Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Post Lap Band Surgery And It's Time To Eat!

So, I've been banded about 2 weeks and a few days. I've been doing all the Protein shakes blah blah.. But I'm sick of starving myself! It's time to eat. Who's going to eat with me? I need a support buddy. - ahaha.. Seriously, I'm suppose to go until Jan 1st until my first fill?? I'm told.. that I will still be hungry even after that! I'm going to enjoy Christmas. - Gotta go... It's time for a hambooger and dr pepper, chocoate cake for dessert. Mmmmmmm

Frustrated and no more patience!

Let me guess, insurance paid your whole bill? I self-payed and it really made me value what I had spent the money on...good luck.

No, I was self paid! Cash! Ouch!

Being hungry for a few weeks wont kill you. Stay on your diet its not worth screwing up at two weeks post op. I

Eat yes. Eat junk no. Stick with healthy food. You need to get your mind back in the right place.Even when you have a fill the band won't do everything as it is only a tool. You are still in charge of what you choose to put in your mouth so the sooner you get used to that and the sooner you start making healthy choices and taking some responsibility the better and the more likely you are to be successful.

I know, I know, I know. Just blowing off frustration. I just had a Lean Body, banana & Cream Protein Shake. mmmmmm! (I really wanted cake though) -- Gotta have a sense of humor through this.

You might want to think twice about your choice of food. If you have only been banded about 2 weeks, you are going to make yourself sick with a hamburger and dr pepper. Go ahead and eat it, you wont do it again. stick with the food plan and have some mashed potatoes and maybe some mushy vegetables with it. Good Luck!

All that sounds so good . I was just banded on Friday and had some complications and had to have the band released Thursday .. 2 surgeries in a week . I feel horrible . But today I had some pudding and Soup . I feel good now that I have something warm in my tummy . I posted earlier on my FB that I wanted a Cheeseburger and fries but I can live without all that .. Soup and everything will work for me till its time to eat ! Good luck with everything :o)

Christina, Thanks for seeing my sense of humor. - Hey, I hope you are really doing okay now. 2 surgeries in one week? I cant believe a cheeseburger sounds good to you! Arent you swollen? The first week.. I was swollen so I didnt want anything. -

Hello .. You definitely have to keep a sense of humor through this all . I am still very swollen .. But all food sounds good now that I can't eat any of it . I had my band done the 2cd made it home after a few days then went back in on Wednesday because I was in so much pain and throwing up . They undid the band so I could heal up some and let the swelling go down . I am following the diet like I am suppose to so I dont gain anything . I have been doing broth Jello pudding and strained Soup . Of course lots of Water . The coolness feels good on my tummy . I was reading today that I should be drinking a Protein Shake to . But I wasnt sent home with that much information when I left the hospital . I guess its a guessing game for now .. I hope im doing ok . I feel good tonight .. Still really sore from the surgery itself . But in time that will get better .. Nothing worse then feeling like you've been run over ! . Hope things are going well for you !

Christina, I can't even imagine! Okay, I'll be good, cause I feel bad for you. (I need something to motivate me!) -- So, Did your doctor put saline in when you were banded? I have nothing in my band. - Can you hear my tummy growling from there??

Mines right there with you sister ! haha . I dont know for sure what the dr did .. I know he said that he just would unsnap the band for now to let me heal . I guess thats how it all goes . He said he was going to wait a few weeks and we will go from there . You know I just didnt feel right even after surgery . Felt like I had a brick in my tummy . Just uncomfortable right now ..

I'm two and a half weeks out and totally feel your pain!! I'm starving!!! Even on mushies. It's difficult having 4 kids and a husband at home that I have to feed, then to go make myself something that looks a whole lot less appetizing than what I just made them. Oh well.. I don't gt my first fill until the end of January... So this is going to be 2 months of hell. All will power.. Since I have absolutely no restriction. Good luck girls!! We can make this work!

I've been banded for 1 week and 2 days now. I would LOVE to have a cheeseburger, just a little one. I would drink Water, exercise, forgo the fries and dessert.......just to have the taste of a small juicy cheeseburger.

I was banded on the 6th and I am just now starting to feel hungry. Thankfully I get to do puréed foods tomorrow. I am hungry!