Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do when your skinny (or thinner)

I

I cant wait to start taking pictures that are not just me from the neck up! I have soooo many pictures of nights out with my friends or vactions where I'm either not in the picture or hiding in the back of a group picture so someone can cover my body.

Oh, & shopping ofcourse! I cant wait to have options instead of the two "fat stores" in the mall.

I want to wear sexy lingerie for my hubby and feel comfortable in it!!

I want to wear sexy lingerie for my hubby and feel comfortable in it!!

Dance all night long

Look great in my son's wedding photos

Go off all my blood pressure medications

Be an active grandmother if my kids ever produce grandchildren

Live longer as a healthy weight person than I have as a morbidly obese one

Travel with my husband

Oh, and I forgot, I have a long held dream of completing the Great Victorian Bike Ride

here is one I have now experienced....feeling my hip bones!

I constantly put my hands on my hips now, because feeling those bones just doesn't feel right! I have not felt them since I was 24 or so.

The main thing I want to do, that nobody has mentioned yet, is to sit in a seat with my purse beside me, instead of putting it on my lap and hanging on to it for dear life so it doesn't slip off. Right after my surgery last year, I hung out at the mall with a friend who had been through lap-band surgery, and I noticed that she had her big old purse right beside her! I only had room in the chair for me. So I aspire to that.

I competed in my first triathlon last weekend and placed fifth in my division! Next, I'm training for a half marathon but I pretty much do things every day that I've always wanted to do. I also got scuba certified in June which was a huge thing on my life list. I also want to row crew and am kayaking for the first time this coming weekend.

Today, I bought a sequined dress for a party in a size 10 so, yeah, I'm excited!

Well, here's one "benefit" I never expected (nor wanted, I might add). At work I'm always the one who has to get into tight spaces in the back of the sports store room to get sporting equipment, in the resoure room to get a particular book, into a nasty old spidery shipping container we have on the school grounds in search of a forgotten resource, or slide my arm into dodgy spaces behind furniture and shelves to retrieve dropped things! I drew the line at shimmying under the 12 inch high outdoor stage to get one of my student's $1 coin though!

I competed in my first triathlon last weekend and placed fifth in my division! Next, I'm training for a half marathon but I pretty much do things every day that I've always wanted to do. I also got scuba certified in June which was a huge thing on my life list. I also want to row crew and am kayaking for the first time this coming weekend.

Today, I bought a sequined dress for a party in a size 10 so, yeah, I'm excited!

Wow! congratulations. Sporting achievements were huuuuuge for me, I bawled my eyes out as I crossed the finish line of my first 7.5km run - now I wouldnt even bother entering such a piddly distance, lol.

OMG, there are so many things I look forward to. Here are just few that come to mind:

• Sit in any kind of chair and not worry if I will fit in it and/or break it (breaking a chair is one of the worst feelings and super embarrasing).
  • Go to a theme park and ride all of the rides; not worrrying if I will fit or not.
  • Go shopping in the misses section!!!!
  • Feel sexy when nude in front of my husband.
  • Be comfortable wearing a swimsuit.
  • Fit into a regular innertube when floating down the river (I usually lay across it on my stomach so that it isn't so obvious that I don't fit).
  • Be able to wear a skirt or cute dress if I want to and not worry about my inner thighs being rubbed raw and misserable (I have even had them bleed before from being so raw).

Something that I have already accomplished is....... I can see my collar bones slightly and my ankles!!!! I hated how swollen my ankles got every day, and now I can see my bones in them. My knees and my ankles would always hurt when I would get up, especially when I had sat for a long time. I am already starting to feel amazing. Everyday is a new day, and I always look forward to the next.

Congrats to everyone on this amazing journey :)

OMG, there are so many things I look forward to. Here are just few that come to mind:

• Sit in any kind of chair and not worry if I will fit in it and/or break it (breaking a chair is one of the worst feelings and super embarrasing).
  • Go to a theme park and ride all of the rides; not worrrying if I will fit or not.
  • Go shopping in the misses section!!!!
  • Feel sexy when nude in front of my husband.
  • Be comfortable wearing a swimsuit.
  • Fit into a regular innertube when floating down the river (I usually lay across it on my stomach so that it isn't so obvious that I don't fit).
  • Be able to wear a skirt or cute dress if I want to and not worry about my inner thighs being rubbed raw and misserable (I have even had them bleed before from being so raw).

Something that I have already accomplished is....... I can see my collar bones slightly and my ankles!!!! I hated how swollen my ankles got every day, and now I can see my bones in them. My knees and my ankles would always hurt when I would get up, especially when I had sat for a long time. I am already starting to feel amazing. Everyday is a new day, and I always look forward to the next.

Congrats to everyone on this amazing journey :)

I think everyone that posted here covered almost everything that every one of us want to do! I must admit, reading all of the posts made me tear up because I related to all of you.

Here's my list:

I want to be able to stand up for longer than 5 minutes without feeling like my ankles are going to collapse.

I want to be able to carry my handicapped son from the car to the house without being so out of breath that I need to stop for a long "breather"

I want to be able to take my kids to the park or the dogs for a walk without hurting all over.

I want to look forward to doing outdoor activities of any kind and not dread them because I'm too fat.

I want to feel comfortable around my husband and feel sexy around him

I want to wear shorts and tank tops in the summer instead of pants (I live in Hell! [Texas])

What I want to do more than anything is just...live.

To wear a little black dress =)

I want to bungee jump cause I'm above the weight limit right now, ride a roller coaster again, never have to step foot in lane Bryant, not being stressed about fitting in an airplane seat, swim with the dolphins in a cute wetsuit, go swimming without being embarrassed, wear jeans, rollover in bed with ease. Omg I could go on and on!