Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Hi, I'm getting banded on October 17th and starting week 2 of the Protein Shake and veggie diet (minor slip up yesterday, had small portion of turkey (it is Thanksgiving in Canada!) instead of a Protein shake. It sure was hard cooking an entire Thanksgiving meal and not eating any of it. The Protein Shakes are starting to taste okay now, but I am looking forward not having to drink these things!

And so it begins. I had my pre-admission tests at the surgery center this morning. They took blood, urine, and a chest x-ray. I've also started my two week liquid diet now and I am looking forward to surgery on the 25th. My wife took my "before" photos and measurements last night. All of my post op supplies and food are in place and I will continue to exercise to see how much weight I can drop pre-op. I do need to get some slippers :)

D

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on here.. Im getting banded on October 17th.. I've been looking forward to this for almost a whole year now...well.. I've been overweight for what seems like forever.. but only started considering the lap band about a year ago. My father had lapband about 2 or 3 years ago and has been very successful.

I started my preop diet about 4 weeks ago. This consists of a Protein Shake for Breakfast, a Protein shake for lunch, actual protein for dinner with veggies... and fruits in between for snacking.. i also allow myself one sugar free italian ice at night. My surgeon thought it was a good idea to start the diet right away and Im glad I did because Ive already lost almost 15 pounds and am very motivated to do this! This Saturday and Sunday I will be on ALL liquids since its the two days before surgery. Im NOT looking forward to that... But I do have my mom coming this Friday, she will stay with me for a week. She is the one that helped my dad when he had his surgery so she is well versed on how to take care of me. I look forward to that.. but Im still a little nervous...

Not so much nervous about actually having the surgery..more nervous about everything that follows after surgery.. Will I be able to do this? Will I succeed?

I've been reading a little in this thread and saw people discussing who they've told about their surgery and not wanting to tell too many people etc... I've told EVERYONE. Im even blogging about all of this and I post my blog on my Facebook page for all to see. Including some unflattering before pictures in a bathing suit.. Yeah, I know.. I must have had a temporary lapse in judgement the day I posted those :-)

Anyways, here's my blog link for those that are interested..: bettiethederp.tumblr.com

I am going to try and be active on this board.. I've never really been a message board kind of person... but I've been on this site for weeks now just lurking.. so I think maybe it's time I start to become that person ;-)

I guess I should also give a little bit of info about me.. Im 27 female living in Orlando, FL with my husband and our two cats..

I am also scheduled on October 17th and I am really excited. Although now that it is so close, I have so much to do around the house that it is crazy. I have been trying to clean our house of all the unecessary stuff and getting it cleaned so I can enjoy the week home after my procedure. We will have to keep in touch and see how each other is doing. I am female also, 39 (40 in November), single-mom and live in Tallahassee, Florida.

weight.png

Hello, I'm getting banded on Oct. 19th and have already started the pre-op diet and I'm STARVING. I can't wait to be banded and finally start my life! :D

Hello! I am new here. I get my band on Oct 28th! Sooooo nervous and scared. I've done all the research and still have no idea what I am getting myself into!

so here I am, finally.. my surgery is October 18th and I am very excited. I am STARVING but it's ok, I'll keep to my 800-1000 calories a day.

Good luck to everyone.

and Good Luck to ME!

Surgery is tomorrow in the DFW area. I have a lot of emotions, happy, scared, nervous. Just to name a few. Good luck to all and if I don't update in the morning I'll do it when I get home from the surgery.

My surgery is tomorrow too, in the Boston area. Good luck to both of us!

I'm tomorrow at 7:30 in Portland Oregon!

Tell me about it!! I feel like there is so much to do before Monday and not enough time! Between making sure things are covered at my job and making sure things are covered at home..Im very stressed! We will get thru this!

I am also scheduled on October 17th and I am really excited. Although now that it is so close, I have so much to do around the house that it is crazy. I have been trying to clean our house of all the unecessary stuff and getting it cleaned so I can enjoy the week home after my procedure. We will have to keep in touch and see how each other is doing. I am female also, 39 (40 in November), single-mom and live in Tallahassee, Florida.

weight.png

I am scheduled for that day also! Good Luck!

Cristine

Good luck to you Cristine! :-) Where are you located?

Hi all,

I am on day 5 of a strict liquid diet (broths, liquids, 4 total servings of Protein Shakes, yogurt, low fat cream soups). I have been good. I have not cheated althought the opportunties of food being pushed in my face was happening all the time. I have lost about 10 pounds in the time frame. today, I started to feel real lathargic. i don't have a lot energy. I happen to be off of work today. However I have 2 twelve hour shifts coming up in the next two days so i am a little concerned. I also have 3 more 12 hr work shifts before surgery.

Good Luck to all you LOSERS ! LOL ! I love that thought of being a LOSER.

I went today and had a slight fill, just to take the edge of the HUNGER BEAST.

It worked, I will be swollen for a few days, so liquids, then mushies, and then try food.< /p>

See you all on the other side of the TRACKS.

Shirley.

Hi all

My surgery was at 2pm today. All went well and Dr fixed a hernia while in there. Hopefully that will fix most of my reflux issues as well.

I'm out of recovery into the step-down unit. Feel wiped out but not awful and not too much pain.

They will be starting me on 2tsp Water in about 90min. If it stays down I get to come home tonight, yay!

My surgery date is almost here! It is on Friday. I am a little nervous but more excited. My Dr. Has you stay in hospital overnight. Good luck to everyone else having it this month!!

Randi