Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok!! Is Anyone 100% Happy W/ The Lap Band?? And Successful

AWWW so sweet!!! Well with much research on here and I found a great explanation on you tube

to be exact I want it now!!! Makes sense to me. I her also that it is reversible worst case scenario. I am going to my surgeon's on wednesday and I am talking it over with him. He said he would be ready in December to start the procedure and that is when I am scheduled. THANKS for the encouragement and CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!

Dear SkinnyMiniMe-

Do the plication too, and name your band "Knowy Will".Because I Knowy Will make you lose a lot of weight!I had this done and I have lost 37 lbs in 10 weeks.Plication keeps your band from slipping and will help you lose weight even after you may experience some stretching out of your stomach after about 1-2 years.I am not hungry a lot and the plication in my opinion is an excellent addition to the lap band procedure because it is done at the same time.Do your research on this and you will find that peorple who get band+plication lose weight similarly to Gastric bypass patients.:-)

Brian:

Read this thread and stay strong:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/137863-i-backed-out-of-my-surgery/page__hl__backed+surgery

Thanks Guys! With 2 days to go before my surgery I was really starting to freak out. I was sitting here debating making the phone call that cancels my surgery. I am reassured that if I follow the plan and play by the rules that the results will be well worth it.

Brian

Surgery scheduled for 11/14/2011

Brian:

Read this thread and stay strong:

http://www.lapbandta..._backed+surgery

Thanks SkinnyMiniMe. I read the thread and do feel a lot more assured. There is a lot of negativity on the board, but I have to believe that the majority of complications and failures are from people not following the program.

36 hours away from surgery!

Brian

Brian I wish you luck, follow your doctors orders and focus on the positive. That is what I plan to do. I like reading the threads and having inspriational friends! Let us know how you do and good luck!

Thanks SkinnyMiniMe. I read the thread and do feel a lot more assured. There is a lot of negativity on the board, but I have to believe that the majority of complications and failures are from people not following the program.

36 hours away from surgery!

Brian

Best decision I've made. I'm losing and feeling so much better already. I'm 100% off my meds. That alone made it worth it to me.

I agree with Elcee. Banding will teach you to eat healthy..it will become a way of life! I kwow someone how had several complications after the by-pass surgery and had to have a couple more operations to fix things.

Very Very happy with my band. I hit onderland this am for the first time in 18yrs. I was banded 8-26-10 and I am down 137lbs with about 28lbs to go. It has been hard work but so worth it!!

Very Very happy with my band. I hit onderland this am for the first time in 18yrs. I was banded 8-26-10 and I am down 137lbs with about 28lbs to go. It has been hard work but so worth it!!

great news well done :)

I had my band placed June 5th of 2008. I went from about 340 to 280 and then crept back up to 311.

I increased my walking from 2 miles a day to 2.6.

The band cost me $7,500. in Mexico.

I am in Thailand and did the verticle sleeve here on my birthday the 26th. cost $3,800.

I always felt hungry on the band, no full feeling only obstructed. After awhile yiou will give up and start eating ice creams cream Soups ect, Don't do the band if money is a problem.

Your correct there has been much more success with the sleeve.

Yes I did what I was suppose to do, Critics here want tgo support the band,

but truly you will be making the wrong choice.

If you "Follow the rules" you will be successful on any diet.

Hi Everyone,

I have set my date for March 7th, 2012 - I want to know what makes your band so successful? The eating? The fills? Are you all out exercising like crazy from the start? I cant even walk to the mailbox without something hurting - Please share how you have gotten to your goals .

I weighed 400 lbs when i started this journey, I am 57 yrs old and everything hurt too believe me, but i started slow and steady, i did strength training and dumbells sitting down while i watched tv, i absolutely followed a healthy eating plan, i made the effort to move more and slowly it became easier each day, you have to be of a mind set that one step at a time is still better than no steps at all, once the weight starting dropping off i increased my exercise, i am still not a walker, but i use my bike to burn calories now, i still do strength training and this keeps the weight coming off. I dont consider myself as 'on a diet' what i eat now is what my body needs, not what my brain wants, the band helps me to reduce my portion sizes and helps me not feel hungry in between meals. 11 months banded, i wouldnt change a thing !.

My Aunt got the band about three years ago. Some of her friends elected to get the sleeve instead. A few of these "sleeved" friends successfully lost weight to begin with, but have now started to regain weight due to stretching of the sleeve. She, on the other hand, has hit goal weight and remains within 10 lbs of her goal (either way) at all times.

Countless surveys and studies have put the sleeve as vastly superior to the band.

Not just some pip chiming in about Auntie Goey Goo pudding lost weight.

There are also not very many long term studies of the success of the sleeve. It has not been widely used as a stand alone procedure prior to the past couple of years. Most people who have the sleeve have probably not been sleeved for more than 2 - 3 years.

Once the long term results are in it will be easier to make a judgement.