Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded yesterday morning at 11 am. So far the pain has been very manageable and haven't had too much of the "gas pains". My hubs drove me to town today and I got my mani/pedi then went to the store and walked around for 30 minutes buying some more "liquids" to get through the week. So far, so good! Can some of you please tell me what all you ate during the 1st week post-op - mine calls for liquids only.

Thanks!

I cheated a little bit by making egg drop Soup. There's some packages in the asian Isle of the grocery store and they make about 3 cups, I'd eat a little less than a cup for lunch or dinner. Like Ale above I also had broth and Protein shakes.

Dan

I was banded on the 6th. I've been doing Protein Drink from Bolthouse Farms and apple juice and Water. I'm vegetarian so don't do Jello but I found really cool 3oz cups of juice gels. Sooo yummy!

I've only been allowed 3oz at a time so far. I should be able to go to purée tomorrow. I already made squash Soup and potatoe soup and mashed avocado and black bean soup. I put them all in little portioned freezer containers.

im on Clear Liquids for 3 more days, chicken broth, beef broth, Vitamin Water. Try the hot apple cidar next to the hot cocoa mix. it is really yummy and helps with the pain. I have not been hungry at all since my surgery day before yesterday. mainly just stomach cramps from the gas. I am very glad we are in minimal pain, I have read some posts where it was excrutiaing (spelling?) Hope you have a great weekend, this is one time where we can say "its all downhill from here" and be happy about it.

Thank you all so much for all your information! I am still SO swollen around my stomach area. All my incisions are up right under my breasts and my whole abdomen is swollen like crazy. Any idea how long that will continue? The pain is still very manageable. I took only one pill yesterday and none so far today. I'm going to go to the store and walk walk walk as much as possible to try and get the gases out and hopefully help circulation for the swelling to subside.

Thanks again for all your help!!

Mom, I was banded on 11/28 and I think I started to turn the corner 5 days later on 12/3 but definitely felt better one week post op. My incisions were oozing, painful to the touch, itchy and the flesh around them was bruised and tender. Here I am 12 days later and it's so much better. It's somewhat disappointing for me that I don't feel my band much at all. I think I have some restriction but not enough to keep me from adding on pounds. Hope this helps?

BTW- I've lost 11 lbs so far. Woo Hoo!