Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my PO day 21 -- that is three weeks since surgery.

My weight loss has slowed down a little, now that I'm eating mushies, and my appetite has returned. I'm not starving, but I'm more hungry than in the past. So far, so good! I've lost over 15 llbs since the pre-op diet,and over 30 lbs down from my high point in the spring. I'm happy with this rate. My PA told me that a healthy loss is 1-2 lbs per week. You don't want to loose too quickly, or it is might be more difficult to keep the weight off. I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN, so this sounds like good advice.

I have been trying to eat mindfully, eat smaller portions, and still eat healthy. This evening, I had some tuna salad (made with lo-fat mayo), some baba ganoush, steamed and pureed squash, and a peeled plum. I am using a smaller plate for my meals, so the two spoonfuls or so of each item looks bigger. I'm trying very hard to develop a healthier relationship with food!!!!

I'm off to watch the Yankees!

Lisa in NYC

Lucky you .. I have 4 more days of liquid -- then 3 weeks of mushies - so it's 6 weeks post op before I get to eat again. Seems like a real long time!

I agree. I got very frustrated when i was weighing myself every day and decided to weigh myself once a week from then on. It's much more gratifying when you do it that way.

How much longer do you have to be on liquids, wannabe? I was banded on the 19th and today i go to mushies.

So I made the trek over to the Sept 2010 banders forum - searched for plateau. I read several posts about stalling around week 3 to 6 weeks out from post-op. I even read about plateaus later like 4-6-8 months down the road too. Hey, it happens on ever diet. We are all in this together - and will get thru it to the other side. I think I was so excited about the 14 lbs I lost in the first 14 days - I thought it would at least keep going better than a stall.

Anyone in a stall right now......be sure to keep your food -fluids-exercise records so that when you have a weight drop - look back on what you were doing - then post and let us know. All our bodies are different and they are adjusting so we may all get out of the plateaus differently. Hopefully sharing our experiences can possibly help someone else to kick start their weight loss out of the stall.

I'm going to SIP< SIP< SIP< SIP< Happy SIPPING!

Marebeth, thanks for looking into that! It is frustrating but nice to know how much they all have lost (I looked at their site too) and they survived been at a stand still at some point :). It seems like I have seen the same 193 lbs smiling at me from the scale for 3 days now but it is better than the 220 that was looking at me when I started, lol. Patience..... I don't know if you are keeping a food log/journal but www.myfitnesspal.com is a huge help! They have a super easy log and an app for the phone too so you can use it on the go :) Thanks again!

Dawn

What're you all eating for your meals???

For Breakfast I am liking plain cream of wheat with milk and a little sugar free vanilla caramel coffee Creamer in it, lunch I usually eat 2oz lunchmeat and either a yogurt or cottage cheese, and dinner I like chicken salad and mashed sweet potatoes. Today I had for lunch I had a Gorton's grilled tilapia piece and it was only 80 cal, 3 gr fat and 14 gr of protein!!! I was surprised it had that much. Anyways, a few of the things I have been eating lately. Oh yeah, I snack on the mini babybel light cheese's. What are some of your favorites?

Today is my PO day 21 -- that is three weeks since surgery.

My weight loss has slowed down a little, now that I'm eating mushies, and my appetite has returned. I'm not starving, but I'm more hungry than in the past. So far, so good! I've lost over 15 llbs since the pre-op diet,and over 30 lbs down from my high point in the spring. I'm happy with this rate. My PA told me that a healthy loss is 1-2 lbs per week. You don't want to loose too quickly, or it is might be more difficult to keep the weight off. I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN, so this sounds like good advice.

I have been trying to eat mindfully, eat smaller portions, and still eat healthy. This evening, I had some tuna salad (made with lo-fat mayo), some baba ganoush, steamed and pureed squash, and a peeled plum. I am using a smaller plate for my meals, so the two spoonfuls or so of each item looks bigger. I'm trying very hard to develop a healthier relationship with food!!!!

I'm off to watch the Yankees!

Lisa in NYC

I hear ya about not doing this again! Today was 3 weeks post-op for me too! Have fun watching the Yankees :)

For Breakfast I am liking plain cream of wheat with milk and a little sugar free vanilla caramel coffee creamer in it, lunch I usually eat 2oz lunchmeat and either a yogurt or cottage cheese, and dinner I like chicken salad and mashed sweet potatoes. Today I had for lunch I had a Gorton's grilled tilapia piece and it was only 80 cal, 3 gr fat and 14 gr of protein!!! I was surprised it had that much. Anyways, a few of the things I have been eating lately. Oh yeah, I snack on the mini babybel light cheese's. What are some of your favorites?

