Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So far I am 3 months post op, Ive had my 3rd fill and not much restriction. I will say that I no longer go for 2nd's when I am eating a meal, but other than that I can eat anything I desire. I am still trying to be careful of what I eat, without depriving myself. It seems to work. I have also become a Zumba fanatic, I just cant seem to get enough. Im thankful for my band, but I have learned not to completely rely on it. I have to put forth the effort in other ways if I really want to make this thing work. Its been slow progression, but as long as I get to my goal I will be alright.

I'll be glad when I get my next fill. I can still eat anything pretty much. I have very slight restriction occasionally. I gained about 3 lbs, so now I need to knock them off enforce thanksgiving.

Ms. Lady hope to hear back from you and that your procedure went well. Please let us know how you are doing.

I'm so happy to see that most of your ticker's have reach their 30lbs. lost mark. I just reach mind today and I'm very excited to join the club! LOL!

Tomorrow I will be going for my 3rd fill. I know I would not get a lot of cc's but's is ok. Congradulations everyone. You encourage me everytime I stop by.

Hello everyone thank you for your well wishes. The procedure went fine. As soon as I woke up from anesthesia and signed my discharge papers I was free to go. My incision site is a little sore but thats it. He gave me a prescription for liquid pain medication that I did not fill. When we were signing medical consent prior to procedure I asked my surgeon if he was still going to give me a 1cc fill like we discussed in the office and he said yes he is going to do a small fill. I mentioned this because I don't believe he did, this weekend I ate a lot and made some bad choices, when I stepped on the scale last night it indicated several lbs gain. I honestly did not think I had done that much damage. I feel horrible! I really blew it and to think thanksgiving is this week. I did not do any exercised because I did not want mess up anything and my doctor did not give me instruction on when I can resume my normal exercise regime (I did not see he after procedure. About right now to ask some questions). So to sum things up doing fine, procedure was a snap, just bummed because of my failure and gain this weekend. Again thank you everyone! Good Day!

Ms lady, so glad it went well. If you get back on your program it will all even out. Sometimes we just have Water weight gain so maybe it's that.

Bobrocky, hope you next fill will do the trick. T'giving is going to be a challenge for all of us so stay on course.

Chich, congratulatuons! 30 lbs is amazing. Let us all know how the fill works out. You're doing an awesome job.

Genesishanna, steady loss is good. I've heard a lot about Zumba. Sounds like fun. Keep it up I bet it is amazing exercise.

I've had lots of company since last Wed. I've fixed dinner for 20 three times and I am exhausted. Our youngest son Daniel flew in from NY Wed with fiancee and my hubby's niece and her whole family came up from GA. We had an engagement party Friday nite for our closest friends to meet Rebecca and I cooked an Italian dinner with lasagna, chicken parm, and Pasta with cream sauce,salad and dessert for 20 that night. We had enough leftovers for Sat nite.for everybody so I didn't have to cook again. Then Sun we had T'giving dinner for 20 also. Everybody goes home today and tomorrow we are taking the kids and grandkids to see the Rockettes Christmas Show. Thursday my hubby's sister and hew new husband are coming until Sun. It's been a lot of cooking and lots of fun. I have not overdone yet but have eaten a few things I probably should not have eaten. So far I have not gained any. I am back on my program and will start exercising again tomorrow or Wed. Still sitting on 20lbs loss and hopefully can start loosing again soon. I am not in a race with anyone and will take i slowly and steady until I am at goal.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and stay on your programs the best way you can. If you falter don't bet yourself up, jump back on the program and don't look back.

We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

I must be the only one who does not have a good exercise schedule going on. I feel so guilty (and lazy)! I know its not an excuse but I've been working 10 - 12 hour days and when I get home Im too tired, have dinner to make and chores to do. I have to make a change. My weight loss is really due to my eating habits and the band doing its job. I have made a commitment after the holidays to hire a personal trainer and really get this body in motion. Taking a walk when I feel like it is not working out for me!

GG - Sounds like you have been having fun!! You must be a great cook! Everything sounds so yummy! Have fun at the Rockettes!! I've always wanted to see them.

Ms Lady - So glad you are okay. Now you dont have to worry next time you go in for a fill!

Take care everyone! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Ms Lady

With the surgery I would expect a small gain. They give you an iv and drugs. no worries. You will be fine. not a failure just a bump in the road.

Did anyone elses doctor tell you just to eat a half a cup of food at one time? and only three a day? I havent been able to stick to that. Maybe w restriction?

I am in 18's the smallest size left in my closet. Im thinking in January I get to go shopping. I am still stuck at thirty pounds but still shrinking in size. I am glad i did this. I am so looking forward to loosing more, and already feeling heathier. In january i was wearing a size 24. : )

I am so FRUSTRATED! I need to vent...I had a PB experience again this morning, well it wasn't actually morning, but I had just woken up. I tried to eat a roast beef sandwich and I got stuck. I hate that feeling, it is one thing that I wish I could eliminate altogether. I thought I chewed really well, I guess not. Well my husband wasn't in there with me, and he started giving me a hard time when I told him what happened. (45 minutes of going back and forth from couch to bathroom incase a burp wasn't a burp, and grabbing at my chest like it was going to help) I guess I just wanted him to feel bad for me, and I got no sympathy what so ever. All I want to do is eat chocolate or something I know will go down with no trouble at all. My throat actually feels swollen, and I still haven't eaten a thing.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I am a raging B!tch right now, and I want to take it all out on the wrong foods!

