Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got my gym membership and have started "working out"...have been able to do 15 min on the treadmill and 15 min on the bicycle plus some exercise machines for the arms and legs..to a whooping 45 min! I think I need to do more cardio though dry.gif . Are any of you hitting the gym and if so what are you all doing? I'm at a total loss.

oh my goodness I finally have some restriction. I have never been so excited. I am at 9 cc out of 14 and this is the first fill to give me any encouragement at all this it works. I was banded July 14th and expected results alot sooner.

I have alot of work to do, trying to get my portions in place. this fill has finally made me slow down. I still don't feel super full like I had hoped but eating smaller bites is making me bored to tears with eating and I just want to stop. I think my brain might not even recognize "full" , full to me is like Thanksgiving full, pains in your belly that you have to try to walk off.

I would love to hear from other july 2011 bandsters who are having results eithor way.

Dawn Marie

Hey July Bandsters I'm super proud of all of u guys. I was banded on July13th of this year. So far I've lost 40 pounds. Super thrilled but now with my third fill I feel restrictions with my food intake and thats great but I take my Vitamins everyday and I've began to notice that my hair is like falling out. I'm totally bummed because it took me forevvvveer to grow my hair long and I dont want to be all bald. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced Hair loss with their weight loss . I'm not have any problems with feeling too tight but should I go to my doctor to have Fluid removed? OH well let me know what Y'all think and keep up the good work people! :P

maybe search lapbandtalk.com "biotin" - I remember reading that using it may help with Hair loss. I saw it yesterday at Walmart when I was getting my B12. :)

Hi all,

Hopefully some of you are checking in. It's hard to believe that surgery was 4 months ago. Oh how life has changed. I'm down 67 lbs and finally at a good point as far as the saline fill goes. Hope everyone is doing ok :) I'm still blogging (see below) so I don't check here too often.

Just checking in...I know it's been way too long. Banded July 13th and I'm down 46 pounds. I've had 4 fills, this last one has made a huge difference. I'm actually having a hard time telling my head to stop; my body reminds me quickly. bread, rice and Pasta are definite no's now. Three more pounds to hit wONEderland...can't wait as I haven't seen that in 15 years. Can actually buy clothes in the regular area; no more plus sizes. That in and of itself is a great feeling. Well, guess I better go get on the elliptical, as I have to log into work in 30 minutes. Hope everyone is doing well.

HI everybody, my progress has been extremely slow. I am still trying to learn how to eat the lap band way.

Certain foods are finally a no no, rice gets stuck everytime, (so why do I even try?)

I really thought this wasn't going to work for me but I think I am just going to be a really slow looser. My brain is so used to thinking I need 1800 calories so 1200 seems like starvation. But little bit at a time I am satisfied with less.

I shopped in a regular department yesterday as opposed to the plus size which felt great. I also ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill and then joined my family for a swim at the y. Normally I wouldn't swim with them. My last fill was almost a month ago. I know I have to do the work for this not the lap band is going to do it all for me. I am at 27 pounds lost in 5 months, it seems so slow, but like everyone says the slower the better.

looking forward to hearing from anyone banded in july 2011

Hi fellow July bandsters: I'm down about 40 lbs so far. I have not had a fill yet since I have been losing......slowly but steadily. I have had a few stuck episodes so I'm kind of afraid to get a fill right now. I do feel like I am eating more every day and that is not a good thing. Think I might be ready for a fill soon......just don't want to get that stuck feeling.

Hi guys! My weight loss has been really, really slow but I finally broke my plateau. I'm at 166.8 pounds, the lowest weight in 5 years. I'm hoping for 160 by my birthday in April. Although this is only about 10 pounds since July, I'm ok with this. I've had extreme personal and professional stress since then and I'm sure I would have gained a ton of weight were it not for my lapband.

I'm into my size 10 jeans, medium uniform pants, 36DD bras, and wore my favorite size 12 dress on Christmas eve.

I'm down (officially from highest weight at dr. office) from 205 to 166.8 since May 17.

Hope you all are doing well.

thats so awesome I see you were banded in July how much saline do you have in your band?

what is your diet like?

my weight loss is really slow and I am learning how to eat with the band everyday.

do you excersise alot?

I love checking this post to see how everyone is doing! I've got ten more lbs. to go but they're coming off very slowly (not complaining though). I do find I'm always eating on the go. Sitting down three times a day for over 30 minutes it's just not happening. I'm vowing to start tracking on myfitness pal again, just to make sure I'm not getting off track. I do need to start exercising soon. If I get my schedule changed at work I'll be looking for a gym membership soon. I wish you continued success July 2011 bandsters :)

Hey July banders! I have be MIA after being banded due to a suprise miracle! Found out I was 8 pregnant 3 weeks after surgery! So now that my beautiful baby girl is here Im ready to get started on my banded journey! Where are my other July 2011 Banded friends??? How have you been doing? Are you seeing the results you hoped for? Anyone need a buddy to get going again??