I like eggs, cheese, cooked veggies, chicken (poached), oatmeal. I still have to have Protein shake for one meal but the other 2 are mushies. Today was my first day and i have to admit, i went a little crazy.........overate. I had scrambled eggs for lunch with cheese and soft broccoli on the side. Then for dinner, i put cottage cheese in a bowl, poured marinara on top and sprinkied mozzarella cheese on top of that.......warmed it up and it was like a Pasta dish without the pasta!

I don't like deli meat much nor can i stand the thought of pureed meat. Don't eat fish at all. Doesn't leave much for me to eat, does it?

I just dream of the day I look at the scale and see 193!!! Haven't been under 200 since I got married 13 yrs ago. I got to 302 and now at 237 so I am glad with the loss. My first fill is at 2 months post op - so Nov 13. I figure if I can get used to this now and lose, then getting a fill will be different and I hope help. I am on pureed foods for another 9 days then soft mashed for 2 weeks then on to regular food. Yes I need to pick up my exercise and I will the more stronger I get.

I do keep a food journal - all handwritten on forms. I will check that website out. I bought some new KetoneStix and tonight it said I am in moderate ketosis. That's why I am not getting the stall but I know it will drop. Lord knows my body has been patient with me to finally lose, now I get to be patient with my body while it decides how fast or slow it wants to go. LOL

Another test - next two days my hubby wants me to go hunting with him in the mountains - there's suppose to be a rain and snow storm! I'm packing up the Protein mix and drinks - taking a few Soups already pureed, ready to heat and eat. Good thing is I will be off the scale for 2 days!!

I'll check back in in a few days - Happy Sipping

Marebeth, thanks for looking into that! It is frustrating but nice to know how much they all have lost (I looked at their site too) and they survived been at a stand still at some point :). It seems like I have seen the same 193 lbs smiling at me from the scale for 3 days now but it is better than the 220 that was looking at me when I started, lol. Patience..... I don't know if you are keeping a food log/journal but www.myfitnesspal.com is a huge help! They have a super easy log and an app for the phone too so you can use it on the go :) Thanks again!

Dawn

I like eggs, cheese, cooked veggies, chicken (poached), oatmeal. I still have to have Protein shake for one meal but the other 2 are mushies. Today was my first day and i have to admit, i went a little crazy.........overate. I had scrambled eggs for lunch with cheese and soft broccoli on the side. Then for dinner, i put cottage cheese in a bowl, poured marinara on top and sprinkied mozzarella cheese on top of that.......warmed it up and it was like a Pasta dish without the pasta!

I don't like deli meat much nor can i stand the thought of pureed meat. Don't eat fish at all. Doesn't leave much for me to eat, does it?

Yeah, that doesn't leave much, lol. There is no way I will puree meat either. The thought of drinking meat is not appealing at all! My dr told me I could have lunchmeat since it is soft so that is the way I eat meat and the canned chicken too. I don't really care for fish but it is so high in Protein I am going to try to like it, lol. I figure maybe I could find some recipes that may be good. We will see. My hubby doesn't really care for fish either but I told him we are going to try. We lived in Maine for 3 years and that was the only time we like fish becuase it was so fresh it wasn't 'fishy' at all. This weekend was opening of lobster season so my hubby went and he caught 13 lobsters. He only brought 2 home and we cooked them but the house stunk so bad I remembered why I don't care for fish. I am going to try though......

Anyone run into this?

I had surgery on the 19th. Normal recovery, but suddenly this weekend, I started having really bad gas pains, and all day yesterday, I burped, burbed, burbed to the point of painful (very embarrassing at work too!).

Even after eating dinner last night. I finally decided to try a gasx strip to see if that would help. That calmed my stomache enough to sleep, but then I woke up hungry as can be at 3am and of course since my tummy was empty that seemed to cause more gas pain. I didn't sleep the rest of the night (I've now woken up 2 nights in a row at 3am and been starving. I haven't eaten anything different, just transitioning to real food but high Protein, low carb. I'm not sure what's up with that.

I can't wait until the first fill......

Anyone run into this?

I had surgery on the 19th. Normal recovery, but suddenly this weekend, I started having really bad gas pains, and all day yesterday, I burped, burbed, burbed to the point of painful (very embarrassing at work too!).

