Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saturday I entered Onederland! 199 lbs. Yeaaaaaah for the 1 hundreds!

Blessings,

GG

So I had my second fill and am now up to 3.5ccs. I only went down 2 .5 pounds last month but at least its a loss. :D I know I would be losing more if I could spend some time and prepare some meals to go. I do know that I am eating better choices than I use to but it could be better. I think I am going to start giving myself a goal for each week. This week I will not eat any cheese! This may seem easy for you guys but I have been having a love affair with cheese my whole life......my whole fat life. If I wanna see a change in me I need to make a change in my eating habits. I think next week I will cut down on carbs drastically. I know that I don't eat carbs near as much as I use to but I still eat them. I am also going to make a check list for my Water so that I can visually see how much I m adrinking. Plus checking off 8 ounces will feel like an accomplisment and keep me motivated. So does anyone have any other ideas for weekly goals? I would love some suggestions!

I find it easier to drink my water out of the plastic bottle. i usually open one and then refill throughout the day. I put five rubber bands on the bottle (16.9 size) . i take one off for each bottle completed and when they are gone I am done.

I have added a lot of exercise to my plan. Walking from 1-2 miles every other day and also at least an hour of water aerobics every other day. I also to exercises during commericals. This use to be the time I ran to the kitchen. Just don't be critical of yourself. Praise yourself for what you have done.

I had my 2nd fill today and they added another 1.5 cc's. I am so happy and shocked that I lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks. Especially since my weekend was filled with celebration, not healthy food, and cocktails! I think the band is really starting to work for me. I am still waiting to move down a size in clothing. I hope soon that I can get out of these 22's!

GG I am so happy for you that you have made it to the 100's. Im sure that is an amazing feeling. Keep up the good work! Also thanks for the recipes. They both sound really good and I am going to try the pizza and the pumpkin cakes.

Welcome to the newbies! I'm sure you will find the support here that you are looking for.

LisaAnnMurray, thanks for the rubberband idea on the water bottle. I love it!

Have a great evening everyone!

Hi Shelley!

Good to have you in this thread, You are doing very well, congratulations! A size 18 is super. Good for you. It sure feels good to get into smaller clothes doesn't it. I went shopping today and I'm still a 16 I guess but it's getting too large in a few brands. I don't want to spend a lot now so I went to Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Ross, nothing. Then I stopped at Old Navy and got a cute lavender fleece top that is their XL, their largest size, and it fit. Yeah! It's still a little snug but I think in a few weeks it will do nicely. I'm in pants I wore last year when I was 8 lbs lighter but I am chipping away at my inches by walking so I guess that's why they are getting loose.

I'm on the computer all the time so email me and we can chat. I'm not your age, in fact I graduated from high school the year you were born, but I love to talk. LOL! Let us know how your fill goes. Nothing to stress about, trust me.

Blessings,

GG

Hey there! I would love to chat with you.

and I am super excited for you to be in the 100's!! that is awesome!! I will prolly faint when I hit that goal.. lol

I find it easier to drink my Water out of the plastic bottle. i usually open one and then refill throughout the day. I put five rubber bands on the bottle (16.9 size) . i take one off for each bottle completed and when they are gone I am done.

I have added a lot of exercise to my plan. Walking from 1-2 miles every other day and also at least an hour of water aerobics every other day. I also to exercises during commericals. This use to be the time I ran to the kitchen. Just don't be critical of yourself. Praise yourself for what you have done.

AWESOME IDEA FOR THE WATER BOTTLE!! TOTALLY GOING TO DO THIS! :D

Sorry for the excitement! lol :P

Brilliant idea with the water bottle I am soooooo gonna do that.

