Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded (with plication) on 7/7. I have lost 26 pounds but none this week. I guess my body is just catching up. I am finding that I get hungry some (usually around 4 pm) so I am looking forward to me first fill on 8/9. Gas was awful for a few days and due to the heat I am having some issues walking but I still find time to do it for at least 20 min a day. Due to the "double" surgery I will have a bit longer recovery time. I am really suprised how good I do feel and I am back to work full time. Looking forward to hearing from you guys. FYI, I began eating regular food on Fri 7/15 and not having any problems. Have a great day to all from warm and sunny Florida :rolleyes:

Melinda

Have a bit of discomfort still in the midline. Kind of weird since no incisions or port there. I am eating 2 eggs (cooked with olive oil) for Breakfast, trying for 2 shakes per day, having chicken with a tiny bit of broth for lunch with very well cooked lima Beans, and been having ham for dinner. I was eating mashed potatoes, but think that they contributed to a lower rate of weight loss. I still do some popsicles, but fewer because the cold seems to bug the band. Maybe 1000 calories per day, but I do work 10 hours per day and commute 2 hours. Been walking around neighborhood and playing with kids for exercise. I've also been using my dear husband as part of my exercise routine (if you know what I mean!). LOL

I love my boobs! I love saying that. Seriously, I am loving the changes I am seeing in my body. I'm totally learning a new sense of love for my body. I think I might be plateaued on weight loss for now, but I can live with losing inches instead. :D Either way, I'm winning because I am losing.

You are doing so awesome! So glad you are enjoying the changes in your body, as well as the "girls". LOL Hope to be losing soon myself.

Shauna

Have a bit of discomfort still in the midline. Kind of weird since no incisions or port there. I am eating 2 eggs (cooked with olive oil) for Breakfast, trying for 2 shakes per day, having chicken with a tiny bit of broth for lunch with very well cooked lima Beans, and been having ham for dinner. I was eating mashed potatoes, but think that they contributed to a lower rate of weight loss. I still do some popsicles, but fewer because the cold seems to bug the band. Maybe 1000 calories per day, but I do work 10 hours per day and commute 2 hours. Been walking around neighborhood and playing with kids for exercise. I've also been using my dear husband as part of my exercise routine (if you know what I mean!). LOL

I love my boobs! I love saying that. Seriously, I am loving the changes I am seeing in my body. I'm totally learning a new sense of love for my body. I think I might be plateaued on weight loss for now, but I can live with losing inches instead. :D Either way, I'm winning because I am losing.

Went to the Lane Bryant outlet today - dropped $130 there. Yikes. I got quite a bit though. I needed some good sports bras (I've dropped a CUP SIZE!) and some exercise clothing (when I get to that point). I think I'm down from a 28 to a 26 pants. Although it is nice, I really have to be careful with what I buy because of the weight loss - my exercise stuff is all drawstring so that I don't have to keep buying new clothes. The surgery really took all my money (and then some).

Question - so clothing sizes are always 22-24 and 26-28, but why doesn't anyone make a 24-26? I've never seen it at any store. Kind of drives me crazy! Just a little rant there. :)

Amy

I was banded (with plication) on 7/7. I have lost 26 pounds but none this week. I guess my body is just catching up. I am finding that I get hungry some (usually around 4 pm) so I am looking forward to me first fill on 8/9. Gas was awful for a few days and due to the heat I am having some issues walking but I still find time to do it for at least 20 min a day. Due to the "double" surgery I will have a bit longer recovery time. I am really suprised how good I do feel and I am back to work full time. Looking forward to hearing from you guys. FYI, I began eating regular food on Fri 7/15 and not having any problems. Have a great day to all from warm and sunny Florida :rolleyes:

Melinda

Hi, I'm also from Jacksonville. I'm looking at having the surgery in September. How did you feel about the plication? Are you more sore, did you have to stay out of work longer? They kind of sprung it on me at my appt. He said it was an "investigational" technique. Then when I talked to the psychologist, she said that insurance might not cover that. So I called Patti. She said yes it was an extra $800. I'm trying to determine if it is worth it. Would love to keep in touch.

I'm a little worried.

I am one week post op and still feeling really stuffed almost all the time. I had some Soup at 11 a.m. and it is now 9 p.m. and I feel like I just ate a huge meal. Drinking just makes it more intense. Do you think that is normal? I know I'm not getting enough calories or fluids, and I'm really starting to grieve the loss of food. I need a pep talk. sad.gif

I'm a little worried.

I am one week post op and still feeling really stuffed almost all the time. I had some Soup at 11 a.m. and it is now 9 p.m. and I feel like I just ate a huge meal. Drinking just makes it more intense. Do you think that is normal? I know I'm not getting enough calories or fluids, and I'm really starting to grieve the loss of food. I need a pep talk. sad.gif

I wasn't hungry at all the first week. I had to force myself to eat. I am 11 days out and just starting to get hungry. My doctor said I was doing so well that I could move onto mushies early. yipee!! I'm definitely not getting enough calories yet, either. Hang in there, this too shall pass!!

