Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I purchased something called Flatout Flat bread Light and the Flatbread crisps yesterday at Publix. I plan to use it with hummas. Yay!

need2lose, I am eating closer to a cup at meals and am struggling to get in my calories each day. My weight loss continues right along so I am happy with it. Not having hunger between meals, just that dreaded head hunger in the late afternoon.

I purchased something called Flatout Flat bread Light and the Flatbread crisps yesterday at Publix. I plan to use it with hummas. Yay!

need2lose, I am eating closer to a cup at meals and am struggling to get in my calories each day. My weight loss continues right along so I am happy with it. Not having hunger between meals, just that dreaded head hunger in the late afternoon.

MMM, that sounds good!!!

Ok, so i'm not alone here. I'm also eating around a cup and then i just stop myself because i know i can probably eat more but i'm not hungry anymore. I have to start this practice now before i get my first fill in order to avoid any problems. I get the head hunger mostly in the evenings when i'm watching tv. It's tough!!

What i'm struggling a bit with is getting all 60g of Protein i need in one day.

Need2Lose2-

One way I get some Protein in is the Knudsen on the go 2% milkfat lowfat cottage cheese. They are individual 4 oz. cups, 90 cal, 6 carbs, 3 grams fat and 12 grams of protein. A lot of protein in only 4 oz :) Also, I eat 4 oz. chicken salad (I use the swanson's brand) and there is 18 grams of protein there.

I'm having problems because I'm hungry all the time. I could easily eat just as much as I did before my band, and I'm working really hard not to gain back what I've already lost so I'm being really disciplined. I wish I could describe what it is I feel, but I'm not quite sure I can put it in words. It's kinda like I'm hungry (and no, it's not head hunger - I'm really hungery), but I feel "swollen" and bloated. Anyone else feel like that?

I think I've got a couple of problems

- First, I have always had a glass of something to drink in my hands at all times. Getting my fluids has never been a problem, and still is not. The down side of that is, I don't know how to eat without drinking. I'm afraid that the food I'm eating is going right through the pouch. This is so second nature to me, that I catch myself doing it even while I'm trying to be conscious of it. It's easier at home, because I just don't put a glass near when I eat. This is not an option for me at work, as I eat at my desk

- Second, I'm not eating enough Protein

- Third, I'm eating way too fast, again it's happening even when I try to control it

If anyone has any ideas on how I can get a handle on this, I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions! I only hope being conscious of this will help me in the long run.

The Flat Out bread sounds luscious, but I'm not allowed carbs yet. Only Protein, veggies and some fruits - all pureed. So no potatoes, corn, peas, butternut squash, breads, rice, etc.

I forget when I get to add those in. My pureed chicken is getting tiring.

Today has been hard - a bit down. I don't think it's the surgery unless it's the 'I can't do all I want' syndrome. On the plus side - I'm still loosing weight - another three pounds. Most of my clothes are very baggy and I think I'm a bit embarrassed to be seen in public.

I have class tomorrow - maybe that will get me out of my funky place.

One week since surgery! I thought I would be feeling much better but not really what I was expecting. I did way too much today and is suffering cause my left side hurts to move! I have progressed to pureed food. What a wonderful feeling not to be on only liquids. I don't know if everyone else experiences this, but anytime I eat something I have to burp and I mean burp--loud and long.

On the positive side between the one week pre-op diet and the week after surgery on liquids as of yesterday I am down 16 lbs---Yeah!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I had surgery on 9/26 and finally feel sort of normal. I just read every post I think :). I have to say I was hating life by day three but do find some comfort reading that I was not the only one. The post about it being difficult to cook for the family definitely hit home.

I think I've got a couple of problems

- First, I have always had a glass of something to drink in my hands at all times. Getting my fluids has never been a problem, and still is not. The down side of that is, I don't know how to eat without drinking. I'm afraid that the food I'm eating is going right through the pouch. This is so second nature to me, that I catch myself doing it even while I'm trying to be conscious of it. It's easier at home, because I just don't put a glass near when I eat. This is not an option for me at work, as I eat at my desk

- Second, I'm not eating enough Protein

- Third, I'm eating way too fast, again it's happening even when I try to control it

If anyone has any ideas on how I can get a handle on this, I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions! I only hope being conscious of this will help me in the long run.

Hiya Pugs,

What stage of food are you at? I have become a pro at hitting my protein count (I am hitting between 70-80 per day), and I rarely use a Protein Shake to get there (my nutritionist said they are sliders, as in, won't stick with you long, so the less of your calories and protein you consume in liquid form, the longer you will remain full). At this point, I am maybe having 1-2 shakes a week, and that's just if I am on the run because of a hectic day at work.

So what I am doing is a lot of lunchmeat. For example, I have been picking up sliced turkey and chicken at Trader Joe's. Three oz of turkey, which I had for lunch today at 1pm, is 90 cal / 1g fat / 3g carbs / 18g protein. That plus 4 oz of cottage cheese (90 cal / 2g fat / 4g carbs / 14g protein) kept me full for 4-5 hours without any trouble at all. One meal like that per day gets you halfway to where you need to be with protein... and getting the other half is easy.

