Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree GG the picking was slim when I went browsing recently. And Mr.Bob I think you are doing great, I have no idea what your doctor might have been thinking, keep up the good work love . I hope all is well with your other issue.

Omg! I can slightly see my collarbone. Who would have thought I had a pair.........lol! Also just commited to a friend a trip to a Jamaica in August and I want to wear a swimsuit (a one piece of course with a cute cover skirt) got to stay focus and get extra sexy......lol! Have a great day everyone.

Omg! I can slightly see my collarbone. Who would have thought I had a pair.........lol! Also just commited to a friend a trip to a Jamaica in August and I want to wear a swimsuit (a one piece of course with a cute cover skirt) got to stay focus and get extra sexy......lol! Have a great day everyone.

I know how you feel. I laughed so hard when I saw my Adam's Apple. Forgot I had one!

Hi everybody,

How is it going out there? I'm hanging in there and ready for spring now.

We are going out of state next week to meet our son's future in-laws and they live in Jacksonville, FL. I have no spring/summer clothes that fit now. The weather is so strange this time of year. Cold one day, hot the next. So I went shopping again and still had a hard time finding anything I even wanted to try on. I did get a cute short sleeved sweater by Jennifer Lopez at Kohl's. I would have bought it just because I got a medium, the large was waaaay too big. I kept trying on XL things and my friend fussed at me and said I should not try XL anymore, go to Large or medium. Medium's are usually too small but Large fit well now. It was a great and unreal moment, I still have a smile on my face.

I have been at a plateau since early Jan so I joined Weight Watchers online. It keeps me accountable and I lost a little over 2 lbs in the first 3 weeks. At least it's a loss. I feel like a turtle, slow but steady. I finally got into a pair of jeans I bought at BJ's months ago so even if I am not loosing lbs I must be loosing inches. I'm still walking and drinking and counting. Hard work for sure but necessary if I want to get to my goal. I'm almost half way there and I am not going to get discouraged. My thighs have not been this slim since high school, and that was a loooooog time ago! LOL I cleaned out my closet and had 3 huge piles of clothes I cannot wear so I am making progress.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay on your programs, drink that Water and keep up that exercise! We can do this!!!! We need to keep this thread going. Let's hear how everyone else is doing.

Blessings,

GG

Hey A11er's,

I'm with GG lets gets some updates. My weigh loss has slowed since the later part of January but is do to my own fault. I am not as commited to exercise as I was before and not making as healthy choices as I was before. It started off with a friends party and a weekend getaway the first and second weekend of February and I just had not gotten back to my previous regimen. I will not say that I am doing too poorly, but could definately be doing better. This year had already been stressful........with school, working full-time, and lets not forget single motherhood. Also I had a fill .5cc on 2/21 and actually had to go 2 days later for a slight .25cc unfill, and I still dislike the way this feels. I spit/throw up just about everyday. I seem to feel a difference yesterday, in a good way. This last fill have gotten me a little fearful of getting fills anytime soon.

I am on spring break next week and going to Las Vegas.........YAY! When I come back I am getting back to it!

Good to hear from you Ms Lady. Spring break in Vegas sounds like fun. I have not been there since 1969 and it has changed a lot since then I have heard. Take healthy Snacks with you and you can always eat good lean Protein. I need to do the same next week as I will travel to FL and sample food at restaurants looking for a rehearsal dinner venue for April 2013. Anybody live in Jacksonville FL or know of any good restaurants there for large a (40-50) group?

It sounds like to me you are still overfilled. Throwing/spitting up every day cannot be good for you. Maybe you should talk to your Dr. I've had that maybe 5 times but over the last 6 months, not daily.

You have done so well so don't let that trip keep you from your goal. We have all worked too hard to go back into our old ways. I know personally I am working my butt off to get rid of the weight and it's not easy. Just remember the old saying. "a minute on your lips, forever on your hips!" LOL We can do this, 2012 is our year. It takes 2 years for most people to get to their goal after lap band surgery and we are only 1/4 of the way. Give yourselves a break and learn from your mistakes.

I hope to hear you had a great spring break and did not gain any weight. I will give a report when I return too and be accountable to you.

Blessings,

GG

Hey everyone! It's been months since I have posted or read and boy can I tell a difference! I did ok over the holidays, didn't gain anything but didn't lose either. I was ok with that (my last fill was in November) - I had to go home and take care of my mother after surgery and that included my 2 year old nephew as well as help her make it through the holidays. Since I have been home, I still maintained my weight, lost probably another 1/2 pant size (tight pants became loose) but in the last 2 weeks I have gained 3 pounds.. Ugh!! I have kicked up my exercise program and have a fill scheduled for tomorrow. I'm using myfitnesspal now (curlz74) so i'm hoping that tracking things will help. During this time, my insulin levels have tripled, my glucose tolerance test says I'm not diabetic, never been diabetic (misdiagnosed 10 years ago evidently) so that is a relief but doesn't explain other problems..oh well. Anyway, I'm trying to get back on track now and get back into posting! It was great reading everyone's post - we all have to stay positive (yes, preaching to the choir)!

Hi everyone!!