Regarding the weight loss, I was still very happy with my lap band even with only losing 2.5 pounds. Unfortunately since my second fill I feel like I have gone backwards :blink: I can actually eat more food and things that were hard to eat before are going down now problem. I am starving allllllll of the time. I joined weight watchers online to help out with the food choices but I am finding it increasing difficult to make good food choices. It was easier when I wasn't so hungry but now I feel like I am faced with making good food choices while I am starving all of the time. I don't get another fill until the 9th of next month. This last weekend I ate so many carbs it is ridiculous. I was able to eat an entire ham and cheese sandwich with no issues at all. I even wanted to eat food in private so noone would judge me. I do not want to go back to that way of thinking again!!!!!!! I feel so alone in this and I am freaking out. I don't really even want to get on this site because I am mad that other people are having success and I am failing at yet another weight loss attempt. I know that I have to let the band work for me and it takes a while to get there but right now I am just majorly discouraged. I am starting to get really emotional all of the time. I have never in my life been a cryer but now I cry watching tv shows. Hell I started crying while typing this reply......I swear I am falling apart at the seams! Sorry to vent but this is crap!

I find it easier to drink my Water out of the plastic bottle. i usually open one and then refill throughout the day. I put five rubber bands on the bottle (16.9 size) . i take one off for each bottle completed and when they are gone I am done.

I had my 2nd fill today and they added another 1.5 cc's. I am so happy and shocked that I lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks. Especially since my weekend was filled with celebration, not healthy food, and cocktails! I think the band is really starting to work for me. I am still waiting to move down a size in clothing. I hope soon that I can get out of these 22's!

GG I am so happy for you that you have made it to the 100's. Im sure that is an amazing feeling. Keep up the good work! Also thanks for the recipes. They both sound really good and I am going to try the pizza and the pumpkin cakes.

Welcome to the newbies! I'm sure you will find the support here that you are looking for.

LisaAnnMurray, thanks for the rubberband idea on the Water bottle. I love it!

Have a great evening everyone!

Wow! 8 lbs in 3 weeks is great. Congratulations to you. My Dr just adds .25 cc. Really? I think I am getting closer to the green zone but going every 2 weeks and getting ,25 cc seems like a waste. Why not at least .50 cc? Oh well it is what it is and I am doing well. Just slow progress.

Keep up the good work!

Blessings,

GG

Brilliant idea with the Water bottle I am soooooo gonna do that.

Regarding the weight loss, I was still very happy with my lap band even with only losing 2.5 pounds. Unfortunately since my second fill I feel like I have gone backwards :blink: I can actually eat more food and things that were hard to eat before are going down now problem. I am starving allllllll of the time. I joined weight watchers online to help out with the food choices but I am finding it increasing difficult to make good food choices. It was easier when I wasn't so hungry but now I feel like I am faced with making good food choices while I am starving all of the time. I don't get another fill until the 9th of next month. This last weekend I ate so many carbs it is ridiculous. I was able to eat an entire ham and cheese sandwich with no issues at all. I even wanted to eat food in private so noone would judge me. I do not want to go back to that way of thinking again!!!!!!! I feel so alone in this and I am freaking out. I don't really even want to get on this site because I am mad that other people are having success and I am failing at yet another weight loss attempt. I know that I have to let the band work for me and it takes a while to get there but right now I am just majorly discouraged. I am starting to get really emotional all of the time. I have never in my life been a cryer but now I cry watching tv shows. Hell I started crying while typing this reply......I swear I am falling apart at the seams! Sorry to vent but this is crap!

Oh, bless you heart. I wish I was closer and I could hug you. You are doing great, don't be so hard on yourself. We have all lost a really good friend, food, It comforted us when we were down and was there to help us all Celebrate when we were happy. An entire ham & cheese sandwich is not bad. Forget it and don't beat yourself up anymore. We have all done things like that. Now you can move on and get back on the program.

