Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hope you did well today at the social. We had a Sunday School Mexican potluck last night and I was pretty good. Saved a lot of calories all day so I don't think I went over 1100. It's hard to do at things like that. Did anyone notice your weight loss?

Blessings,

GG

I was pretty good. Lots of Protein choices. I took a couple of chickens I smoked ad shredded. They were good. We will not talk about te cheesecake however.

So I had my second fill and am now up to 3.5ccs. I only went down 2 .5 pounds last month but at least its a loss. :D I know I would be losing more if I could spend some time and prepare some meals to go. I do know that I am eating better choices than I use to but it could be better. I think I am going to start giving myself a goal for each week. This week I will not eat any cheese! This may seem easy for you guys but I have been having a love affair with cheese my whole life......my whole fat life. If I wanna see a change in me I need to make a change in my eating habits. I think next week I will cut down on carbs drastically. I know that I don't eat carbs near as much as I use to but I still eat them. I am also going to make a check list for my Water so that I can visually see how much I m adrinking. Plus checking off 8 ounces will feel like an accomplisment and keep me motivated. So does anyone have any other ideas for weekly goals? I would love some suggestions!

I was pretty good. Lots of Protein choices. I took a couple of chickens I smoked ad shredded. They were good. We will not talk about te cheesecake however.

Good for you. I will not talk about the 3 mini cream pufs or the very small square of cake I had either!

Blessings,

GG

So I had my second fill and am now up to 3.5ccs. I only went down 2 .5 pounds last month but at least its a loss. :D I know I would be losing more if I could spend some time and prepare some meals to go. I do know that I am eating better choices than I use to but it could be better. I think I am going to start giving myself a goal for each week. This week I will not eat any cheese! This may seem easy for you guys but I have been having a love affair with cheese my whole life......my whole fat life. If I wanna see a change in me I need to make a change in my eating habits. I think next week I will cut down on carbs drastically. I know that I don't eat carbs near as much as I use to but I still eat them. I am also going to make a check list for my Water so that I can visually see how much I m adrinking. Plus checking off 8 ounces will feel like an accomplisment and keep me motivated. So does anyone have any other ideas for weekly goals? I would love some suggestions!

I need to cut down on carbs too. As far as drinking your water goes, I've got a water bottle that holds 3 cups of water and It seems to go faster when I put my water in there vs individual glasses. I do love Crystal Light and just found almost the same thing but cheaper from Walmart. It even has the Truvia swetener I like in the Crystal Light kiwi-strawberry flavor. I do use one packet for the whole 3 cups of water and it's fine. I do like to check off things too. I use my fitness pal and track everything.

Blessings,

GG

My check offs have to be easy and in my face or else it wont happen. If I am required to log in to something more than likely I will forget. I really do need to get a big Water bottle to fill everyday it would make it so much easier!

I need to cut down on carbs too. As far as drinking your water goes, I've got a water bottle that holds 3 cups of water and It seems to go faster when I put my water in there vs individual glasses. I do love Crystal Light and just found almost the same thing but cheaper from Walmart. It even has the Truvia swetener I like in the Crystal Light kiwi-strawberry flavor. I do use one packet for the whole 3 cups of water and it's fine. I do like to check off things too. I use my fitness pal and track everything.

Blessings,

GG

Hi everyone!

Well the weight is coming off very s-l-o-w-l-y, but at least I am continuing to lose. I am so close to my first 20 lb loss. I have to be in a wedding this weekend and I was really hoping that I would have lost more.

I have been searching for new ideas and easy recipes to switch things up because I have been getting bored with my meals. My doctor has a cool website with info and videos that help his patients. Tonight I tried spaghetti squash as a replacement to Pasta. It was a little crunchy but once the marinara is added it wasnt a bad replacement. Check out www.yourdoctorsorders.com . I go back in for my 2nd fill next Monday. I am really looking forward to it.

Hi everyone!

Well the weight is coming off very s-l-o-w-l-y, but at least I am continuing to lose. I am so close to my first 20 lb loss. I have to be in a wedding this weekend and I was really hoping that I would have lost more.

I have been searching for new ideas and easy recipes to switch things up because I have been getting bored with my meals. My doctor has a cool website with info and videos that help his patients. Tonight I tried spaghetti squash as a replacement to Pasta. It was a little crunchy but once the marinara is added it wasnt a bad replacement. Check out www.yourdoctorsorders.com . I go back in for my 2nd fill next Monday. I am really looking forward to it.

