Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 10/15 It was fast (my hubby says) hospital staff was great, released same day. Few uncomfortable days w gas up in shouldern neck. Got a Chinese back massage one wk in and it was great. Heating blanket helped a lot w gas. Now I'm able to sleep on my left side for a bit, but mostly I have to stay on my back. My main issue is that my main incision right below wat used to b a really cute bellybutton, itches like I don't know wat!!!! Went to my wound Ck app. Had to b ckd by nurse cause doc wasn't available. She said it all looks good except for my skin irritation cause by scratching Nd rubbing ( I can't help it much cause I do most damage sleeping) so she said to put benadryl itch cream. It brings sweet relief for bout an hour then it's back to the unbearable itch :/ anybody went through this???? I haven't seen 1 comment bout this yet. I'm in the great mushy food stage chewing till my jaw hurts. Can't really tolerate the Protein Shakes but I'm gonna get better at it. So itchy. And my neck hurts from laying on my back. Almost forgot, I'm 289. Stated prep liquid 10/1 at 308. Yeiiiii Praying it continues to go down. In a few weeks, 1st fill, scared bout pain then too.

Banded 10/15 It was fast (my hubby says) hospital staff was great, released same day. Few uncomfortable days w gas up in shouldern neck. Got a Chinese back massage one wk in and it was great. Heating blanket helped a lot w gas. Now I'm able to sleep on my left side for a bit, but mostly I have to stay on my back. My main issue is that my main incision right below wat used to b a really cute bellybutton, itches like I don't know wat!!!! Went to my wound Ck app. Had to b ckd by nurse cause doc wasn't available. She said it all looks good except for my skin irritation cause by scratching Nd rubbing ( I can't help it much cause I do most damage sleeping) so she said to put benadryl itch cream. It brings sweet relief for bout an hour then it's back to the unbearable itch :/ anybody went through this???? I haven't seen 1 comment bout this yet. I'm in the great mushy food stage chewing till my jaw hurts. Can't really tolerate the Protein Shakes but I'm gonna get better at it. So itchy. And my neck hurts from laying on my back. Almost forgot, I'm 289. Stated prep liquid 10/1 at 308. Yeiiiii Praying it continues to go down. In a few weeks, 1st fill, scared bout pain then too.

Congrats! I was banded on 10/19. I too am very itchy. They used steri-strips on me, and I think it's the glue from the strips that are making me itch. You're so lucky to be on mushies!! I have to wait 17 days! 10 days to go.. I can't sleep on my stomach yet either. Great job on your weight loss so far:) What ate you eating for mushies?

I've had scrambled eggs w feta cheese in it, turkey pattie, mashed potatoes Nd a chicken drumstick in Tomato sauce. Within 2 days. Not much, but it's all been yummy and chewed to dust!!! Lol

I was very recently banded, OCTOBER 25TH! I am struggling with pain and what not right now.... and dang i want a shower! LOL

and yes... my signature is a T-rex running through a field of mushrooms....its so epic LOL!

I was very recently banded, OCTOBER 25TH! I am struggling with pain and what not right now.... and dang i want a shower! LOL

and yes... my signature is a T-rex running through a field of mushrooms....its so epic LOL!

Call your Dr. for NEW MEDS., because these are not working ! No sense in suffering.

Cover the cuts with zip loc baggies, and Water proor surgical tape.

It worked for me.

I was banded October 19th and thought the time would never come to be able to have anything other than Clear liquids. I went for my follow-up visit today and the nurse said I could have mashed potatoes as well as the full liquids!! Woohoo! You know I ran right over to Publix and bought some! I have never been so excited about mashed potatoes! I also got some creamy Soups and some cottage cheese. I need to go get some Protein shakes (not liking the taste of the powder mixed with either Water or milk). I will be making a trip to the store this weekend.

I have not really had any problems with gas pain; however, because I had an umbilical hernia repair, I have had more pain in that area. I went back to work yesterday and I can say that by the time I come home I am exhausted and my tummy is sore. I dropped the class I was taking since I cannot seem to concentrate to get the work done. I start over with the class on November 15th; I am looking forward to the next two weeks of not having to study, research, and write papers.

I hope everyone here heals quickly and beautifully and wish everyone the best.

Debora

weight.png

I was banded yesterday. The surgery went really smoothly. I was a little nauseous after surgery but once they gave me the meds I was good. I've been up walking a lot more and tthat is helping too. I'm ready to get healed and get on with life!

