get my wheelchair through the door. Kuhn got hot under he collar when I complained & he snapped back at me.

Re: Fills.

Most good doctors do the 1st fill a month post-op and will decide, with your input, when you need another. It's not up to you to decide to fill or unfill. Dr. Provost told me that there wouldn't be any problems because he would know about it .... long before the problem reared its ugly head. He's a great surgeon and does a lot of complex revisions and help for people with problems. Few can come close to his expertise. If you live North of Dallas and can handle the drive, Dr. Provost is the clear choice! I give him 5 stars. Others get 4 stars, and the rest 3 or lower.

Dr. Benavides is a 4, but from what I read he outsources all post-surgery. Not good enof for me.

Dr. Cribben and his partner, Dr. Hamm are both 4's as well, but I heard follow-up was lacking.

Edited by Shiki