Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do when your skinny (or thinner)

Oh I forgot to say I can't wait to sit in a booth at a restaurant. Everyone always wants to sit in a booth but has to sit at a table because I don't fit

I love this topic!! Here is my list:

1 - Cross my legs (properly)

2 - Wear a belt with a big buckle with a plain white t-shirt tucked in!

3 - Sit on an airplane and have enough room to put the tray table down and it not touch my thighs!!

WOW!! Making this list sooooooo motivated me!! :)

I LOVE this thread! Thanks for starting it. We need the positive inspiration sometimes.

I've been banded for over 2 years and maintaining for a long time, but will give the list that comes to mind with things I love about being at a normal BMI.

- I no longer have to accept the fact that I will just have to live with being a "big gal" or "the fat chick"

- I can get up in my husband's 4x4 truck without all the extra effort and the feeling like my big ol boobs are hitting my

chin or cutting off my airway.

- I can wear my beautiful wedding rings and could fit in my wedding dress. (I want to be buried in my wedding dress

when I die)

- I can cross my legs with ease and comfort.

- I can walk up stairs or a hill without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack.

- I can wear cute clothes.

- No more shopping in the fat old lady section/store.

- People treat me better (sad, but true)

- I can fit in the seats at the movies and even have extra room on each side.

- I feel better when having sex.

- I fit so much better behind the wheel when driving.

- I have tons of space between me and the table when sitting in a booth.

- No more snoring when I sleep.

- I can get in a comfy position better to sleep.< /p>

- I no longer avoid social situations.

Oh my gosh! I could go on forever! I love my band!

i want to take dance classes

wear heels

buy smaller sizes (i've already gone from a 20 to 16)

fold my legs close to my body and pull a shirt or sweater over them

not look like the zero in number 10 when i go out with a skinny guy

have smaller hips, butt & thighs

Oh I forgot one....to wear a bikini!! :)

I live by a Beach, So a Bathing suit would be nice.

Crossing my legs

Black Dress, and Red Dress

Sun Dresses

Most of all feeling better.

I think everyone that posted here covered almost everything that every one of us want to do! I must admit, reading all of the posts made me tear up because I related to all of you.

Here's my list:

I want to be able to stand up for longer than 5 minutes without feeling like my ankles are going to collapse.

I want to be able to carry my handicapped son from the car to the house without being so out of breath that I need to stop for a long "breather"

I want to be able to take my kids to the park or the dogs for a walk without hurting all over.

I want to look forward to doing outdoor activities of any kind and not dread them because I'm too fat.

I want to feel comfortable around my husband and feel sexy around him

I want to wear shorts and tank tops in the summer instead of pants (I live in Hell! [Texas])

What I want to do more than anything is just...live.

Your list made me cry, especially the part about carrying your handicapped son. I have a daughter with autism and I did this for her, because I want to be the best mommy she deserves, not a lazy, boring mommy. When this journey gets hard, when I have to pass up dessert, when I have to go on liquids for two days after a fill, I just look at my daughter and realize I can do anything for her! Congrats to both of us, to everyone doing the hard work to make our "skinny" list some true!!

I just want to wear cute skimpy clothes! That's it.

For me this journey has opened up my eyes to allow myself to dream and know that I can do it with time.

I would like to go ziplining.

Wear high heels and not feel like I am going to topple over

See my collar bones (Not scary thing just visiable)

Buy a few Ann Taylor clothes in a Med/Large because I feel that a few pieces would last a long time.

Get to the point that whenever I eat something like a yogurt ice cream with the kids that I dont have to worry that people are thinking that I shouldnt be eating that. Why I care I dont know.

My husband has always made me feel good about myself but I would like to plan a nice night out in a dress and have me take his breath away.

paint my toe nails without a struggle

No more rolls or muffin top when I wear jeans.

To actually enjoy wearing jeans and breath in them! Lol

To wear cute matching workout clothes without covering them up with a huge tshirt.

To wear a cute belt

To wear boots that can actually zip up past my calves.

To wear a cute swim suit

To wear a sexy black dress with stiletos (sp?)

To be more active with my kids

To have my diabetes in control without meds (which has happened already!) The main reason I had the surgery.

To live a healthly life with my family and live long enough to seemy girls grow up and have families of their own.

To no longer be considered chubby, heavy, obese, overweight.

To be in a normal range bmi.

My list......

BETTER SEX!......WOOT WOOT

enroll in that pole dancing/exercise class....that will probably help with the better sex thing....LOL LOL

get some racy pics done of myself and get one framed for my living room

go shopping at Fredericks of Hollywood and Victoria's Secret

be able to put my strappy stilettos on without having to have one of my girlfriends help me

NO SPANX!!!

no sucking it in

be able to wear cute, easy, comfortable clothes without having to worry about tucking this or hiding this

having more energy to play with my 5 year old son

NO JELLY ROLLS!!!

more energy

no more CPAP machine....it's definitely not sexy

feeling better about me and LIVING A HEALTHY LIFE!!

*I WANT TO BE ABLE TO WEAR COLOR CLOTHES INSTEAD OF ALL BLACK CLOTHES. EVERY COLOR IN MY CLOSET IS BLACK OR SOME SORT OF DARK BLUE I ALWAYS LOOK GOTHIC.

*ALSO I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PUT MY MAKEUP (MAC) ON AN LOOK PRETTY ALL DAY INSTEAD OF SWEATING IT ALL OFF 20MIN LATER. I HAVE A REALLY BIG ISSUE WITH MY BODY OVERHEATING AND SWEATING ITS EMBARRASSING HOW MUCH I SWEAT JUST FROM WALKING FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER

*ALSO WHEN I LOOSE THE WEIGHT IM GOING BACK TO MAGIC MOUNTAIN AND IM GETTING ON THE RIDE I COULDNT FIT ON AN HAD TO GET OFF :(

*TO TAKE A FULLY BODY PICTURE INSTEAD OF THE NECK UP

*TO HAVE SMALLER BREAST IM CURRENTLY AT 44G :angry: BAD BAD BACK PAINS

*TO BE ABLE TO STAND AND DO THE DISHES WITHOUT HAVING TO LEAN OVER ON THE COUNTER BECAUSE MY BACK HURTS

*IM GETTING BANDED ON SEPT 26TH AND I CANT WAIT....

GOD BLESS YOU ALL :) AND GOOD LUCK ON UR JOURNEYS

I want to

Be able to shop in regular stores and not in the plus size section

Wear sun dresses and sleeveless shirts when it hot out, and not have to wear a sweater over tanks to hide my largeness

I want to buy sexy matching bras and underwear.

I to have the realationship with my husband that I have always wanted but am to embarrassed too.

I want to be am to run

I want to be able to play with my kids without feeling like I'm gonna die.

I want to be in pictures instead of hideing when someone take out a camera.

I want to finally start living instead of hiding due to feeling so self consious

I probably could go on for a while but ..... but you get the idea !

I have met a lot of my goals, but still have a few left that I am working on. Today I hit one and that was to do a 5K without having to rest or stop half way through. I accomplished this one today with the walk from obesity walk.

In Oct. I am going to do a half marathon.

To go kayaking

white Water rafting

hiking a mountain...

I remember when my goal was just to be able to walk around the block without being winded!

Here is my list: 1. Buy my first pair of real high heeled shoes

2. Be the skinny sister

3. Not have to shop at specialty stores.

4. learn to ride a bike and roller skate.

5. do a chinese split.