Keep up the good work. Your Dr has a good site. Thanks for the link. I like Dreamfield's pasta. It has a low glycemic index and a whole lot less net carbs. They have it at most grocery stores here.

Blessings,

GG

Hi everyone!

I as well have found myself getting bored and uninterested in my routine meals. I try to say to myself all the time "a least you are losing" because I don't see any changes in my appearance or clothing. But I have read that from most post that they did not start seeing changes in clothing until 50lbs. I can't wait to go for my second fill which is at the end of the month, because I have slowly noticed myself eating more and gosh the hungrier. Wishing you the best!

I hope this 2nd fill does a little something for me, I know it is said that it may take a few fills to get to the "sweet spot" or "green zone" I want some restriction so I can fill full for longer periods of time. October 31, 2011 isn't getting here fast enough!!!

I have been craving pizza so yesterday for lunch I got one of the frozen Weight Watchers pizzas. It was pretty good but 340 calories. So today I made my own. I used:

1 oz Hormel turkey mini pepperonis

1 Ole high Fiber low carb tortilla wrap

1 slice (1 ox) low moisture mozzarella cheese - break up in pieces and scatter over it all if you don't have shredded

1/4 cup of Light Ragu Tomato & basil sauce

Total calories 226, 12 Protein, 3 sugar, 22 carbs, 14 fiber

It was really good and I will do it again. Bake the tortilla at 425 first for 3-4 minutes until crispy on bottom first then turn it over and put your ingredients on that side then back in the oven until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.

I also made these pumpkin muffins for a little something sweet. They are so easy and this recipe made 17. They don't rise much but I'm sure they would freeze. If I had thought about it I would have used the low sugar cake mix and next time I will. They are very moist and I did use cupcake liners.

1 small can pumpkin - not pumpkin pie mix, just plain pumpkin

1 box yellow cake mix

Mix the 2 ingredients well and spoon into muffin pan. Bake according to the cake box recipe. That's it! 128 calories, 27 carbs, 1protein, 16 sugar, 3 fat and 1 fiber

I don't know a lot about how everyone else eats now but I found these recipes to fill the cravings I was having. Might be too much of some things for others but they worked for me. I count calories and protein. I am not a nutritionist and have not been doing this very long. Both recipes were husband approved.

Have a blessed weekend everyone! Stay on the program, drink that Water and go for a walk!

Blessings,

GG

I have been craving pizza so yesterday for lunch I got one of the frozen Weight Watchers pizzas. It was pretty good but 340 calories. So today I made my own. I used:

1 oz Hormel turkey mini pepperonis

1 Ole high fiber low carb tortilla wrap

1 slice (1 ox) low moisture mozzarella cheese - break up in pieces and scatter over it all if you don't have shredded

1/4 cup of Light Ragu Tomato & basil sauce

Total calories 226, 12 Protein, 3 sugar, 22 carbs, 14 fiber

It was really good and I will do it again. Bake the tortilla at 425 first for 3-4 minutes until crispy on bottom first then turn it over and put your ingredients on that side then back in the oven until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.

I also made these pumpkin muffins for a little something sweet. They are so easy and this recipe made 17. They don't rise much but I'm sure they would freeze. If I had thought about it I would have used the low sugar cake mix and next time I will. They are very moist and I did use cupcake liners.

1 small can pumpkin - not pumpkin pie mix, just plain pumpkin

1 box yellow cake mix

Mix the 2 ingredients well and spoon into muffin pan. Bake according to the cake box recipe. That's it! 128 calories, 27 carbs, 1protein, 16 sugar, 3 fat and 1 fiber

I don't know a lot about how everyone else eats now but I found these recipes to fill the cravings I was having. Might be too much of some things for others but they worked for me. I count calories and protein. I am not a nutritionist and have not been doing this very long. Both recipes were husband approved.

Have a blessed weekend everyone! Stay on the program, drink that Water and go for a walk!

Blessings,

GG

Going to have to try the pizza receipe, I too have had a taste for pizza lately.

My first fill is tomorrow - every emotion is tied into it! i don't think i'll be able to sleep much tonight

Hello.. just found this thread..

My name is Shelley Stewart

I live in Ohio and I am 43 years old (born September 23, 1968)

I weighed 315 lbs. when I started and weighed in at 297 on surgery day.

