Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks GG, good luck on getting more Protein in...I find it very hard to do. I did have some "cheat days" over the holidays, but thanks to the lap band I didn't gain any weight! This morning my scale put me at 193 and Dr. scale this afternoon (fully clothed) put me at 195.5. 5 pounds lost since the last weigh in at my doctors. I am feeling good, liquids for one day then soft food for a day or two. My in-laws will be here Saturday, I am happy I got the fill so I will not have to worry about weight gain. Usually a visit from family means eating out every single meal and trying all of the places here in San Antonio they have seen on the food channel. I am going to work on trying to get more protein in as well. As for the getting stuck, I have learned/decided no more pills in the morning, and maybe liquid or Protein Shake for Breakfast. Only real meals will be lunch and dinner..

1100 calories, huh? My fitnesspal tells me I should get 1200 and when I eat under that I usually lose better.

Well good luck to all out there over the holidays, I KNOW they can be hard!

Hey everyone! Hope you all doing well on this difficult time of the tempting Holiday Eating time. Is been very difficult for me. I feel that the .2cc I got before Thanksgiving didn't do much because since then I can't stop craving food. I can eat without any problem and been eating more then 4oz. I gain 3Lbs. since then. Ughh!boom.gif Is so upsetting, to be sooo tempted by food and giving in! I haven't been exercising because my schedule is book solid between work, kids, school, homework, errances. That when I have a few hours of breathing time, I space out in front of the t.v. I really hope I can make thru to January with out gaining anymore weight. My next fill is in January 4th, that's 6 wks with out a fill sad.png . There is a question I want to ask you ladies. I apologize to the men in this forum. But my menstruation stopped since my surgery on 8/26 and haven't seen it since. Have any of you had that problem?

Chicholicious,

I've had a change in my menstral cycle too. Mine is the opposite though. My doctor gave me an IUD and it pretty much stopped my period. I loved it, was so happy for the past two years with little monthly spotting. Now, since the lap-band, its back. I know they are totally different areas but it could be just a coincidence. You better go see your gynocologist. Maybe your preggo!

my name is Diana I was banded on Aug 8,2011 My starting wieght was 290 current weight is 253

I'm back - I've been away and not able to access this site... I still haven't lost any weight, but I did have a bit of an ephiphany while away on my vacation... I've been relying on the band to tell me when to NOT eat, but I now realise I should have been relying on it to tell me WHEN to eat.

Make sense? No?! :D But here's the thing...

Before, I would have breakfast because it was breakfast time. I'd try to make a healthy choice about what to eat, and I'd eat slowly until the band told me to stop. But after a couple of REALLy bad decisions while away, I resolved to not eat "because it's breakfast time" or "because I'm at a cafe" or "because the menu looks really tasty"... Instead, I'm not eating ANYTHING until my BODY tells me its hungry. THEN I make the healthy decision, and eat until the band tells me to stop. BIG DIFFERENCE! I'm probably eating half what I was eating before having this realisation!

Hi Diane,

Welcome to the thread. Sounds like you have been very successful so far in your weight loss journey. Tell us a little about how you are doing and a little about yourself.

Cakegirl, that sounds like the way to go. It's amazing how many times we are conditioned to eat when we are not really hungry. Our old habits need to cease. You have suggested one that will help us all I bet. Eating half as much will surely result in weight loss for you. Keep us posted.

Hope everybody has a nice restful Sunday. We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

Healthywoman here! I made it to 180 today-losing a full 30 pounds now!! So far no PB's or getting stuck. I go in for my next fill Dec 13 and will probably only get .5cc's. My doc reduces the amount over time. I feel healthy, no Hair loss, no more reflux. I will see my PCP for blood work to check my Vitamin and mineral levels in two weeks. Hope you are all doing well.

Congratulations Healthywoman! 30 lbs is a huge loss and 180 is awesome. It sounds like you are doing very well and well on your way to your goal. What a great gift to yourself this Christmas season. Keep up the good work.

Dancing_sorry.gifDancing_sorry.gifDancing_sorry.gifDancing_sorry.gifDancing_sorry.gif

We can all do this!

Blessings,

GG

Yes congrats healthwoman, that is a great!