Yesterday when I got my fill I explained to my Dr that it worked great the first few days then I started getting hungry again. My Dr said that was normal and that's why we are doing teenie, tiny .25 cc (in my opinion) fills every 2 weeks. He does not want me to feel the band or have to get an unfill. He wants my hunger to stay away between meals and for me to be able to use Portion Control. I can still put away the same size portions sometimes as I could pre-band. If we told anyone about the surgery it's discouraging for us because we have put ourselves out there with this lapband and everyone expects us to be thin, quickly. The lapband does not work that way and I wanted a silver bullet too. It's proven to be a lot of work but I do feel better since I have lost and know THIS TIME I can loose it and keep it off for good. That will be the difference in this diet. I think in a few months we will all be very happy campers and the band will be working for all of us. It's just gonna take fills and time. Do not be discouraged. Every body has it's own timetable. I lost 1 lb in 2 weeks this time. I'm up to 16 lbs total pre and post op. That's waaaaay behind most on here. Our body & metabolism are still adjusting to the band and trying to figure out that we are in fact, not trying to starve it. It takes time.

Let me tell you what my sweet hubby did for me. He put 3, 5 lbs weights on my desk. When I saw them he asked me to hand them to him. I could hardly pick them up. He said, "that's the 15 lbs you have lost, you think you have not lost much but look at that and imagine, you were walking around with that 6 week ago. No wonder you feel better! " You have lost almost 2 times that much weight, Good job. You are just at a plateau. You are not failing. Keep up the good work, it wiil pay off.

Blessings,

GG

Ok, so I stressed for nothing! It was easy and no lidocaine. 4 cc's. I guess I was a little overwhelmed. I have not lost that much weight since surgery, only 2 pounds on their records, but I know that I have lost inches and througout the whole process I've lost about 40 pounds. That being said, my tummy is growling since I'm back on liquids for 2 days!

I love the idea of the Water bottle rubberbands! I have a bad habit of bringing water to work and not drinking it. Maybe if I see a goal, I will complete it!

I keep reminding myself that I didn't gain this weight overnight and it's not gonna come off that quick either. We all need to remind ourselves of that from time to time. it's easy to get discouraged. That's why I love this board. I may not post often, but reading that others are having the same struggles I have really helps - that kinda sounds sad/sick/bad, doesn't it?

Good luck A11's!!! We can do this!

Hi I still haven't had a fill despite 3 attempts they can't find the entry point. I have to wait until a different doc comes back from holiday before they will X-ray to see if the port has flipped and if I can finally get a fill. This week has been hell as I am hungry and have been on a sugar binge. I am now really down and wishing I had never had the band fitted. At least I was losing very slowly but now I haven't lost anything for the last 5 weeks and have even started to gain again.

Ok, so I stressed for nothing! It was easy and no lidocaine. 4 cc's. I guess I was a little overwhelmed. I have not lost that much weight since surgery, only 2 pounds on their records, but I know that I have lost inches and througout the whole process I've lost about 40 pounds. That being said, my tummy is growling since I'm back on liquids for 2 days!

I love the idea of the Water bottle rubberbands! I have a bad habit of bringing water to work and not drinking it. Maybe if I see a goal, I will complete it!

I keep reminding myself that I didn't gain this weight overnight and it's not gonna come off that quick either. We all need to remind ourselves of that from time to time. it's easy to get discouraged. That's why I love this board. I may not post often, but reading that others are having the same struggles I have really helps - that kinda sounds sad/sick/bad, doesn't it?

Good luck A11's!!! We can do this!

Yeaaaaah! You survived. So glad it went so well and now that's another first for you that's over. First time things can be scary.

You are not sad/sick/bad. You are a beautiful person that has a shared interest in this forum and we all benefit from sharing ideas, struggles and problems. I am happy to hear there are people out there reading. Sometimes I think I am the only one still on this thread. I sure am the one that says the most I guess!

Inches are great. When people look at us they don't see a number on our forehead giving our weight. They see inches that are gone. If everyone out there has not taken their measurements do it now. Then when you are discouraged and think the weight is just not coming off measure yourself. Chances are the inches are coming off. Yes, you are right, we did not all get here because we woke up one morning and we were overweight. It took years to get here and we cannot expect to loose it overnight. In fact it's better if we loose it more slowly. That being said, I still would be very happy if the weight loss fairy would let me loose just 2 little lbs a week. That's not too much to ask is it?

