Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Get To Know Eachother :)

My name is Kelli, I was banded Nov 2010 in Mississauga Ontario at the Surgical Weight Loss Center.

I am 28 years old, have been married for a year, and the whole reason i started this process was so that i could have a safe pregnancy and have a healthy baby!

I have to say, i am well on my way.

My starting weight was 319.8 lbs, and currently, i weight in at 217.8lbs. Only recently did i pass the 100lb mark!

I am so happy, and proud of myself, and feel soooooo amazing!

I had a complication, and port infection about 6 months ago, and had to have a port revision. Since then, its been nothing but clear skies. Hopefully it stays that way!

For Christmas this year, my husband got me a gym membership and a personal trainer. Its an early present. I've been going for about 2 weeks, and am actually starting to enjoy myself while i'm there!

Anyways, i would like to get to know some of my fellow Canadian Bandsters, and maybe swap ideas, and some Canadian products. So many recipes from this site have ingredients that we don't have here, so it would nice to get some new ideas!!

Hope to hear from you all :)

Kelli

Way to go on your 100# loss!! I am 31 and from Fort McMurray alberta. I had my surgery through SWLC in Vancouver on Nov 30th 2011. Down 22 pounds so far.

Good Morning All!

My name is Caroline

Was banded on June 4 2010 in TJ, Mexico with Dr. Ariel Ortiz

Weight before getting banded: 240 pds

Currently: 152 pds

My goal weight was 165, but now I have surpassed and would like my new goal to be 145. I am giving myself until June 4 2012 (lets see what happens!)

i REALLY NEED MOIVATION AND SOME GREAT recipes. I do not work out as much as Ishould and I need to focus on tightning my skin

If anyone lives in the Calgary area, please let me know

What I have realized with the band is that life changes, we all change and we have alot of cleaning up to do (with friendships, relationships, well-being, careers etc)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

I am from Alberta I am booked for March 2nd with the SWLC having my surgery done in Vancouver by Dr.Philip Mitchell. I m 297lbs BMI is 47. I start my pre-op diet Feb 16th. I'm excited and scared at the time.

I keep telling my-self I need to eat to live, not live to eat. Silly but I'm starting to believe it now.

Hi All!

Jenny here, from Edmonton. I am a married 29 year old. I had my surgery with the weight wise clinic here in Edmonton. I was at the clinic for 16 months attending classes, meetings with a psychiatrist, nurse and dietitian. I was approved for surgery after losing 40lbs and had my band put in on January 18, 2011. I was 222lbs on surgery day. Today I weigh 175-177lbs. I am so close to 90lbs I can taste it but I am maintaining currently since November as we have our formal wedding coming up in April and I need my dress to fit! :)

I am happy to be finding more and more Canadians all the time. I am awfully jealous of all of the BOOBS love in the US!

Hello All I Was banded in Edmonton, 2 years ago and im relocating to leduc very shortly, hope to hear from some people who are close by!!

Banded april 09,2009. Start weight day of surgery 234 today 128.6, I was banded in Shelbyville,Tennessee. I have recently moved to Edmonton. Looking for fellow bandsters to talk to and a band doctor. I'm married , 44 y/o. A mother to 3 adult children and grandma to 1.

Hello all,

I just started going through the process, hoping to be banded end of Sept. or some time in Oct. I had issues choosing bet. CIBO and SWLC, but now I have a pretty good idea of which to go with.

Hi everyone!

I am 27 years old and live in Vancouver. I was banded on Sept. 26th 2012 in Vancouver by Dr. Emile Woo care of SWLC in Ontario. I just started my mushy stage yesterday, no problems so far! I have my post op visit on the 9th :)

Hi all,

I was banded on Feb 9/2011 in Vancouver, BC at False Creek Medical and have lost 130 lbs. I reached goal in August.I never dreamed of being this small. I love the new me :). Now I am focused on tightening and toning.

Cheers,

Kristi

Hi - I'm in BC - banded 2004!

Victoria to be specific.

Congratulations Kristy!!!

Banded in Toronto with Slimband, live in Ottawa. Starting at 309, 4 months later down 40 !