My surgery was on August 31, 2011. I have not had a fill yet, but I am going in tomorrow for another appointment and will more than likely get one.

I am currently 280.0 lbs.!!

I started out in a size 22-24 size pants (depending on the brand and cut... SIGH)

JUST YESTERDAY I WENT TO KOHL'S AND BOUGHT A PAIR OF SIZE 18!!!! WOOT WOOT!! I am so excited!! I bought a pair of APT 9 Jeans.. I find that this brand fits me the best! I really HATE the jeans at Wal-Mart.. the Faded Glory!! UGH! they cinch my waist SO TIGHT and are SUPER baggy everywhere else!

I do not ever eat rice or bread. I have just been good to eat all normal foods.. but I am still afraid of bread and rice. BUT I am okay with it. I am not eating anything deep fried. I tried beef roast the other day and that went very well. If I eat Pasta, I eat very little. I am really trying to cut out that starchy carb stuff.

I would love to be able to talk to others that are on this journey with me.. I have found that this sight is not what I was really looking for as far as chatting with others.. this is not really much of a "support group" type atmosphere.. If any of you have Facebook maybe we can all add each other and talk there.. I dunno.. I have people added as friends on here, but they do not talk to each other.. this is a very odd sight. (to me).

I really wish that there was a REAL person to person support group place near me that I could go to like the Weight Watchers group has.. That way I could meet people and maybe even make some lasting friendships, as I am new to this area and have not really found any friends.

Oh enough of that..

hope I get to meet some other awesome banders like me!! :)

My first fill is tomorrow - every emotion is tied into it! i don't think i'll be able to sleep much tonight

No reason to stress. I had my 3rd fill today and didn't even feel the lidocaine or the fill. It's different for everybody but after all you've gone through it will be a piece of cake. Oh, I need to change my metaphors. LOL.

How are you doing besides stressing about your fill tomorrow?

Blessings,

GG

Hello.. just found this thread..

My name is Shelley Stewart

I live in Ohio and I am 43 years old (born September 23, 1968)

I weighed 315 lbs. when I started and weighed in at 297 on surgery day.

My surgery was on August 31, 2011. I have not had a fill yet, but I am going in tomorrow for another appointment and will more than likely get one.

I am currently 280.0 lbs.!!

I started out in a size 22-24 size pants (depending on the brand and cut... SIGH)

JUST YESTERDAY I WENT TO KOHL'S AND BOUGHT A PAIR OF SIZE 18!!!! WOOT WOOT!! I am so excited!! I bought a pair of APT 9 Jeans.. I find that this brand fits me the best! I really HATE the jeans at Wal-Mart.. the Faded Glory!! UGH! they cinch my waist SO TIGHT and are SUPER baggy everywhere else!

I do not ever eat rice or bread. I have just been good to eat all normal foods.. but I am still afraid of bread and rice. BUT I am okay with it. I am not eating anything deep fried. I tried beef roast the other day and that went very well. If I eat Pasta, I eat very little. I am really trying to cut out that starchy carb stuff.

I would love to be able to talk to others that are on this journey with me.. I have found that this sight is not what I was really looking for as far as chatting with others.. this is not really much of a "support group" type atmosphere.. If any of you have Facebook maybe we can all add each other and talk there.. I dunno.. I have people added as friends on here, but they do not talk to each other.. this is a very odd sight. (to me).

I really wish that there was a REAL person to person support group place near me that I could go to like the Weight Watchers group has.. That way I could meet people and maybe even make some lasting friendships, as I am new to this area and have not really found any friends.

Oh enough of that..

hope I get to meet some other awesome banders like me!!

Hi Shelley!

Good to have you in this thread, You are doing very well, congratulations! A size 18 is super. Good for you. It sure feels good to get into smaller clothes doesn't it. I went shopping today and I'm still a 16 I guess but it's getting too large in a few brands. I don't want to spend a lot now so I went to Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Ross, nothing. Then I stopped at Old Navy and got a cute lavender fleece top that is their XL, their largest size, and it fit. Yeah! It's still a little snug but I think in a few weeks it will do nicely. I'm in pants I wore last year when I was 8 lbs lighter but I am chipping away at my inches by walking so I guess that's why they are getting loose.

I'm on the computer all the time so email me and we can chat. I'm not your age, in fact I graduated from high school the year you were born, but I love to talk. LOL! Let us know how your fill goes. Nothing to stress about, trust me.

Blessings,

GG