Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, today something incredible happened to me! I have been experiencing all the normal NSV's that everybody else talks about, shopping on the non-plus side of the store, etc. But today I had a funny thing happen to me. I travel a lot for work, so I rarely go to the bank at home anymore. I used to be the manager at a retail store and went to the bank every single day. Today I went through the drive through to cash a check. The teller was a lady that I know very well from my days as the manager at the store. She has waited on me a million times. I put the check in the slot. She retrieved it and looked at it and kept looking up at me. She finally walked away and came back. She said "I am sorry maam, but you will have to send your mom in to cash the check. We wont be able to do it for you." I said "What the heck are you talking about. Its my check, why does my mother need to come in. She said "Are you Agnes' daughter? I said no I am Agnes! She told me to wait just one moment. She went and got the bank manager, who thank god knows me well. She came to the window laughing and said "I apologize Agnes. The teller thought you were your daughter trying to cash your check. She didnt recognize you. YOu look fantastic!

Between my weight loss and I have grown out my hair and ot a completely new style, she thought I was my daughter!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

Everybody keep on plugging away at this thing. Days like this really make it worth it!!target.gif

I LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing! what a great feeling!

Hey Happy and Healthy that is GREAT! I love it! I too travel alot for work and right now I am on my pre-op diet. Any tips for the business traveling woman? What kind of things do you eat for lunches and dinners? Do you find what you need or do you hit the grocery stores? Does your band tighten when you fly? Sorry..but Im 11 days from my new life and I know that I will be on the road soon after Im banded. Thanks for all your input in advance!

This may be a really stupid question, but what is NSV? 001_huh.gif

that is adorable, I want someone to say that to me!!!!!

I've never seen NSV before, it's great!! thanks for such a fun post.

Wow, that's GREAT!!!

(Amanda, NSV = Non scale Victory)

Thanks for the explanation Cakegirl. And a huge congrats to Healthy and Happy. I can't imagine how great that had to feel.

I think the people at my kids Taekwondo class thought I was crazy, but your post made me laught so hard. I love your NSV I think is the best one I've read so far. Thanks for sharing.

That is terrific. Thanks for sharing!

Same thing happened to me today. I had a student graduating and her sister who had dropped out 6 months ago was at her graduation. She said to me "You look so different, why?" I laughed and said it's that 50 pounds I lost most likely!!!!

This is great...I got yelled out for going in the staff entrance of an office at school yesterday...She thought I was a student. I really had to laugh at that one, especially beings I have been working there for 7 years!

these are GREAT...I probably won't get things like that..unfortunately at 55, my skin is going to show my age more, the more weight I lose.

You will too......I am 55, my face looked like I had swallowed a basketball. But as I have lost the weight my face has really slimmed down but didn't sag. Exercise and a good moisturizer is the trick.....well and alittle makeup. I work at a Cosmetology school and we do microderm cheap. That helps keep the skin smooth and light therapy keeps it tight. Find one that does Esthetics and go for it.

these are GREAT...I probably won't get things like that..unfortunately at 55, my skin is going to show my age more, the more weight I lose.