Even after eating dinner last night. I finally decided to try a gasx strip to see if that would help. That calmed my stomache enough to sleep, but then I woke up hungry as can be at 3am and of course since my tummy was empty that seemed to cause more gas pain. I didn't sleep the rest of the night (I've now woken up 2 nights in a row at 3am and been starving. I haven't eaten anything different, just transitioning to real food but high Protein, low carb. I'm not sure what's up with that.

I can't wait until the first fill......

Yes - it happened to me Sunday night when I went to bed. All of a sudden I felt like someone was stabbing me in the stomach it hurt so bad. I was up most of the night, and still managed to get up at 5am to get to work. I tried to be careful what I ate yesterday, and went for a walk once I got home, and I've been ok since.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel! I had my appt with nutrition today and I get to move to Stage 4 foods!!! yayy so excited! I cant wait for lunch now! Hope everyone else is doing well also! I've lost 16lbs since my last weigh in 3 weeks ago!

I got a new toy which I hope will help me do 2 things - 1) Get my food choices and quantities on track, & 2) Start and then increase my activity level. For any of you tech geeks (I freely admit I'm one), it's pretty cool. It's a Fitbit activity tracker, and the best description I've heard of it is a pedometer on sterioids. It somehow knows the difference between stairs and steps, and tells you your activity in steps, miles, and floors up. The cool thing is you can log your food intake into it, and it keeps track of your calorie consumption vs. expeditures, & it recommends calorie levels to eat. It also tracks your weight, heart rate, sleep patterns, blood pressure, and blood glucose too, and it can really pinpoint what works best for you. It also links to the LoseIt or MyFitnessPal App for smart phones (Iphone or Android), so you can manage it from your phone. It's a bit pricey at $99, but that includes the web interface which gives you all kinds of cool statistics on all of this. You do have to log into the web to track food and other statistics, but your activity is automatically uploaded every time you get within 15 ft of the base unit.

This has helped me refocus my attention on what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. It's got me back on track with my eating, and I hope seeing the statistics laid out in front of me will keep me honest to myself. I'd recommend this to anyone that likes "toys" and "gadgets" to help keep you focused.

I got a new toy which I hope will help me do 2 things - 1) Get my food choices and quantities on track, & 2) Start and then increase my activity level. For any of you tech geeks (I freely admit I'm one), it's pretty cool. It's a Fitbit activity tracker, and the best description I've heard of it is a pedometer on sterioids. It somehow knows the difference between stairs and steps, and tells you your activity in steps, miles, and floors up. The cool thing is you can log your food intake into it, and it keeps track of your calorie consumption vs. expeditures, & it recommends calorie levels to eat. It also tracks your weight, heart rate, sleep patterns, blood pressure, and blood glucose too, and it can really pinpoint what works best for you. It also links to the LoseIt or MyFitnessPal App for smart phones (Iphone or Android), so you can manage it from your phone. It's a bit pricey at $99, but that includes the web interface which gives you all kinds of cool statistics on all of this. You do have to log into the web to track food and other statistics, but your activity is automatically uploaded every time you get within 15 ft of the base unit.

This has helped me refocus my attention on what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. It's got me back on track with my eating, and I hope seeing the statistics laid out in front of me will keep me honest to myself. I'd recommend this to anyone that likes "toys" and "gadgets" to help keep you focused.

I have the BodyBugg sp which is really great for keeping me on track and motivated!

Also comes with a food log online and access through smartphones!

lots of fun!

just not using it right now since i'm day 5 post-op

I heard about it before and it sounds amazing. $99 is quite an expense but from what you described, it seems to be worth it. I'll put it on my wish list. Thanks.

Yeah, that doesn't leave much, lol. There is no way I will puree meat either. The thought of drinking meat is not appealing at all! My dr told me I could have lunchmeat since it is soft so that is the way I eat meat and the canned chicken too. I don't really care for fish but it is so high in Protein I am going to try to like it, lol. I figure maybe I could find some recipes that may be good. We will see. My hubby doesn't really care for fish either but I told him we are going to try. We lived in Maine for 3 years and that was the only time we like fish becuase it was so fresh it wasn't 'fishy' at all. This weekend was opening of lobster season so my hubby went and he caught 13 lobsters. He only brought 2 home and we cooked them but the house stunk so bad I remembered why I don't care for fish. I am going to try though......

Will try and have lots of chicken, cottage cheese, eggs on hand. I'm not finding myself getting full when i should be. The nutritionist said to eat 1/2 cup of food at a time but i'm totally filling up my plate.......trying to leave some over though.