Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost 12lbs, can't tell!

Don't be discouraged. I lost almost 45lbs before people started noticing. That was before lap band surgery. Of course I gained some of that back before surgery and now I am the lightest I have been in years and not a single person has said anything - except my hubby and my mom. (I've lost 20lbs. since pre-op diet - to take me to a total of 54lbs. Surgery was July 28/11).

I stalled right after going on solids and even gained 5 lbs. last week. Now TOM is here, that 5 lbs. has dropped off and I'm hoping to continue to go down! I joined Myfitnesspal.com last week to track calories - think it has been very helpful!

I didn't notice a huge change in clothing size either. I was wearing plus size 18's (tight at my highest) and now I am wearing regular size 16's (which is about a plus size 14).

And of course I lose weight in places like my ankles and wrists first, then my back.

Don't worry - slow and steady wins the race! Be the turtle if you have to! He got there too! In a year we will all be rejoicing as we look back on where we started and how far we have come!

I lost 40 before I could see any difference. I still don't think it's very obvious. No one really says anything. :blink:

How frustrating is this! I've lost 12 lbs and no one can tell, especially me!! (Except when I look at the scale) No one but my fiancee and his mom know that I have the lap band, I was too afraid to tell people in case I was one of 'those' that it didnt work for :unsure:

I was so excited thinking I would be able to fit into some of my smaller clothes, but not a single one!! Very depressing and irritaing.

I'm not a HUGE exerciser. I walk a mile to get my daughter to school everyday, pushing 2 babies in a stroller. But so far thats all I have been able to fit into my schedule. I know if I hopped on that towel rack of mine (the eliptical) I have in my bedroom, I would see a signifiacant difference, but yes, I can admit, I'm a lazy gal. :blink:

Anyone else not seeing a difference in wearing a different size clothing despite weightloss?

I know what you mean!!! I can't tell a difference in my clothes either, only in my face, my face is going to dissappear before I say and results in my waist! Hang in there, we have to!!

Ya, I always seem to lose first in my face and legs. Although I was asked if my boobs were getting smaller. haha Which is juuuuust fine with me! I'm hoping that there will be plastic surgery in my future. After 3 kids and 2 being back to back, lets just say I am no pin up model :P

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who is having to wait on a new wardrobe. I am wanting to add some eliptical time into my crazy schedule, and I know once I do, I will see better results. My BMI was on the lower side (36) but being so short (5'0) I am wanting to get down to 110 at least. I really couldnt even tell you when I weighed that little. I've always been a curvy girl with boobs and a butt. But after having babies, I've added the GUT to the boobs and butt. Before I got pregnant with my 2 babies, I dropped alot of weight and was 130-135. And it was a healthy 130-135. I had become a 3 mile a day runner and was in really good health. I, of course, was not happy with myself. My oldest was 6 years old and I had this 'mommy body'. But I knew that I looked WAAY better than I did when I was 30-60lbs heavier. Long story short, I'm just wondering if I will look emaciated being 110lbs, because really the 130-135 was small for me. :unsure:

Have lost 8 lbs with preop diet. No change in my scrubs yet but didn't expect it. Lost lot of weight 12 years ago on PhenFen and it took awhile to notice. But when I did I started pulling everything out of my closet and relized it was all feeling different. Hang in there. Also, exercise makes a bigger difference in the way things fit more then the weight loss. So.....I did a 10 minute victory dance this moring with the new weight loss. Good luck.

I started at 304 in April and seem to go down a size every 20 pounds. I have lost 107 and gone from a tight 26 to a 14! It will happen, I have 37 pounds to go to my goal and now wonder if I will wear a10. 30 years ago I finish High School wearing a 16 and got prego with my 1st son as an 18 so I am hitting new territory now. It is still hard to envision how I look and I have finally be able to walk by the plus size sections in stores, but in my mind........................

You have to loose some more weight. Its probably Water weight. That is the first that comes off. People didn't really start noticing my weighloss until I was -30lbs. Now that I am -44. I get compliments daily on how smaller I look. I suggest being more active. I have been banded for 3.5 months and have gone from a couch potatoe to exercising 4-5 times a week. I went from walking 0 miles to 4-6miles at a time, doing Zumba, cardio kickboxing, sculpting etc. Exercise is the key! It will take the weight off and have you looking MARVELOUS in no time!

30lbs?!??!?:blink: Ack! Thats crazy! Wonder why that is....it cant be Water weight can it?

You have to loose some more weight. Its probably Water weight. That is the first that comes off. People didn't really start noticing my weighloss until I was -30lbs. Now that I am -44. I get compliments daily on how smaller I look. I suggest being more active. I have been banded for 3.5 months and have gone from a couch potatoe to exercising 4-5 times a week. I went from walking 0 miles to 4-6miles at a time, doing Zumba, cardio kickboxing, sculpting etc. Exercise is the key! It will take the weight off and have you looking MARVELOUS in no time!

Thanks for the encouragement. I always hate the first part of actually GETTING UP and doing it! I have such low motivation it makes me sick. I thought that since I started off at 192 that losing 12lbs would be noticeable, but nope! Stupid Water weight!!:P

I started at 304 in April and seem to go down a size every 20 pounds. I have lost 107 and gone from a tight 26 to a 14! It will happen, I have 37 pounds to go to my goal and now wonder if I will wear a10. 30 years ago I finish High School wearing a 16 and got prego with my 1st son as an 18 so I am hitting new territory now. It is still hard to envision how I look and I have finally be able to walk by the plus size sections in stores, but in my mind........................

So you lost over 100 pounds in about 5-6 months? WOW!! That is awesome! How did you do it? I'm so scared of getting 'stuck' and not loosing anymore weight. I'm also a size 26 and would kill for a 14!! LOL, I weighed 293 and down to 274 and it seems like I've been there for a few days now....I need to start on my treadmill soon.

You are doing a good job Marla, I was banded on 8/11/11 (almost a month after you) and we have the same exact numbers (start and current weight). I am a slow loser, if you keep it up you will be 100 pounds down in no time as well. Best wishes to you in your journey :D

So you lost over 100 pounds in about 5-6 months? WOW!! That is awesome! How did you do it? I'm so scared of getting 'stuck' and not loosing anymore weight. I'm also a size 26 and would kill for a 14!! LOL, I weighed 293 and down to 274 and it seems like I've been there for a few days now....I need to start on my treadmill soon.

I am still pre-op but as of today I have lost 43 pounds from my high weight. Very few people have noticed even though I have dropped 18% of my body weight. I certainly can not see a difference, but people who know I'm dieting have said that they see it, but I won't believe it until it comes from people who are out of the loop! It has only been within the last week that clothes I have been wearing from the beginning are starting to look big on me. Through previous attempts I knew that it takes almost 50 pounds for me to start moving out of my initial size but from there they tend to drop away. Just be greatful to know that those pounds are dropping away, never to be seen again and know that the sizes will come eventually.

I had lost 15 pounds, and my clothes were actually TIGHTER! It was very frustrating. I still can't figure that one out. I am now about 35 pounds down, and I am finally noticing a difference in my clothing. It'll happen.

I think a few people started noticing the weight loss at around 30 pounds, I still remember one friend who I rarely see was blown away when he saw me at 40 pounds down. People at work didn't notice really until I went away for a week vacation and came back. I kept hearing "Wow you did a lot of walking on your trip, you lost some weight." No, I've spent the last four months losing 75 pounds. It irritated me, but I suppose it's to be expected.