Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am mI the ONLY one who DOESN'T weigh everyday/week?

Yep. Not a "scale" person..at least not the ever-fluctuating, stress-inducing, does-this-thing-even work type home scale..I WILL weigh at my surgeon's and at my nutritionist(who advises against weighing everyday..), but I don't see how people who DO weight EVERY DAY can take it... The frustration would KILL me....lol..

I limit myself to once a week. I would drive myself crazy too.

I limit myself to once a week. I would drive myself crazy too.

Same here could not face the up and down. I will wait till next Mon when I see the Dr.

I weigh every single day. As soon as I wake up, I use the potty, strip, and weigh. It's my morning routine. It really is helpful for me to "check myself" before I "wreck myself". I am a binge eater, and if I binge it SHOWS the next day. Actual losses take time to appear, but that is okay for me. Just seeing the scale stay the same doesn't bother me, but I am the best at convincing myself that what I eat doesn't have consequences. The scale is a very real reminder that my choices do matter. Anyways, good luck on your journey!

Believe it r not I can feel when I lost weight ( evn a pound or two) and I can feel if I gained. I only get on the scale when I suspect I had lost something. My scale is in my dining room and I rarely weigh myself.

When I was loosing, I weighed in once a week and recorded it. Like others have said, I felt like the natural flucuations would drive me crazy. Now that I am in maintainance mode, I have become a scale ***** lol. I get on it every day. I just can't help it. I admit sometimes I get really frustrated with what the scale is saying, but overall I just use it as a gauge.

Yep. Not a "scale" person..at least not the ever-fluctuating, stress-inducing, does-this-thing-even work type home scale..I WILL weigh at my surgeon's and at my nutritionist(who advises against weighing everyday..), but I don't see how people who DO weight EVERY DAY can take it... The frustration would KILL me....lol..

I weigh only at the surgeon's office which is every 2-3months!

I weight myself each day - same time each morning, I pee, strip, and weigh. I just need that constant reminder to get me set in motion. I also record my weight each day on www.myfitnesspal.com and for me, it works. I know that our bodies naturally fluctuate due to Water gain, etc. so I don't get crazy when I see the numbers go up.

If it makes you happy to not weigh yourself, then don't! You'll have a nice delightful surprise to see those numbers down when you go to the doctor's office each time.

Keep up the good work and good luck =)

I am one week post-op and weighed today. I weighed last Saturday and Sunday because I had to get fluids at the ER. That was 4lbs gain overnite! Actually just did that for curiosity. I have a friend who weighs herself everyday dieting or not. She swears she'll have a 10lbs difference overnite. I think I will just stick to once a week.

Believe it r not I can feel when I lost weight ( evn a pound or two) and I can feel if I gained. I only get on the scale when I suspect I had lost something. My scale is in my dining room and I rarely weigh myself.

Well believe it or not (hhahahhah) I can feel it to so I never weigh every day.....wait a week and then weigh! BOOOOYAAAHHH! Usually instant gratification!

I went many years without having a scale at all. In 2008 I started doing Weight Watchers and bought a digital scale. I weighed every day for quite a while, although I only recorded and "counted" the weight on my official weigh-in day. For me, it was helpful to learn my "normals" because my weight can fluctuate 3-4 lbs in a day sometimes. If I had not known that, there would have been several official weigh-in days where I was disappointed. But because I knew my body's fluctuations, if my weight was not what I expected I didn't get super disappointed and give up.

Since my surgery I've weighed almost daily. Most days it goes down but if it's up or stays the same I don't freak out about it. Again I have an official weigh in day, which is Thursday since my surgery was on a Thursday. I've read from various experts that it's good to weigh daily and that it's bad to weigh daily LOL. I think it's one of those things that people have to decide for themselves based on their personalities and how they use the information that daily weighing can give them. If it makes people too stressed out, then they shouldn't do it, but if it's helpful to keep people on the right track then it's very useful.

I weighed myself when I left the hospital. I developed a bad esophagitis and needed to stay an extra two days for UGI and EGD. When I left, I asked for a scale and it recorded 13 pounds down [i had surgery 7/26 and discharged 7/29]. I weighed myself every day from the time I got home until yesterday. I will wait for the first official weigh-in on Friday morning. My scale is pretty much in sync with the scale my dietician used in the doctor's office. Weighing everyday can freak a person out especially if it fluctuates due to Fluid balance.

By Friday I should be over the 25 lb mark. I can't wait until I am out of the 240's.

Lydia

I was banded on July 22nd and am down 12 pounds since then, WooHoo! My surgeon and nutritionist recommended that I weight myself only once a week except when I get my first fill and start solid foods. My surgeon informed me that getting back to solid foods makes some gain weight and to avoid a huge shock, he recommended I weight myself every other day for a couple of weeks just to keep a good mind set and to be aware of what and how much I'm eating and possibly gaining. After the initial (possible) weight gain then he said to go back to once a week.