The trick to staying full, for me, is really steering clear of liquid as much as possible. Now that I am cleared for soft foods (I am 5 weeks post-OP), I am drinking very little except Water or a coffee in the morning. The rest of my calories come from things that need to be eaten, and those are the things that fill my tummy for a good long stretch.

Hope it helps you!

-Kat

I was a little nervous because Im 8 days out and 20lbs down. My Dr assures me it's fine and not to worry. :blink: My incisions are a little sore, especially by my port! How are all of my fellow Sept Bandsters feeling? I'm a little tired. Cant wait to have more Protein in my diet.

MuffinTop Moxy's Blog

weight.png

Hi Sept bandsters

Been gone with my hubby up in the mountains. I did good! I did have a problem - I drove a lot and the first night I got out of our Tahoe and when bending just a little the port area really hurt and felt like it was kinked against my ribs. Ever since the skin under the port area is red. Today when we were leaving to come home it had snowed 6 inches overnight at our motel....I was jumping out to take photos and at one stop at a creek/waterfalls I went to step up on a rock and found I can't do that with my left leg because it causes that pain at the port. Think I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow. The skin under the port incision is still red and very warm.

I hate the scale, I am not sure why I have lost nothing for 9 days. I doing everything and not cheating and I'm eating no more than 20 carbs per day. I measure everything!! My Protein and Fluid counts are good - not sure what's going on since i started this stall. I can tell I'm losing inches though. Check when I got home and I'm still in ketosis but no weight loss.

Good to hear how good others are doing. Donnie, keep up the good work!

Hi Everyone,

3 weeks post op and I am feeling pretty good.

I am addicted to chewing gum - my doctor told me to avoid it because 1) it causes gas and 2) swallowing gum is bad and can get stuck. Well, at 49 I know better! I stopped swallowing gum as a child or so I thought! Yup, I swallowed a gum yesterday - so far, besides feeling stupid - I feel fine. I guess since I don't have a fill the gum must have just slipped through. Just thought I'd share!

Happy Friday everyone.

I got my band on 29th Sept and got the staples, which were holding me together! out today. I'm definately feeling better every day and the lack of staples is a bonus, they were quite irritating. My wounds seem fine but still tender, especially the larger one hiding the port. I am starting to graduate from liquids to solids gradually now and have been told to be on solids by day 14. I think the unusual thing for me is not drinking while eating. For lunch today I prepared 2 crispbreads with sliced chicken and a little sweet chilli sauce. First of all, it tasted magical after eating Soup non stop for a while but I didn't manage to eat even one of them. Although I don't have a fill yet I could feel it all getting a little stuck, not as in really stuck where the band is, just difficult getting something which is so dry, down. I had to give up and felt fine a few minutes later so not a stuck episode just a dry, need to drink episode so I'll need to adjust the dryness of what I'm eating most probably. I still find sitting upright quite uncomfortable and as I write this, I can feel the dull pain in my left side but other than that, I'm feeling great and looking forward to finding out what the world of eating is like for a bandaleer! Hope everyone is doing great!

Hi Everyone,

3 weeks post op and I am feeling pretty good.

I am addicted to chewing gum - my doctor told me to avoid it because 1) it causes gas and 2) swallowing gum is bad and can get stuck. Well, at 49 I know better! I stopped swallowing gum as a child or so I thought! Yup, I swallowed a gum yesterday - so far, besides feeling stupid - I feel fine. I guess since I don't have a fill the gum must have just slipped through. Just thought I'd share!

Happy Friday everyone.

I, too, am a chronic gum chewer. What i do now is just eat a 1/2 a piece instead of a whole one. That way if it's accidentally swallowed, there's a better chance it'll go through. I also take it out when i'm talking on the phone and having long conversations cuz that's when there's a danger of swallowing. I actually did swallow a small piece of gum while i was drinking (forgot it was there).........DUH! Was really nervous for a bit but things were fine so i assume it just went down.

Hey everyone. Its been a little while since i've posted. My appetite has returned but it takes such a small amount to fill me up-usually a 1/4 cup. Last night i had FF refried Beans with cheesw on top.....mmmmm it was perfect! Tonight im having this ricotta bake thing. Basically ricotta with marinara and mozz on top baked. The family is having spaghetti. I can now do soft foods so i will be progressing to things like scrambled eggs, cot cheese, canned fruit. Still have pain in my port. I am loving banded life and not regretting it one bit!

J

Banded 9/22

Hi, though I am completely happy about the surgery , my incision site with the port was inflammed too.

It happened 4 days after the surgery, didn't hurt, but there was some redness which grew up to the size of a man's palm. I got scared as it was penetrating wound, not a superficial where you can do a lot simply irrigating it.

But few days on the shocking dose of antibiotics did it.

Banded 9/22 and back at work today. Shoulder pain is still there. I have been ok today at work. YET AGAIN I am not getting in my liquids or Protein :( i am so freakin worried about my port incision. I thought it was infected, talked to the PA who said it wasnt based on what i was describing. I work with 2 nurses and both of them looked at it. One immediately said no its fine and the other said maybe. AAAHHH! I go to the dr tmrw. I am SO hungry. Still on liquids and i better get promoted to purees tomorrow because i may be single AND unemployed if i continue on liquids bc i am gettig a bit crabby. What i wouldnt do for a jar of baby food right now! Haha. I really hope my port isnt infected. Fingers crossed.

J

Banded 9/22