Hang in there everybody! We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

Yeaaaaah! You survived. So glad it went so well and now that's another first for you that's over. First time things can be scary.

You are not sad/sick/bad. You are a beautiful person that has a shared interest in this forum and we all benefit from sharing ideas, struggles and problems. I am happy to hear there are people out there reading. Sometimes I think I am the only one still on this thread. I sure am the one that says the most I guess!

Inches are great. When people look at us they don't see a number on our forehead giving our weight. They see inches that are gone. If everyone out there has not taken their measurements do it now. Then when you are discouraged and think the weight is just not coming off measure yourself. Chances are the inches are coming off. Yes, you are right, we did not all get here because we woke up one morning and we were overweight. It took years to get here and we cannot expect to loose it overnight. In fact it's better if we loose it more slowly. That being said, I still would be very happy if the weight loss fairy would let me loose just 2 little lbs a week. That's not too much to ask is it?

Hang in there everybody! We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

I have wanted to, but I find it difficult to measure my waist due to my shape and fat. I dont know which one to put the tape around the top or bottom stomach or in the middle. I think that I will not get an accurate measurement each time because I don't know what I am doing. Lord, knows GG I can trying to hang in there! :rolleyes:

Hi I still haven't had a fill despite 3 attempts they can't find the entry point. I have to wait until a different doc comes back from holiday before they will X-ray to see if the port has flipped and if I can finally get a fill. This week has been hell as I am hungry and have been on a sugar binge. I am now really down and wishing I had never had the band fitted. At least I was losing very slowly but now I haven't lost anything for the last 5 weeks and have even started to gain again.

Wow. It sounds like you have had a really hard time so far. I can't understand why they can't do anything until the Dr returns but I guess you have no other choice but wait for xrays. Try and stay on some sort of healthy eating program and avoid the sugar. I certainly understand it, I love it too, but It is just not good for us. Sugar is not good for anyone! Drink your Water, exercise and fill up on lots of veggies and Protein. When they find your port and you finally get some fills it will help with your hunger. These first few months are hard for everyone and you have really had a hard time but try to hang in there. We are all in new terrritory and our bodies have to get used to the lapband and adjust to it. It is a tool and we should not go back to our old ways that got us in this position. By this time next year we will all be doing well and our bands will be doing their job. We have to give the lapband time and I know it's hard to wait. Try and stay the course until yours can be adjusted to work. It's not working yet. You can do it!

Blessings,

GG

I have wanted to, but I find it difficult to measure my waist due to my shape and fat. I dont know which one to put the tape around the top or bottom stomach or in the middle. I think that I will not get an accurate measurement each time because I don't know what I am doing. Lord, knows GG I can trying to hang in there! :rolleyes:

You're a hoot! Sounds like my double chins. Measure all 3! Measure from your belly button at the intervals where your 3 waists are, note the measurements and do it the same place each time. Or, forget your waist for a while! Eventually you will have only one since you are going to hang in there until you reach your goal! You can do it!

Blessings,

GG

WELL, ADD ME TO THE LIST! (I BARELY MADE THE MONTH) MY NAME IS DANETTE, 36 YRS OLD, NOT MARRIED, ONE SON, 17 MONTHS!

I WAS BANDED AUG 31ST 2011!! PRE SURGERY WEIGHT WAS 287, PRE SURGERY WEIGHT WAS 279, CURRENT WEIGHT IS 258!!

IVE BEEN WEARING A 20 FOR QUITE SOME TIME, BUT CAN FINALLY SAY I FIT IN AN 18. THIS HAS BEEN AN INTERESTING 7 WEEKS AND LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING THIS JOURNEY WITH ALL OF YOU!!

DG! <3