Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok!! Is Anyone 100% Happy W/ The Lap Band?? And Successful

100% happy with my band. I am able to make some small behavior changes permanently and the band does the rest. I think the sleeve is for people who have a little more of the "fat/crazy" which I think we all have some of. I still want to eat when I am not hungry etc but I was never one to sit and binge on ice cream and cry about my life. I think if the crazy part is pretty strong a person may need the sleeve. But if you still have a little bit of sanity in there to make some changes, the band is probably better.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, my theory about the "fat/crazy" voice in our heads is just that, my theory.

Wow! Getting my band next week. You all are so encouraging...thank you!!! So happy I made this decision!

Wow! Getting my band next week. You all are so encouraging...thank you!!! So happy I made this decision!

good luck with the band

100% happy with the band 182lbs lost in 12 months so far ..

good luck with the band

100% happy with the band 182lbs lost in 12 months so far ..

Thanks Cazzy. Congratulations on your success!

I have been looking at the Sleeve & the Band. it seems more people are happy w/ the sleeve than the band! I fell like the band could help you be more in control!!

PLEASE HELP!!

I had lap band surgery on April 28, 2011. As of today, I have lost 112 pounds. I walk six miles five times a week, do not drink alcohol and am following the program correctly. I am eating very little carbohydrates and am eating a high Protein diet. I take a Multivitamin twice a day, along with a Calcium supplement. My surgeon gave me a fill on October 18 because I told him I was getting hungry about one hour from my next meal. I believe my fill is working. I do feel full quicker than before my fil. I am very happy with the band. I do recommend it. I have read alot of stories on here about people gaining weight. Unless they have a medical issue; if they are following the program correctly, they should not be gaining weight. It is a total lifestyle change, you must get rid of your old habits, follow the rules and exercise. I walk from 4-6AM five days a week because I have to be at work at 7:15. I don't want to walk in the evening. One year ago I never would have done this but now, I am hooked on the walking. I am a believer in the program and the lap band. I take it one day at a time. If you follow the "rules;" as my surgeon calls them, you will be successfull. But the rules also apply when you reach your goal. Once the goal is reached, you can't go back to eating the way you did prior to surgery. You must exercise.

your story is so amazing!! I bet your whole life has changed? what are you doing now that you could not do before?

you have lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. congratualtions!!

do you have any loose skin trouble? I started exercising in August hoping that would help. just had my surgery on 10/28. now I am walking, all I can do right now!!

100 % happy, you bet! I would not have gotten this far without it. I am down 114 pounds in 6 months with 30 left to goal. It has slowed down, but as long as I use my tool right it will come off. good luck with whatever you do.

WELL SAID, THANK YOU!!!!

I had lap band surgery on April 28, 2011. As of today, I have lost 112 pounds. I walk six miles five times a week, do not drink alcohol and am following the program correctly. I am eating very little carbohydrates and am eating a high Protein diet. I take a Multivitamin twice a day, along with a Calcium supplement. My surgeon gave me a fill on October 18 because I told him I was getting hungry about one hour from my next meal. I believe my fill is working. I do feel full quicker than before my fil. I am very happy with the band. I do recommend it. I have read alot of stories on here about people gaining weight. Unless they have a medical issue; if they are following the program correctly, they should not be gaining weight. It is a total lifestyle change, you must get rid of your old habits, follow the rules and exercise. I walk from 4-6AM five days a week because I have to be at work at 7:15. I don't want to walk in the evening. One year ago I never would have done this but now, I am hooked on the walking. I am a believer in the program and the lap band. I take it one day at a time. If you follow the "rules;" as my surgeon calls them, you will be successfull. But the rules also apply when you reach your goal. Once the goal is reached, you can't go back to eating the way you did prior to surgery. You must exercise.

100% happy with the band.

WOW!!! Thanks for the inspiration everyone. I am convinced that this will be the best I am going to do for myself. After the seminar for me the clear choice is the Lapband. My surgeon is only beginning to do the Pilcation with Lapband and that may be another alternative when I meet with him again. I am not totally convinced on the Pilcation yet so regardless the Lapand is a definite. I have hope that it will work lol...in fact I plan on naming my band "Hopey Will" LOL Knowing that I have to lose over 100 lbs is always mentally the hardest part about getting in shape. Never getting to my goal and gaining back the weight WILL "hopefully" will be a thing of the past and I "Will" live my best life in my new body!!! :) SOOO Looking forward to it. Good Luck everyone!!! :D

100% happy and I consider myself successful - I have 20lbs to go but if I didn't lose anymore and stayed at my weight I would be satisfied. I do not have any regrets. I have not had any problems, the few times that I "vomited" were of my own doing - meaning I overate, ate too fast or ate something that just didn't go down well. I will admit that I do miss being able to eat anything/huge amounts/anytime of the day but that is all the mental part of my food addiction that is getting better.

Dear SkinnyMiniMe-

Do the plication too, and name your band "Knowy Will".Becasue I Knowy Will make you lose a lot of weight!I had this done and I have lost 37 lbs in 10 weeks.Plication keeps your band from slipping and will help you lose weight even after you may experience some stretching out of your stomach after about 1-2 years.I am not hungry a lot and the plication in my opinion is an excellent addition to the lap band procedure because it is done at the same time.Do your research on this and you will find that peorple who get band+plication lose weight similarly to Gastric bypass patients.:-)

Dear SkinnyMiniMe-

Do the plication too, and name your band "Knowy Will".Becasue I Knowy Will make you lose a lot of weight!I had this done and I have lost 37 lbs in 10 weeks.Plication keeps your band from slipping and will help you lose weight even after you may experience some stretching out of your stomach after about 1-2 years.I am not hungry a lot and the plication in my opinion is an excellent addition to the lap band procedure because it is done at the same time.Do your research on this and you will find that peorple who get band+plication lose weight similarly to Gastric bypass patients.:-)

Dear SkinnyMiniMe-

Do the plication too, and name your band "Knowy Will".Because I Knowy Will make you lose a lot of weight!I had this done and I have lost 37 lbs in 10 weeks.Plication keeps your band from slipping and will help you lose weight even after you may experience some stretching out of your stomach after about 1-2 years.I am not hungry a lot and the plication in my opinion is an excellent addition to the lap band procedure because it is done at the same time.Do your research on this and you will find that peorple who get band+plication lose weight similarly to Gastric bypass patients.:-)

Oops...computer glitch.I didn't mean for this to post 3x.

Thanks Guys! With 2 days to go before my surgery I was really starting to freak out. I was sitting here debating making the phone call that cancels my surgery. I am reassured that if I follow the plan and play by the rules that the results will be well worth it.

Brian

Surgery scheduled for 11/14/2011