I've been away for a bit.. Been having tons of cravings, after my birthday on 3/19. It's been none stop. I will eat bad food and after 3 hrs. I want more bad food. I went yesterday to my support group, and my nurse practitioner said my band must be loose and I will need and adjustment. So this morning at 10:45amI got .3cc on my band. A total now of 3.8cc. My last fill was 1/23/12. As always the first day is liquids. I started fine, but then I had shrimp and Pasta dinner (4oz) about and hour ago and still craving more!! I don't know what to do!! I feel I might be loosing this battle ???°

I've been losing quite a bit the last few weeks. I'm not sure why. But all of a sudden I started losing something almost every day. A half a pound here another pound there I lost I lost weight everyday for about two weeks. One thing that Helped was getting a friend to be accountable to. He doesn't have a weight problem himself. He is just someone who's really anxious to help me. It's been a huge difference and I started exercising more. Maybe I actually will join the gym if he'll go with me. I hate to go to the gym alone.

I've now lost about 54 pounds. I started at 376 and I'm down to 323.4. I got a fill this week, but it didn't seem to make any difference. My surgeon was a little upset that I waited so long to get another fill. I haven't gotten one since December. So I think I'll go back next week or two and get another feel because I simply can eat too much. But I have to say I'm not nearly as hungry as I used to be.

post-309871-13813139961249_thumb.jpg

post-309871-13813139961755_thumb.jpg

post-309871-13813139962498_thumb.jpg

Hello banders! I really want to start checking in and hope everyone out there is doing well. I feel this board helps me so much and when I can look back to the begining when I was just banded helps too!

I am now officially down 60lbs. its funny, it doesnt seem like a lot but when I type it now and look at that numbers I guess it is.

I completed the couch to 5 k program today, just in time too, I have a 5K this Sunday at JFK airport here in NY. I am so ready to do it and I set this goal for myself a long time ago and started the C25K program the day before Thanksgiving. I had a few hiccups with the program at week 3 and 6 but stuck with it and feel I am ready. I actually run a steady 3 miles now for almost 2 weeks.

I hope everyone is good out there and if you are reading this check in, we all need support, even if we are doing good or some not good, we all go off and have to get back on. Let's check in and help each other...anyone???? lol :ph34r:

Well, I finally joined a gym. I fought it a long time. But I have a new friend who is helping me and motivating me and that helps a lot. So I'm mostly using the tread mill and the bike. Then I swim a few laps, go in the sauna and steamroom. I see the weight coming off much faster so I'm hoping to start moving along more rapidly. At least its easier 58 lbs down. Prolly would have killed me before.

Great job Bob! I joined the gym 2 weeks before my surgery! At first it was really hard, I couldn't keep up in a cardio class, my knees started hurting in a step class and what was I supposed to do elliptical or treadmill for 5 minutes, if i could even make 5 min and then get bored. I went from 236 to 205 With diet alone then i started the gym at just over 200lbs. Well I can now not only keep up with anyone, I even Zumba past some tiny little high school girls in their booty shorts lmao I have taken up running, I just need my itouch and headphones and I'm off....treadmill, track, or I mapped a run in my neighborhood. I have become a whole new person. I don't remember the "old" me so much. I use MFP to log my cals, even the bad ones lol I am a healthier happier person who had gone from a size 22 pants to a size 12 i am now 173....And I'm not done yet!! Still have good and bad days, meals, hours, snacking but hey nobody is perfect! ;) I made a vow to change my life when I had the surgery, eating, exercise and happiness so far so good! Keep chugging Bob and everyone! It's our journey and it is what I make of it! Get inspired!!!!

OK.....My turn to post and then I shall go back and read everyone's success. First of all I FEEL GREAT!! I say that almost every day! I have had four or five fills and I am not sure of the amount because my dr doesn't feel this is important. It is the feeling that is important and believe me I FEEL IT! I have not had a fill since Feburary. Last time I went to the dr. I had lost 40 pounds and I am pretty sure when I go tomorrow I will have lost another 10. I have been going to the gym for quiet some time and I did Water aerobics, and then started getting on the treadmill. I did my first 5K in March and finish in 46 minutes. I have hired a trainer and he is working me three days a week. Have I told you I FEEL GOOD! I went to Disney World in March and lost weight on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I had a gym in my hotel and actually used it. I have gone from a very tight 18 to a very loose 14. I still have a lot to do and I am not stopping. I have a lot going on in my home with some local mission work and also 2 new foster daughter. Please continue to pray for my success and I will for you. God bless.

Wow, it's been a long time since I have been on here. So far I have lost 60 pounds and have not had a fill since November. I have been getting hungry after 2 or 3 hours so it looks like a fill is in order. I did manage to lose 3 pounds in just 3 days the hard way this weekend. Turns out my gall bladder was tired of doing it's job and checked out. Took a trip to the hospital in an ambulance on Saturday night and on Monday was missing my gall bladder.

After getting over the pain and now just dealing with the discomfort of this, I am going to use this as a way to jump start the next step in my weight loss journey. I will have to be even more cautious about what I eat and stay with a low fat diet. I have made it this far and I will not stop until I have a different body.

Good luck and continued success to the rest of you who were banded in August.

Just got done visiting the Dr for a little fill. Officially at 105lbs down with 50lb to goal. I still haven't found really any food I can't eat, which is odd from the feedback I had been given before surgery. The volume is defiantly restricted but I seem to really have no issue with the what part. Anyone else literally able to eat anything if they take it slow and chew?