Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

I forgot where I got this link, but it is an excellent food guide for the first weeks post op.

http://www.longviewregional.com/weightloss/Documents/LapBandPostOpDietMealPlan.pdf

Finally got my surgery date too .ITS 25th OF JULY .I am happy.The nurse called me today and asked me to follow the pre-op diet.I have been doing that already for past 3 days have lost 5 lbs .I feel lighter.No big hunger pangs so far.Going is good so far.I have to see my doctor for the pre-op appointment on Wednesday 20th.Things can only go better from here.:rolleyes:

Just scroll back in the pre-op section, its here in our July group. The one thing that I would highly recommend is: Biotene mouth spray (designed to help dry mouth and also freshen breath) - in the toothpaste aisle at Walmart. It is a moisturizing mouth spray. SO awesome for dry mouth. It was the first thing I asked for when I woke up. My mouth was SO dry. Even when I was lounging around, that stuff was great. It was like $5 and a very gentle mint flavor. Trust me....buy it. If you don't use it, return it. But you will, trust me! :)

Amy

Shauna ~ so glad you're doing well enough to post :) Now that I'm getting close to Betty the Lapband's Birthday (this Thr) I can't find the bring to hospital list and after hospital list .... do you still have it? Why oh why didn't I mark that post when you posted it? Thanks !! (No biggie if you can't find it). Have a wonderful evening !

I thought that I should add my name to the list too.

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, Banded Karebear, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk, Xtinabrown13, Ecinaj, Wanttobeskinny22

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky, Diana1980

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy, BANDme_LUV, jengy, leemuise

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina, mfrancis, Kay Adams

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A, Lisa_MC, Ginasjmm4, JulieB0802

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, NewCruiseGirl2011, Denise'sjourney, Meerkat135, dmhanaphy (Dawn Marie)

July 15: Shauna Deanne, Corize, JohnnyBoy, Labella624, Moe-Moe

July 17: Nouzi

July 18: Colee85, Bandmebaby!, ANewMe63

July 19: Mrs. Schultz, karmaandkismet, Anjiie, teacherz

July 20: Carmen16

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401, TWILLED

July 22: razzcat, Kgirl1960 (Kristy), BamaBrandy

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary), Spicensour :lol:

July 26: Serifa, MustangMama

July 27: Healthy4Ever

July 28: Erica Pizzi, whitetiger011680, sherylb

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama, kychick1294

Thank you, your right I appreciate your comment and support!

My doctor said not to worry about losing weight until after my first fill. I too am having a hard time getting in all the Protein we are suppose to have daily. Keeping hydrated, but not getting my nutrients. Our body needs the protein to heal itself.

Keep you head up and don't worry too much about the scale until after your first fill. You made the right choice to be healthy. We didn't get to this point overnight and we won't meet our goal overnight either.

Here for you!

Tammy

Ya I think a mini plateau may be the culprit, even before the band whenever I dieted and lost weight I'd lose the first 20 pounds rather quick and then my body would hit the brakes, I guess I just thought It would have been different now that I'm banded but now I know....I guess it's always going to be a learning process. I thank you for your comment and support as well, much appreciated!

There's 2 schools of thought here...one says, just wait a week or two, and the numbers will start coming down again (you are on a mini-plateau). The second one says your body thinks it's starving with so few calories and isn't letting go of the weight for that reason. In which case, you should temporarily UP your calories (say to 1000+ a day) for a few days to see if that fixes it.

I can't tell you which one of these is right, but those are your options.

Shauna

Here you go...from way back on page 7!

Food:

sugar free popsicles

sugar free Jello

Protein Shakes

fruit juice/milk/crystal light (I LOVE the Walmart brand of crystal light)

Soup

Medical:

Gas X Strips

Scar cream or cocoa butter

Ice packs

Heating Pad

Lip balm

OTC Pain reliever

General:

drinking straws

electronic scale

hand blender

new set of knives (nice and sharp to cut up food!)

"Bandwagon" book

small rubbermaid containers to help portion out food

food scale

measuring cups

Shauna ~ so glad you're doing well enough to post :) Now that I'm getting close to Betty the Lapband's Birthday (this Thr) I can't find the bring to hospital list and after hospital list .... do you still have it? Why oh why didn't I mark that post when you posted it? Thanks !! (No biggie if you can't find it). Have a wonderful evening !

Shauna ~ you're a doll ! I couldn't remember the sugar free Jello ! Hope you are feeling 'one day better' !!

Just wanted to let you guys know I made it! Yesterday was the day and I was feeling out of it! Today the gas pains are terrible but I took some gas-x and I'm walking around to relieve it.

Good Morning everyone! Thank you all for so much information on here. I am joining the July Banders here. I get mine on the 27th I have mixed emotions just like everyone else but most of all I am excited ! Talk to you all soon.

Lori

haven't posted in awhile...but still thinking of all of you July Bandsters who are on this side of the board. Good Luck to all of you and I hope your all staying cool in this hot weather that most of the country is experiencing. We'll be seeing you all very soon on the post op side of the board!

Congrats girl!!! Wishing you the best of luck!!!! :)

Just wanted to let you guys know I made it! Yesterday was the day and I was feeling out of it! Today the gas pains are terrible but I took some gas-x and I'm walking around to relieve it.

Hey There,

Just looking for any July 2011 banders. I just started my process, but as that I am "self-pay", I am on a fast track to surgery. Although, not terribly obese (bmi 34), I am using lap band surgery as a tool for continued success after loosing weight. I have always been able to join a program(diet or exercise or prescription) and loose weight.....I've done it several times with several different programs (not a good thing), but I always gain the weight back and more. Now that I am in my 40s, it is harder to loose and faster to come back. No more, I say! I want to be heathy in my future - family history/genetics dictates that I will/can be using a walker or wheel chair from degenerative bones and joints, heart disease, diabetes. I am trying to steer clear of that but still keep seeing myself heading in that direction, so now is the time for further action. Although apprehensive about going under, I am reading all the good things about the lap band procedure and am hoping that it is just a little more than the tubiligation and endemetrial ablasion that I had done last year. At least, I am thinking of it that way, so as to not scare myself too badly!

Lisa B - Northern Virginia

Hi Lisa,

Our stories are similar. As I am self pay and my BMI is 34. I'm 33 with two kids and I've dieted, excersise to lose weight and put back on more. I'm at the point in my life now where I am the biggest I have ever been, even being 9 months pregnant with both my kids. So to that I say "No More". I'm scheduled for surgery on Aug. 11, 2011. Any tips you can give me would be great. Please keep in touch I would love to see your progress.

Thanks!

Melissa

Hey There,

Just looking for any July 2011 banders. I just started my process, but as that I am "self-pay", I am on a fast track to surgery. Although, not terribly obese (bmi 34), I am using lap band surgery as a tool for continued success after loosing weight. I have always been able to join a program(diet or exercise or prescription) and loose weight.....I've done it several times with several different programs (not a good thing), but I always gain the weight back and more. Now that I am in my 40s, it is harder to loose and faster to come back. No more, I say! I want to be heathy in my future - family history/genetics dictates that I will/can be using a walker or wheel chair from degenerative bones and joints, heart disease, diabetes. I am trying to steer clear of that but still keep seeing myself heading in that direction, so now is the time for further action. Although apprehensive about going under, I am reading all the good things about the lap band procedure and am hoping that it is just a little more than the tubiligation and endemetrial ablasion that I had done last year. At least, I am thinking of it that way, so as to not scare myself too badly!

Lisa B - Northern Virginia

Congratulations! You will be feeling much better soon, I promise!

And welcome to lburn, I've added you to our list.

Shauna