I am right there with you sister. I had my third fill last week and i think every thing has gotten stuck since then. It actually got stuck tonight to the point I had a 45 minute episode also. couch,,,,toliet.....then I head from the living room....are you OKAY? Well heck not I am not ok!! Then after I finally got unclogged and had rested I felt like a little (and I am talking little) ice cream would soothe everything including my feeling. Then I heard....can't eat good food but go for the ice cream....gonna get that rolling pin out and work someone over. Doing liquids tomorrow and gonna give it all a rest. Good Luck to you!

Ms Lady

With the surgery I would expect a small gain. They give you an iv and drugs. no worries. You will be fine. not a failure just a bump in the road.

Did anyone elses doctor tell you just to eat a half a cup of food at one time? and only three a day? I havent been able to stick to that. Maybe w restriction?

I am in 18's the smallest size left in my closet. Im thinking in January I get to go shopping. I am still stuck at thirty pounds but still shrinking in size. I am glad i did this. I am so looking forward to loosing more, and already feeling heathier. In january i was wearing a size 24. : )

My doc actually gave me a 1/2 cup measuring cup. Just had fill #3 last week. Cup means more now. 1/2 cup and that is it. Three times a day. Full all day with my Water. Good Luck! It will come.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Remember dont over do it! We dont want to hurt ourselves or our bands!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday weekend. My final guests left this morning and after 10 days of different groups of folks to feed I am ready for a little rest.

Tomorrow I have to get back on my program. No exercise for weeks, too much pumpkin pie and cupcakes I'm afraid. I really don't want to go to Dr Tues because I am afraid I have not lost, might have gained for the first time since surgery. :(

How did everyone else do over Thanksgiving?

Can anyone tell me how to respond to a post? We used to be able to hit "respond" on that post. Now the only thing I see to do is make a new post. Now sure I like the new format yet.

Ms Lady, how are you doing? LisaAnn, are you overfilled maybe? Any better now? Kauai, congratulations on the NSV size 18! Fantastic and I know you feel good about yourself too.

Thanksgiving is over. We must forget any overeating we did and get back on our programs again. Walk, exercise, drink that Water and eat that Protein.

We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

I have an appointment Wednesday, and I am wondering if I should get a fill. I haven't really lost any more weight in the last two weeks, but I haven't been making the best food decisions. I am worried I will be too tight and wont be able to eat anything at all...Right now I can basically have anything as long as I chew it, I havent had a PB in (I think) 2 weeks. Most of the time I was having them within an hour or 2 of waking up and trying to eat. I keep going from 193 to 195 when I weigh myself. However, I cannot get down big pills and I am also worried if I get another fill I wont be able to take the pills I am taking now (my B1 pill). Just looking for some support from my August bandsters, I know I havent been on in a while but Im still here :)

Also wanted to say thanks LisaAnn for the support, I hope you are able to keep foods down now.

Jess,

We could be twins. I am in the same boat. I go back tomorrow and I'm not sure if I really want a fill. I'm also afraid I will not be able to eat anything if I get a fill and it's too much. Not such good choices on my part the last 2 weeks. I am hanging at 195 - 195.8 and really only have trouble with dry chicken or if I eat too fast. I have to keep reminding myself to chew and eat slowly. My Dr keeps telling me he does not want me to feel the band. I guess I will talk to him about it tomorrow. I feel like I am so close to my green zone and don't want to go over the limit. But, after the end of the year I am paying $200 out of picket for each fill. We have a $5200 deductible. So, I need to get them in if I need them. LOL

Blessings,

GG

GG, let me know how tomorrow goes. Maybe you can put my mind at ease before I see the PA Wednesday. Plus, after losing my job and insurance my fills cost my $150 every fill, not fun. Just happy my surgery was 100% covered, it makes these fills a little less painful on the pocketbook.

I went to Dr today and he gave me a small fill. Hopefully this will do the trick. He asked me if I was getting hungry. I am, but not until late afternoon and I usually just wait and eat dinner. He asked me about portions. I eat about half of what I used to and he asked if I could eat even less. I said I would have to think about that. I know most of my eating has always been emotional and I wonder if I could, in fact, eat even less. i will try it. It looks like unless I walk 25 minutes a day, drink my Water and eat less than 1100 calories a day I do not loose weight. But, the good thing is I finally left 195 behind and saw 194.4 this morning. regular_smile.gif It's been 2 weeks since I lost anything so I was thrilled. My question is, how are we supposed to eat 1100 calories a day and eat less? I have always heard if we don't eat enough our bodies go into "starvation" mode. When I was on 900 calories a day I still did not loose. It's all very odd and complicated isn't it? I guess I will try and limit my carbs and sugar and eat more Protein. My Dr does not want me to be able to feel the lapband and not get hungry. He says that is the green zone. He said I should be able to have the occasional treats, like over the holidays, and not feel guilty about them. So, I am not guilty and pleased I am back on the road to more success. I love my Dr!

We can do this!

Blessings,

GG