Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post op and only lost 9 lbs!

My surgery was July 20 and I have only lost 9 lbs. I have my first fill tomorrow 8/15 so hoopefully something will change! Im ready to see results! Right now, I feel hungry a lot and I feel like I am able to eat too much!! Anyone have that same feeling almost a month after their surgery????

At three weeks post op you should be eating probably soft foods and you have to remember just because you can eat too much does not mean to do it. Drink lots of Fluid and measure your food. A fill will not stop the amount of food you can eat. Its not about restricting what you can eat its about making you not hungry and that may take a while so until then its up to you to do most of it.

sanction is right! just stick to your rules and wait for your fill! I didn't start really losing weight until I got my first fill and then I plateaued at 20 lbs and it took me a while to get to my 30lb mark (due to stress and lack of exercise). Just stay diligent and DO NOT OVER EAT

Thank you very much ladies for the advice! :)))

At three weeks post op you should be eating probably soft foods and you have to remember just because you can eat too much does not mean to do it. Drink lots of Fluid and measure your food. A fill will not stop the amount of food you can eat. Its not about restricting what you can eat its about making you not hungry and that may take a while so until then its up to you to do most of it.

Hello,

I am having the same problem.. It is frustrating and I need some results.... not later but NOW!

My surgery was July 20 and I have only lost 9 lbs. I have my first fill tomorrow 8/15 so hoopefully something will change! Im ready to see results! Right now, I feel hungry a lot and I feel like I am able to eat too much!! Anyone have that same feeling almost a month after their surgery????

My surgery was july 13 and my first fill isn't til Friday the 19th and I'm only dwn 10 lbs so I think ur doin good, I am a lil more hungry but I control my intakes and body, its like trying ur mind to have power over ur body that's what I do, good luck

i had surgery july 21st and I'm only down 6lbs...

I had my first fill yesterday and i am still on liquids I lost 4 pounds since yesterday only because i havent ate anything yet. I think i need to get my mind set on eating healthier i was eating what i wanted but only in small amounts and not excersing..they made me realize yesterday that its not a miracle thing i have to really work at it so i have set my mind to do so!! Where did you have your surgery?

i had surgery july 21st and I'm only down 6lbs...

As my doc says...1-2 lbs a week is all to expect. Be happy you've lost as much as you have. I lost only 4 lbs from weeks 2 to 5 post op. 1 lb a week.

Whatever you lose is wonderful! Celebrate it!

I lost 2.. count them.. 2 whole pounds during the immediate post-op period. It wasn't until I was back on solid foods that I started losing well.

Hang in there, it will happen. And cultivate patience. The weight didn't arrive overnight, it will take a little time to leave too. Sometimes I think when they install the band, they remove our patience. :)

Feeling the same way as you. I was banded on July 20th and am down 10 or 11 lbs because that pound keeps coming and going!! I am able to eat a big amount as well and cannot get to the Dr.'s office fast enough to get my first fill. I also get nervous because I have herd that most of the weight comes off in the first year and 1 month has just gone by......I goes the good news is that I have not eaten at one fast food place since my surgery but I thought when I stopped that the lbs would fall off. WRONG!! laugh.gif

I can definetly tell I have had a fill! I feel great and I only have 4cc in right now..I baked me some chicken yesterday and I only ate a few bites because i was satisfied! I learned if i keep myself busy and always keep a Water with me I dont feel as hungry! I am almost down 6 pounds since monday just because im not hungry!!!! Hopefully this will last awhile, i dont go back until 4 weeks...good luck girls!

I had surgery July 20th. After 2 weeks I lost 9 lbs. The next two weeks I gained a pound. I thought this was odd because I wasn't overeating and I wasn't eating anything I wasn't supposed to. So I got a fill of 2 cc's after four weeks. I feel about the same as I did before, but I am down another 6 pounds. I am not hungry that often, but I don't feel much restriction when I eat. After how many fills will I need to feel restriction?

I had my surgery on July 19th and my first fill of 3cc on August 22. I dont feel any different when I eat. Yesterday was liquids and today is soft foods. I still dont have any energy, since the surgery. I feel tired all the time. I still drink Protein drinks because I find it hard to get all my Protein . I have to step up my excersise. Anyone taking diet pills for energy??