Hi Everybody,

Sounds like everyone is doing great. It's a steep learning curve here for sure. Thursday I will be a week post-op. I've not got any restriction on liquids but I am doing my due diligence with Protein and fluids. I discovered unflavored Soy Isolate Protein powder, $15 for a big oatmeal sized container at Whole Foods and have been boosting the Protein content of smooth Soups just to have something hot and more substantial. I am sooooooo looking forward to mushies, especially a little hummus. Not sure how much I'll have lost with no real exercise in more than a week but they'll weigh me Thurs at my recheck appt. So we shall see. I am desperate to start real exercise again, I was doing so well in the gym when surgery and recovery broke my rhythm! Still taking a percocet at night to sleep comfortably on my side, anyone think that's an issue almost a week out? We are having a heat wave the next few days too, and I hate the heat. Give me strength!

Regarding the Protein drink, I believe my doctor's instruction is to drink this religiously for a year after surgery, or more. I have found something that I like (Nectar powder) so I guess I'm fine with this! Good luck!

How many calories are you getting per day? Are you still adding Protein to your food or drinking shakes?

Hi Everybody,

Sounds like everyone is doing great. It's a steep learning curve here for sure. Thursday I will be a week post-op. I've not got any restriction on liquids but I am doing my due diligence with Protein and fluids. I discovered unflavored Soy Isolate Protein Powder, $15 for a big oatmeal sized container at Whole Foods and have been boosting the Protein content of smooth Soups just to have something hot and more substantial. I am sooooooo looking forward to mushies, especially a little hummus. Not sure how much I'll have lost with no real exercise in more than a week but they'll weigh me Thurs at my recheck appt. So we shall see. I am desperate to start real exercise again, I was doing so well in the gym when surgery and recovery broke my rhythm! Still taking a percocet at night to sleep comfortably on my side, anyone think that's an issue almost a week out? We are having a heat wave the next few days too, and I hate the heat. Give me strength!

Hey there my fellow Mass friend!! :D

You sound exactly like me a week ago! I was taking a percocet to sleep comfortably on my side at night as well. Now I am 2 weeks post op and actually slept on my stomach last night...woohoo!!!! sleeping has been my roughest issue thus far. I am a side and tummy sleeper so sleeping on my back for a week was torture. You sound like you're right on target as far as healing and comfort goes. Give it another week and you'll feel like a completely different person! :)

Hi Everybody,

Sounds like everyone is doing great. It's a steep learning curve here for sure. Thursday I will be a week post-op. I've not got any restriction on liquids but I am doing my due diligence with Protein and fluids. I discovered unflavored Soy Isolate Protein powder, $15 for a big oatmeal sized container at Whole Foods and have been boosting the protein content of smooth Soups just to have something hot and more substantial. I am sooooooo looking forward to mushies, especially a little hummus. Not sure how much I'll have lost with no real exercise in more than a week but they'll weigh me Thurs at my recheck appt. So we shall see. I am desperate to start real exercise again, I was doing so well in the gym when surgery and recovery broke my rhythm! Still taking a percocet at night to sleep comfortably on my side, anyone think that's an issue almost a week out? We are having a heat wave the next few days too, and I hate the heat. Give me strength!

Also, great suggestion on the extra protein powder and adding it to your soups. I have been falling a tad short on the protein intake and this sounds like a GREAT way to add it in! :D

I have to use the soy Proteins, too. Here is what I found at my local Hi Health store - NOW Soy Protein Isolate - unflavored. It has 20g of Protein per serving (most of the time I just sneak a tablespoon in my meals. I think it was $20 for 2 lbs and I can't taste it, but wow does it thicken!!

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=3236

Amy

Hi Everybody,

Sounds like everyone is doing great. It's a steep learning curve here for sure. Thursday I will be a week post-op. I've not got any restriction on liquids but I am doing my due diligence with protein and fluids. I discovered unflavored Soy Isolate protein powder, $15 for a big oatmeal sized container at Whole Foods and have been boosting the protein content of smooth Soups just to have something hot and more substantial. I am sooooooo looking forward to mushies, especially a little hummus. Not sure how much I'll have lost with no real exercise in more than a week but they'll weigh me Thurs at my recheck appt. So we shall see. I am desperate to start real exercise again, I was doing so well in the gym when surgery and recovery broke my rhythm! Still taking a percocet at night to sleep comfortably on my side, anyone think that's an issue almost a week out? We are having a heat wave the next few days too, and I hate the heat. Give me strength!

Interestingly, when my surgeon's office called this past Monday, I asked about hummus and pea Soup (not together!). They are both more on the filling/carb side of the "liquid" continuum. I expected hummus to be a no, but was told that if it had no chunks, it was okay. We buy the little Sabra hummus single servings from BJs and they are quite satisfying. So, though the nurse, not the nutritionist, gave me the green light, I've had both and they have sat well.

I agree that you should wait a few more days and don't worry about the Percocet. You'll be able to go without it soon enough.

Good luck!

Hi Everybody,

Sounds like everyone is doing great. It's a steep learning curve here for sure. Thursday I will be a week post-op. I've not got any restriction on liquids but I am doing my due diligence with Protein and fluids. I discovered unflavored Soy Isolate Protein powder, $15 for a big oatmeal sized container at Whole Foods and have been boosting the protein content of smooth Soups just to have something hot and more substantial. I am sooooooo looking forward to mushies, especially a little hummus. Not sure how much I'll have lost with no real exercise in more than a week but they'll weigh me Thurs at my recheck appt. So we shall see. I am desperate to start real exercise again, I was doing so well in the gym when surgery and recovery broke my rhythm! Still taking a percocet at night to sleep comfortably on my side, anyone think that's an issue almost a week out? We are having a heat wave the next few days too, and I hate the heat. Give me strength!

Thanks everybody!! :)