I was banded on the 17th. The surgery went well and I am healing quickly. I had gas pains for a couple of days after surgery, but the gasex and codeine took care of that pain very quickly. Amazingly, the surgical scars didn't hurt at all, although I can feel the port, it doesn't hurt. Had a major problem with Constipation and my family doctor sorted that out yesterday (what a saint!). What a difference a day makes, I feel like normal again and nothing hurts (yeah!). I'm on mushy food (had a poached egg and a small amount of mashed potato for breakfast). I'm managing to eat 700 to 800 calories of food per day but I'm not all that hungry. The Jugo juice Protein Shakes are awesome, but I could only manage to drink about half of one of them. My goal is to take up scuba diving again, like in about 6 months (as I was not comfortable doing it at my current weight) and do some major hikes in our nearby Rocky Mountains, next summer. Also I would like to rejoin Masters Swim Club (something I did for years, but as I got larger, I stopped going) by next spring. I think that is enough goals for one day.

Hi! I was (still am) really struggling with the Protein, however, if you go to the Lapband.com websight there are some really YUMMY recipies for protien shakes on there. I actually really like my shakes with some of these recipies. Also I found some Unflavored Protein stuff that you can add to anything. I even add it to my Poweraid and Soup broth, kind of makes it a funny color but you cant taste it! Hope that helps

I was banded October 19th and thought the time would never come to be able to have anything other than Clear Liquids. I went for my follow-up visit today and the nurse said I could have mashed potatoes as well as the full liquids!! Woohoo! You know I ran right over to Publix and bought some! I have never been so excited about mashed potatoes! I also got some creamy Soups and some cottage cheese. I need to go get some Protein Shakes (not liking the taste of the powder mixed with either Water or milk). I will be making a trip to the store this weekend.

I have not really had any problems with gas pain; however, because I had an umbilical hernia repair, I have had more pain in that area. I went back to work yesterday and I can say that by the time I come home I am exhausted and my tummy is sore. I dropped the class I was taking since I cannot seem to concentrate to get the work done. I start over with the class on November 15th; I am looking forward to the next two weeks of not having to study, research, and write papers.

I hope everyone here heals quickly and beautifully and wish everyone the best.

Debora

weight.png

Hi fellow bandsters,

I was banded on Oct 20. I am in my second day of pureed foods. I wondering wether I am getting enough calories in (see my menu from yesterday). I only hit 375 calories. I also was only able to get 1 17 oz bottle of Water down. It is not that I am hungry, but I don't think it is healthy with that little amount of calories. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I have lost 26 pounds in 3 weeks (17 of it was during pre surgery liquid diet) . How many calories are you all getting in at this stage?

Breakfast

3 oz pureed egg salad with ff miracle whip 150 cal 12 Protein

lunch

2.5 oz pureed tuna with FF miracle whip 50 cal 13 protein

1 oz of pureed egg salad with FF whip 50 cal 6 protein

dinner

2.5 oz pureed tuna with FF whip 50 cal 13 protein

snack

1/4 cup of cottage cheese 45 cal 6.5 prot

total 375 cal 50.5 gr protein.

thanks for your help

Banded Oct 25th and I can say since day of banding - I feel overall GOODsmile.gif. I don't know if it was the excitement of a new life beginning or the long wait till I was finally was banded but the pain had been minimal and bearablewink.gif. I've been dealing with gas and the ever so famous shoulder pains. With 3 children and husband this also keep me from focusing on the pain. I say to all - it will get better - keep a positive outlook and know this pain too shall pass. rolleyes.gif

I can't believe how good I feel this morning. This is only my 3rd day post op and not alot of pain. I am so happy to start this new journey.

Hey - I was banded on Wednesday, doc repaired a haital hernia as well and I was hurtin yesterday, but better today. One day there will be so many of us that

they'll be making and marketing delicious Protein Shakes and gourmet meals for banders!

Hey - I was banded on Wednesday, doc repaired a haital hernia as well and I was hurtin yesterday, but better today. One day there will be so many of us that

they'll be making and marketing delicious Protein Shakes and gourmet meals for banders!

The Delicious shakes are already available:

Cookies N Creme

vanilla Creme

strawberry Milkshake

chocolate Milk

Chocolate Peanut Butter

and more.

Go to AllSterHealth.com and look up Muscle Milk Light in Powder form. "YOU ADD 2 SCOOPS TO 8 OZ. WATER."

The Price is EXCELLENT , and shipping is $5.95 for whatever you order 1 or 101 still $5.95.

Check it out, and hope you like what you see. That's where I shop.