I have a question for all, in the past week and a half I have started losing my hair at masssive amounts. I am afraid it will become noticeable by the end of the month if it does not slow down or stop. I am taking my vitaband chewables...are there any other supplements out there I can take to help stop the hairloss before it becomes noticeable?

Well, since my epiphany, I've lost 1kg! YAY!!!

Hello EVERYONE! This can't happen we have been bumped down the list!!

I have been missing for a couple of weeks but wanted to check in. Some of my fellow A11s may know I had a flipped port in November and had revision surgery. The surgery and recovery was not bad. I was unable to exercise for a little over 2 weeks. OMG let me tell you about Thanksgiving I was so proud of myself on my first plate, I had a very small amount of everything. Felt great not stuff or anything. But later that night I ate again but with more of my favorites on the plate. It was my first holiday after being banded and I would say I did better than expected, but not that good. I lost myself for the week following Thanksgiving with leftovers and Desserts and on top of all that I could not exercise. During the struggle I lost and gained the same 3-4lbs. I am happy to report that I was back on track as of 12/5 and lost 5 pounds in that 1 week.

So this morning I went for my first fill following revision surgery. I had a hematoma that he had to drain but I got my much awaited fill bananapartyhat.gif . So needless to say ladies and gents I am back. I have my second fill since being banded! Hope all is well with you all. Thanks for listening!!

Hi everybody!

I think all of us must be so busy getting ready for the holidays we have not been posting. I am doing well and feeling good. I finally lost another 1 1/2 lbs. and hopefully this will start weight loss again. I am in my "green zone" I think. I don't get hungry and probably need to eat more. If I don't eat slowly and smaller bites I can really feel it sticking and not going down for a few minutes. I had not walked for about 3 weeks and finally did last Friday. Sat morning my calves hurt so badly I had trouble getting out of the bed!

How is it going for everyone? Any weight loss to report or any problems?

We need to keep in mind our eating programs when we are out at holiday events. It's very easy to get back into those bad eating habits. Eat something before you go out and then you won't be starving when you are at a party. If you have to have something like sweets try a few nibbles and not a huge portion. Remember how hard it was to loose that weight and as the saying goes "a minute on your lips equals a pound on your hips! " Victoria Principle says that about cheese. lol.gif

So glad everything is OK now Ms Lady. You are doing an amazing job with your weigh loss. Keep up the good work.

We can do this people!

Blessings,

GG

OMG! I just had an experience! I am unsure if I ate to fast, didn't chew well, or if it was the tortilla but I either got stuck, pb'ed, slimed, or all of them. It wasn't really painful but included a lot of burping, spitting, and vomiting I think (with thick saliva). I need to pin point what I did wrong or can't eat because I don't want that to happen again. I know I am probably not making sense with this post, but this just happened minutes ago! WOW!

Sounds like you just didn't chew well enough! I have had that happen and then the same day been able to eat whatever it was, just much slower and more thorough.

Hey all! I had another fill and am up to just over 11ccs. It feels good but my weight loss is so ridiculously slow. I go back to work tomorrow night and finals are OVER and I passed! Now on to clinicals. I am positive that being more active now is going to make a huge difference! I am still at 19lbs, which feels great, I was just hoping to have lost 40 by the time I went back to work. But it's ok, my pants that I got a while back from work but that never did fit, feel good now!

Unfortunately I just made three batches of Christmas Crack! I'm taking some to work and the rest are for our party on saturday night. We're having a Naughty Christmas party. Now if I can just stay out of that damn crack!

Congrats Caryn on success at school. I also made it through finals in nursing. I have to say it has been extremely stressful for the last month. School was harsh, I had fears of losing my job, and some other family problems but I have made it to the other side. I did get to go to New Orleans for a weekend and gained back all of the weight I had lost the few weeks before hand. I am now back to losing it again. I went yesterday for another fill and I am up to 7cc in a 10cc band. I have some major restriction going on. My fellow banded friend says she thinks I am swollen from the fill and it should get better in a day or two. This morning I was down to 204 and I am very excited about that. Onderland is in my sites and I will be there by the new year. When I first got the band I thought that 2011 was going to be my year but now I have realized that most of the benefits are going to be in 2012. Come on 2012!!!!!!!!