Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my surgery on the 14th and I feel okay. I have been doing plenty of walking. the gas pains are not unmanageable, I can feel them build up, although they do hurt when it comes out but only a bit. I am on thicker liquids protien shakes, Tomato Soup seems to be pretty good with a little of spice and seasoning. Im constantly sipping on Water. I dont really know how many calories im drinking but I dont thinks its much at all. My belly does feel pretty bloated still and YES the second day was the worst pain EVER...but it gets better. So Im 5 days post op and feeling tired and achy from sleeping on my back but I just keep thinking that I want my clothes to fall off of my body...real soon...that is what is keeping me going...

Im back to work today also, and I wish I was not..Im still tired and feel like Im dragging but..Im already here just going to finish my day at the office...somehow..

Hello October Bandsters. I thought I would start us a post-op group now that we are getting ready to start out second week of banders. I know we are all going to do GREAT. We will all be loosers this month!!!! If you are having a bad day dont hold it in. This is where we can let it out. If we stick together we will go far. We can do this ladys and gents. I know we can. Set a goal for yourself and let everyone know what it is so we can help each other meet that goal.

My goal is to walk/run a 5k by one year post op. I hope to meet that before then but I am not going to pressure myself to meet a goal that is not realistic. I know myself and if I set goals I cant meet I will give up.

Good luck to all of you.

I was just banded on the 17th, I am still feeling sore and adjusting to the gas and trying to just sip my liquids. any suggestions!!??

Linda,

Gas X, digestive tea (or something with sena that people generally take when they have bad constipation) and prune juice (you can get them in cans or glass bottles in any store) really helped me. Hope some of this works for you. It definitely gets easier. Hang in there...

I'm on Day 6 of Post-Op and my wife is getting banded this evening. It's going to be an interesting household...

So far, I think things are going okay for me. I'm dreading going back to work next week. Hopefully I'll feel better by then. No one I work with knows about the surgery.

Back pain continues to be my biggest challenge. I think it's gas related as it typically happens after liquid "meals". Just got some liquid Tylenol and that's helping. I'm not a fan of the Hydrocodone the doctor has given me - it makes me feel spacey. I've also been taking Gas-X since Day 1 as well as using a heating pad.

I'm getting my one-week check up from my Doctor tonight. I'm interested in how she feels I'm progressing.

I'd like to join with my thanks to everybodycontributing to this site. It'sproving to be an enormous moral support to me. (I got banded on Oct 15). You are right – since I discovered ityesterday I check it like my Facebook account. I feels very reassuring and calming to me to know that thereare all these wonderful people out there going through the same thing I'm goingthrough and providing honest feedback and detailed advice on all these issueswe are experiencing. Without you Iwould have no clue where to turn for advice (assuming I would even feel comfortabletalking about it).

Million thanksto the site creator and everyone contributing to it…

I know its great right. Anytime I have a question, I look at the boards and if I cant find what I need, I start a topic. Best luck and ttyl

Just talked with my Doctor. She said I was healing very well. This felt good to hear because I wasn't sure how I was progressing.

I no longer have to wear a 4"x4" bandage over my belly button (where my primary incision was) and the overall swelling in my stomach is set to subside over the next week or two.

My wife is having her Lapband surgery as I write this. I admit to being a tad nervous, but I know everything will go well.

Glad things have gone well for you. I had a lot of swelling in my stomach and, for some reason, my arms. But it all subsided in a few days.

Hi, thank goodness for this board! Makes me feel so much better reading everyone's experiences so I can relate. I had surgery Oct. 14th. Came home Saturday on full liquids. My one incision hurts worse than the others, it feels like a bee stinging when I roll over or bend over. Other than that the pain is manageable. I had severe diareah yesterday but that has subsided...Thank Goodness!!!! I am looking forwardvto getting to know all of you better and to share our successes and also our low points.

Randi

Good Luck on your banding. I had my band done October 10th and Im down 8lb since the banding still on soft foods and a total of 11 lbs since I started this journey August 25th my seminar. Love most all the positive feed back I have heard here on Lapbandtalk. Keep me posted on your surgury and best of luck. Mine went pretty well. Little sore still a week and half later *the port site seems to be the most tender*. Keep up the positive thought and you'll be fine. Hope to hear updates from you :)

Can't wait to join you all here. 11 days.

Good Luck on your banding. I had my band done October 10th and Im down 8lb since the banding still on soft foods and a total of 11 lbs since I started this journey August 25th my seminar. Love most all the positive feed back I have heard here on Lapbandtalk. Keep me posted on your surgury and best of luck. Mine went pretty well. Little sore still a week and half later *the port site seems to be the most tender*. Keep up the positive thought and you'll be fine. Hope to hear updates from you :)

looking forward to posting here as well! 17 days!!!

Hi Raniscan I had my band on October 10th and had all the same feelings as you too when I came home the large incision site *Portsite* was extreamly sensitive. Felt like someone had a large branding Iron pressing on my inside OR an entire behive stinging you at one time. After a week and half still find it pretty sensitive hurts after sleep and laying still for a while but each day more improvements. I have had a total of 8lbs lost since I had surgury. Eating soft foods and doing ok definately have some constriction even though not had fill yet, but from the swelling from surgury. Good luck on your journey and hope to hear from you. :)

Hi, thank goodness for this board! Makes me feel so much better reading everyone's experiences so I can relate. I had surgery Oct. 14th. Came home Saturday on full liquids. My one incision hurts worse than the others, it feels like a bee stinging when I roll over or bend over. Other than that the pain is manageable. I had severe diareah yesterday but that has subsided...Thank Goodness!!!! I am looking forwardvto getting to know all of you better and to share our successes and also our low points.

Randi

Had my lapband october 10th, not far behind you. I have lost total of 11 lbs since I started this journey. Surgury went well and healing pretty quick. Just a little tender still at the portsite. Look forward to keeping up with you during this journey. Hope to hear from you as you reach your goals.

Glad things have gone well for you. I had a lot of swelling in my stomach and, for some reason, my arms. But it all subsided in a few days.

I had my post-op visit with my surgeon. He said everything is healing well. He also said I've lost 14 lbs since I started on this journey on Oct 6. I had surgery Oct 12. So I'm really happy. Now I'm trying to eat soft foods slowly. It's really hard for me to eat slowly, but I'm really trying. I need a timer to help me eat slowly. My doctor said I would be able to eat solid foods by Nov 3. I'm going on a cruise then and I really need to figure this eating slowly.

What do you guys think? Should I be able to eat solids by Nov 3?

Have a great day!

Cyndy

Hey everyone! It seems everyone is doing well which is awesome. I was banded on October 14th and I weighed 276 and now I'm about 270. Started at 284. So yay 14 pounds! The past few days I've been having really bad diarrhea I'm honestly so sick of the Protein Shakes, I think its what is making me sick. I am lactose intolerant and I use lactose free milk with the shakes, so I have no idea why...but after drinking it I just feel blah. I get to eat tomorrow some mushies. I'm a vegetarian but I can say that eating oatmeal eggs and yogurt is going to be so much better than what I'm dealing with now.

I thought I was done with the diareah but it decided to rear it's ugly head today. Ugh! I have lost about 9 lbs. Since Oct. 13. Weighed 259 and now 250. Today with this diareah I am thinking oh, what did I do to myself but I know that inthe future (hopefully near) I will be happy. Anyone else feel that way?