Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok!! Is Anyone 100% Happy W/ The Lap Band?? And Successful

I am extremely happy. Ive lost about 44 pounds in 3.5 months so far(almost 50% of what I need to lose). Hopefully the band and plication holds up over the years though. The real test for me will be minimum complications 5 to 6 years out when it seems lap bands can start failing. So far I am doing well with the diet and program etc.

For those who have not been banded yet, let me suggest going to "verticalsleevetalk.com".

There is a forum for those who have had a revision from lapband to vsg.

Read those experiances before making your decision.

Countless surveys and studies have put the sleeve as vastly superior to the band.

Not just some pip chiming in about Auntie Goey Goo pudding lost weight.

I believe the original poster was asking about others opinions in regards to the sleeve vs. band. What exactly are you contributing to this conversation?

:)) I know I am newly banded but, so far so good!!! I love my band and have lost 21 pounds so far...I can't wait to see what happens on the rest of my journey!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have set my date for March 7th, 2012 - I want to know what makes your band so successful? The eating? The fills? Are you all out exercising like crazy from the start? I cant even walk to the mailbox without something hurting - Please share how you have gotten to your goals .

Ok, going to see if I can put my experience in words for you as to why I think I have been successful with my band. I will preface by telling you I was 262 lbs on June 8, 2010 when I was banded; since then I have lost roughly 100 lbs and had a Tummy Tuck this past August. I am thrilled with both my new size 10 body and to have the ability to buy my undies and bras at Victoria's Secret (among other things)

The band not only takes away the ability to overeat, but when I am eating I am mindful of the size of my portions and what is takes to fill me up. I am not a stickler to my new lifestyle. I still enjoy my ice cream (on occasion) and some chocolate (a small amount daily). My band also gives me the ability to say no to bread, or to only have a half a roll

My band and I are successful because I knew it was time to lose weight and I needed the help I knew my band could give me

I am happy, healthier and thinner

I had lap band surgery on April 28, 2011. As of today, I have lost 112 pounds. I walk six miles five times a week, do not drink alcohol and am following the program correctly. I am eating very little carbohydrates and am eating a high Protein diet. I take a Multivitamin twice a day, along with a Calcium supplement. My surgeon gave me a fill on October 18 because I told him I was getting hungry about one hour from my next meal. I believe my fill is working. I do feel full quicker than before my fil. I am very happy with the band. I do recommend it. I have read alot of stories on here about people gaining weight. Unless they have a medical issue; if they are following the program correctly, they should not be gaining weight. It is a total lifestyle change, you must get rid of your old habits, follow the rules and exercise. I walk from 4-6AM five days a week because I have to be at work at 7:15. I don't want to walk in the evening. One year ago I never would have done this but now, I am hooked on the walking. I am a believer in the program and the lap band. I take it one day at a time. If you follow the "rules;" as my surgeon calls them, you will be successfull. But the rules also apply when you reach your goal. Once the goal is reached, you can't go back to eating the way you did prior to surgery. You must exercise.

I must say, you Sir, are doing great! I, also, have no regrets, a few problems, but would never have lost 100 lbs without the band. I am one that gets bored with dieting. The lapband makes it easier to stay on track. Goodluck to everyone! Karen

So glad I started my day here today. Banded Sept 23 have lost 45 lbs. 001_smile.gif Would not have lost without the help of the band. Had decided NEVER to diet again because everytime I do I gain it back plus more. Was afraid if I dieted again I would be 300 + next go round. So no more diets. Just changing my bad habits. For the rest of my life.

I'm only about 5 weeks out from my surgery but I am 100% happy I made this decision over the others. I, too, know someone with the sleeve and while she has loss an incredible amount of weight, she too has spent the last 7 months extremely ill and regrets her decision. No, that's probably not typical and all surgeries have risks, but there is no turning back with her. I liked the fact that LB was non invasive and reversible. Good luck to you! :)

I have been looking at the Sleeve & the Band. it seems more people are happy w/ the sleeve than the band! I fell like the band could help you be more in control!!

PLEASE HELP!!

I have been looking at the Sleeve & the Band. it seems more people are happy w/ the sleeve than the band! I fell like the band could help you be more in control!!

PLEASE HELP!!

20 months,112 lbs gone,normal bmi,still losing- total exhilaration with lapband!

Only 8 weeks out from surgery but as of right now I am 100% happy. As of this morning I am 41 lbs down.

I was banded on Aug. 12th, 2009. I love my lapband and it makes me accountable. You have to work with your lapband. It's a tool to help you succeed. Hope this helps you.

I am SO SO SO happy with my band. Was banded 10/28/11 by Dr Ortiz in Tijuana (the most amazing dr in the world) No problems whatsoever. Followed my 3 week liquid diet militantly, also did 2 weeks of liquids before surgery (this was the hardest part of the whole thing.) I haven't had a fill yet, going back down next month for a fill and follow up, but I'm down 43 pounds. It's amazing to get full on so much less food. I don't eat like a trucker anymore, and then look around for seconds!! I also had a hernia and esophogeal adhesions, which the dr also fixed. I had been feeling badly for years, breathing probs that had always been diagnosed as asthma by US doctors. Felt better the minute I woke up from surgery. Been breathing better, I can walk and climb the stairs without getting as out of breath. I have about 80 more lbs till i'm at my goal, but I know I will get there.

It's definitely worth it. It will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself. It's Xmas and I haven't gained 1 pound.

Iam 110% Happy w/ my band. The doctor actually recommended I NOT have a fill at my last appointment because I'm losing weight too fast!! Totally unheard of before my band!