Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you remember I was banded on Oct.14th. I have had diarreah for 4 days now so i called Dr's office today. I have lost 13 lbs. But I haven't progressed off of Clear Liquids except one day. I went back to the clear liquids because of my problem. I feel pretty good ( well maybe a little weak) besides the diarreah. I have to go tomorrow morning and get a test for c-diff. I won't know till Monday. I am praying it isn't that! I read a little bit on the internet but none of it was good! Anyone know anything personally about it? Any info would make me feel better. I am trying very hard not to get dehydrated.

Randi

I'm here. Surgery on Thursday went well. I remember very little. 5 incisions. No hernia. Sore but no gas pain so far. I did have to spend the night in the hospital in ICU because of my sleep apenia and low blood oxygen. That was the hardest part of the surgery. Now for the really hard part, losing the weight. My surgeon is very serious about follow up. I have to see her and the nutritionist once a month for a year and commit to losing 2 pounds a week.

Looking forward to continuing this journey with all of you!

I'm here. Surgery on Thursday went well. I remember very little. 5 incisions. No hernia. Sore but no gas pain so far. I did have to spend the night in the hospital in ICU because of my sleep apenia and low blood oxygen. That was the hardest part of the surgery. Now for the really hard part, losing the weight. My surgeon is very serious about follow up. I have to see her and the nutritionist once a month for a year and commit to losing 2 pounds a week.

Looking forward to continuing this journey with all of you!

You know your really lucky for all that support from your doctor and nutritionist for the weight loss. I wish mine was like that. As of today im 7 days out and Im feeling pretty darn good. No problems..Thank Goodness. Im back to work and taking it pretty easy.

Had my surgery this moring. Have been up and around a few times...drinking some broth and propel Water. Have NOT had much pain, other than feeling tired, and feeling like I was kicked in the stomach! LOL Have not had any issues with gas, shoulder pain, or any of the other commen ailments. :-) Hope it stays that way!

Welcome to the other side..

Also known as the Losing side.

Congrats... , and glad to hear your doing O.K....

Shirley.;)

If you remember I was banded on Oct.14th. I have had diarreah for 4 days now so i called Dr's office today. I have lost 13 lbs. But I haven't progressed off of Clear Liquids except one day. I went back to the clear liquids because of my problem. I feel pretty good ( well maybe a little weak) besides the diarreah. I have to go tomorrow morning and get a test for c-diff. I won't know till Monday. I am praying it isn't that! I read a little bit on the internet but none of it was good! Anyone know anything personally about it? Any info would make me feel better. I am trying very hard not to get dehydrated.

Randi

I was banded on the 12th and had a few days of diarrhea , once I started going, when I was 4 days post op. For me, I think it was the whey Protein I was adding to my carnation drinks. I stopped it and the loose stools stopped. Good luck!

I was banded yesterday!!! The gas pain in my chest, shoulders and back are gone! Thank God!! Today my stomach is sore! It's mainly the port incision that hurts! I'm seeing that some of ya'll are or had the same pain?! Right? Mine is hard and super tender? Anyway, I think I'm doing pretty good, I'm just happy to be on my way!

You know your really lucky for all that support from your doctor and nutritionist for the weight loss. I wish mine was like that. As of today im 7 days out and Im feeling pretty darn good. No problems..Thank Goodness. Im back to work and taking it pretty easy.

Yes. They actually gave me a card that has to be completed each month with the daye of the appt, weight, fill, etc

Glad you are feeling good and are able to return to work. I was able to take STD and have 2 weeks off of work.

I was banded on Oct. 18 and feel really good today. The only problem I am having is that my calves are hurting to touch them, not sure what that is all about.

Please call your surgeon's office as soon as possible. The nurse told me that pain in the calves is a sign of blood clots; call your surgeon's office or the ER and tell them the situation and get their advice. Better safe than sorry!!

Debora

weight.png

I was originally supposed to be banded on Monday, October 17th but there were circumstances that kept the doctor running late and had to postpone my surgery until Wednesday, October 19th. I had to be at the hospital at the un-Godly hour of 5:15 a.m. I had the band surgery and an umbilical hernia repair done within two hours. The doctor kept me overnight (not restful at all) and was not released until about 5:00 pm Thursday. I sleep so good at home! I have had some gas pressure, not really pain. I have more pain from the umbilical hernia sight than any of the others. I have had the healing itch all over my stomach though and it drives me batty. I am finding it hard to get all of my fluids in since I always feel full. I started this journey in July 2010 when I first mentioned that I wanted this procedure to my doctor. My insurance requires one year of work: lose 10% of my weight, psychological counseling, and weight management class. I started out at 300 and got down to 262 when we turned in my paperwork to my insurance company. They took about a week and a half to approve me for the procedure. I was scheduled for October 17th so I started my pre-op diet on October 3. I lost 11 more pounds on the pre-op diet so I went in to the surgery at 251. My first visit to my surgeon's office is scheduled for this coming Thursday and I am looking forward to being advanced to full liquids so I can have creamy Soups. It feels really weird not to actually "eat" anything. I don't own a scale so I will not weigh in until I go for my doctor visit on Thursday.

Debora

weight.png

Hello Everyone! I was banded on Oct 19th. Feeling much better as the days go by, minimal pain right now, but experiencing tons of gas. I am having to pretty much force fluids down, I am drinking al the Protein and fluids I am required to do, but I have no desire to eat. Its an interesting feeling. Hope this gas goes away soon, I'm planning on going back to Work on Monday, could be quite embarrasing!

Hi October bandsters! I get banded Fri the 28th. I slipped up a little on the liquid prep diet! I lost 7 lbs but ate a couple times. I'm totally committed now though. Had a rough patch w family and went back to my trusty friend...food. Back on track and ready now! Thankful for this forum.

Today is Day 9 of my Post Op. I have to go to work on Day 11 Post Op and I'm dreading it. No one knows I've had the surgery and I have a ton of work waiting for me. For the most part, I feel like I've healed well. I still have back aches, throat swelling, and stomach swelling. I anticipate that it will take the total four weeks of Post Op recovery until I feel 100%.

Good morning all,

I am feeling great. I met with my Dr.last Friday & she said I can get my 1st fill next week. She will do 2 to 3cc fill on Friday & it will be 3 weeks post op for me. I am super excited.

At this time I am hungry & can eat normal. I am looking forward to some restriction.